Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FGF is a hoot
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 73
| visibility 1

FGF is a hoot

Feb 6, 2014, 2:20 AM

There are guys over there not satisfied with recruiting, saying there aren't any 5 stars on their list. Then they are quickly silenced saying, "we don't recruit stars." Then in a thread just below that one, they brag about having 4 star linemen and ours only being 3 stars LOL. Coot logic.

Then there is another thread created that seems to be somewhat akin to the Hunger Games in that they are trying to decide whose scholarship to cut (must get rid of 8). They speak of some of their players as 'worthless' or a 'waste of a scholarship.' Coot class.

Then I spotted a gem...a coot making fun of our lack of accomplishments...then goes on to say "Great record against Duke & Wake...if anyone cares." ....and what is your record against Duke? Get a clue...

I love Tigernet and feel a kind of brotherly bond here, but if you're looking for some comedy, go no further than FGF...just delouse when you leave...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks but I'll pass***

Feb 6, 2014, 2:27 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^Does not want to contract the herp.........again***

Feb 6, 2014, 2:32 AM

LOL....TigerNet's ability to raise the old blood pressure

Feb 6, 2014, 4:22 AM

usually is enough to suit most users. FGF's only serves to cause you to hold the phone at the ready for a 911 call!

Glad to see that you survived this latest foray into those nether regions....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

coot logic

Feb 6, 2014, 6:25 AM

Or difference of opinion? Makes no sense, thats the same on tnet. Some people care about srars, some dont. Some want to see carolina thrive, others would rather see clemson burn. Is that really any different from here? Example: !dabo has to go" vs. "We are lucky to have dabo as our head coach!!"

Fgf is a mess for sure, but moat free boards are . Brotherly love on tnet? Okay... sure

Ill be awaiting your response,OP, for explanations to the above queations.

I get it...***

Feb 6, 2014, 9:43 AM

Re: FGF is a hoot

Feb 6, 2014, 6:30 AM

Been there, and I see nothing of what you are saying. Why don't you post a link ? I guess you would actually have to find it "for real" to do that. I see big advantages we have in this class. Linemen....it's where the game is won or lost. We figured that out years ago. We used to go heavy on skill and it never panned out. Brad Scott always thought skill players were the key and we went south on that thinking. Skill players and linemen...yes. Just skill players and you just look good on paper...not so good on the field against teams with good linemen. FSU and South Carolina should come to mind for you. Trenches.....that's the secret...and we are loaded. You think Clowney was the only good "D" lineman we had....think again...

Think what you want... Our 1st rounder came back and it's

Feb 6, 2014, 6:34 AM

probably just to stomp on SCar.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

usuc has NOT replaced the d linemen that they have lost

Feb 6, 2014, 6:36 AM [ in reply to Re: FGF is a hoot ]

the last couple years with the same caliber recruits. i don't care how you try and spin it, not every recruiting service,sportswriter,sports show host, etc.(outside usuc homers) can be wrong, and they all have agreed, it's not the same talent.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: usuc has NOT replaced the d linemen that they have lost

Feb 6, 2014, 7:08 AM

Still good enough to win.....that's the bottom line.

Not this year... Ain't happnin'....***

Feb 6, 2014, 7:10 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

our graduating class ( the ones y'all just had the streak

Feb 6, 2014, 7:53 AM [ in reply to Re: usuc has NOT replaced the d linemen that they have lost ]

against) was ranked anywhere from 39 - 40-something. now, and for the foreseeable future, you will start seeing our consecutive top-15 classes coming against ya. be afraid, be very afraid.

Re: our graduating class ( the ones y'all just had the streak

Feb 6, 2014, 8:01 AM

If that "one" class was the only one that played the entire 4 years, I would agree. There were 3 classes added to that group so it doesn't make sense that you try to make that argument.

that was our sr's. that is where you get the leadership, exp

Feb 6, 2014, 8:06 AM

-erience etc. and as i told you earlier, in another thread, y'all's recruiting has went down, while ours has remained fairly steady the last 4 years. all this was taking place as we were getting our staff experienced with working together, while your staff has left when the opportunities have arose.

Re: that was our sr's. that is where you get the leadership, exp

Feb 6, 2014, 8:09 AM

The scoreboard does not reflect your line of thinking. There can only be one of two things...we have better recruits...or we have better coaching. Which is it.....no, "we beat ourselves the last 5 years" either. It's one or the other. What say you ?

yep, the better team wins every time.no such thing as upsets

Feb 6, 2014, 9:05 AM

that has never, nor will ever happen. that's written in stone somewhere, right ? right ?

Actually your question has a flaw in it.

Feb 6, 2014, 12:54 PM [ in reply to Re: that was our sr's. that is where you get the leadership, exp ]

You can't really group the last five years into the question collectively.

Each game is a separate entity in itself.

For example: This past year we beat ourselves with 6 turnovers.

Another example: In 2010 you were simply a much better team.

I am not sure what game you watched this past year....

Feb 6, 2014, 6:55 AM [ in reply to Re: FGF is a hoot ]

but we won the battle of the "trenches", it was our skill position players who lost that game. i.e. turnovers by WR's, KR's, and QB's.

Don't confuse him with facts....***

Feb 6, 2014, 7:01 AM

Re: I am not sure what game you watched this past year....

Feb 6, 2014, 7:06 AM [ in reply to I am not sure what game you watched this past year.... ]

Wow....now you just made my argument for me. Your skill players didn't win the game. Boyd was harassed, hurried, and sacked but your skill players lost the game ? You are right....we didn't watch the same game. The skill players didn't win the game or lose the game. We and FSU got to Boyd and he got rattled....through the trenches mind you.

and those trenches had what to do with 2 special teams to's?

Feb 6, 2014, 7:15 AM

riddle me that.

Yep. They don't get it . The two muffed punts were the

Feb 6, 2014, 7:22 AM

difference in the game. Just look at the Orange Bowl. Their muffed punt changed the game. Took it in for a score, then got a pick, ball game.

We won both lines of scrimmage this year in Columbia. But, just bad luck/play, whatever on special teams killed us.KILLED US.

i know, i guess that's what i get for trying to reason w/ a

Feb 6, 2014, 7:26 AM

coot. i should know better. sigh.

Re: and those trenches had what to do with 2 special teams to's?

Feb 6, 2014, 7:55 AM [ in reply to and those trenches had what to do with 2 special teams to's? ]

2 TO's ? Well that's just coaching....something else we do better.

wut ? a muffed punt, and losing the ball while switching

Feb 6, 2014, 7:59 AM

hands is coaching ? you don't know football do you ?

Re: wut ? a muffed punt, and losing the ball while switching

Feb 6, 2014, 8:03 AM

If turnovers are a consistent problem and you continue to beat yourselves year after year and you don't think it's coaching, then I would say YOU don't know football.

Come on, man. Stop trolling.

Feb 6, 2014, 8:09 AM

Clearly, you guys had the better team, in 4 of those wins. Last year? No. Turnovers, which are part of the game, cost us last year. I think it was pretty clear that we had a better team on the field.

Coaching? It's not we are "turnover U". It just happened in our two biggest games. Unfortunate.

We should have the much better team this year too. If we don't turn the ball over SIX times, we'll beat you like you're used to.

2009_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Come on, man. Stop trolling.

Feb 6, 2014, 8:14 AM

The game was already decided when the last 2 turnovers happened. There is no way you can say in a turnover free game you guys would have won. Maybe...maybe not. I will concede it would have been closer but that's all. The teams have the same talent but I think coaching goes our way every time....I know you will disagree but the proof is in the pudding.

y'all lost to tennessee, your coaching must suck.

Feb 6, 2014, 8:16 AM

see how easy that is.

Ok, keep trolling.

Feb 6, 2014, 8:21 AM [ in reply to Re: Come on, man. Stop trolling. ]

It was a one score game, when the 5th turnover took place, and your ######## was puckered up so tight that you couldn't have stuck a sewing needle in it.

You think with no turnovers, it may have been close? Heck fire, it was pretty close with SIX.

Re: Ok, keep trolling.

Feb 6, 2014, 8:33 AM

Some more of those double digit "close losses" you guys have had the last 5 years of beating yourselves. I will at least admit we sucked before Spurrier and that we still suck in basketball. The baseball team and our present day football program is just better. You love your team and you think otherwise. The old saying...people don't see things the way they really are, they see things the way THEY are..rings very true.

Troll along.

Feb 6, 2014, 8:49 AM

Who has said that we "beat ourselves", in those 5 losses? WHO? Not me. This boiled down to last years loss.

I hate and, made a lot of fun with you guys and your motto of "wait til next year". With that said, we are coming and, it'll be a reckoning. Look forward to getting beat like a drum. It's coming.

Re: Troll along.

Feb 6, 2014, 8:58 AM

Then blueridge....you are the exception rather than the rule on "beating yourselves"...I stand corrected.

Others may be referring to a couple of times when we were

Feb 6, 2014, 9:01 AM

shoving it straight down the cawks throat, with the run game, only to abandon it.

Re: Others may be referring to a couple of times when we were

Feb 6, 2014, 9:31 AM

It is still speculative....but I get their argument. It still doesn't make it a we beat ourselves.

Of course you don't. To you, the cawks are the greatest.

Feb 6, 2014, 9:33 AM

They even finished 4th and 5th, in the mighty SEC.

RINGS!!!

Re: Of course you don't. To you, the cawks are the greatest.

Feb 6, 2014, 9:39 AM

blue if we finished 4th or 5th and beat you every year for the last 5 years by doulbe digits (sometimes with back ups) then I would think it is safe to say you would have done no better in the SEC and probably worse. The LSU win was a good one...but follow it up with a road win at Tennessee, or Arkansas, or Missouri, or most SEC teams week to week. It's a different story then.

Dadgum it. Really?

Feb 6, 2014, 9:50 AM

Tennessee? Arkansas? For crying out loud, can't you just admit that those teams have been sucking, out loud, for years? Go ahead and lump Florida in there too.

Missouri? Meh. They're "ok". They don't strike any fear.

Re: Of course you don't. To you, the cawks are the greatest.

Feb 6, 2014, 10:01 AM [ in reply to Re: Of course you don't. To you, the cawks are the greatest. ]

lol this #### serious? Tenn and Ark are terrible teams.

null

hmmm...very simplistic level of

Feb 6, 2014, 10:49 AM [ in reply to Re: Of course you don't. To you, the cawks are the greatest. ]

Evaluation there.

The fact that Clemson lost to usuc means they would do worse in the sec than usuc.
Hmmm..
So we couldn't beat vandy, Kentucky, The Mississippi's,the Mississippi st. Usuc can beat a down and or Tennessee and Florida but Clemson couldn't. ..... yeah ok.
One question though. .. If we are playing all the sec teams do we also get
The sec money
The sec hype
The sec loose recruiting standards
The sec slaps on the wrists
The ncaa blind eyes
The crips, the bloods, and the Acapulco golds?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: hmmm...very simplistic level of

Feb 6, 2014, 12:08 PM

You can't beat us...so you go figure....you guys are the ones bringing up a loss to Tennessee when you lose to us. The, turn about is fair play...is fair game. Play the schedule we play and then say it. It's a guessing game but us beating you guys 5 in a row is not.

we were 11-2 how are t/o's a consistent problem? jeez.

Feb 6, 2014, 8:10 AM [ in reply to Re: wut ? a muffed punt, and losing the ball while switching ]

da

Re: we were 11-2 how are t/o's a consistent problem? jeez.

Feb 6, 2014, 8:17 AM

You are the ones making excuses for your only 2 loses being on turnovers. I just stated my case. The rue measure of the Clemson football program is not against Wake, Maryland, BC, and the other weak teams. It is against the good teams. We failed against Tennessee and Georgia and you guys dropped the ball against FSU and us. We had worse loses but the bottom line is we beat you head to head. Just the facts...

kentucky, tennessee, etc. are better ? come on, cut the cord

Feb 6, 2014, 8:20 AM

already.

Re: kentucky, tennessee, etc. are better ? come on, cut the cord

Feb 6, 2014, 8:35 AM

I don't claim proxy wins or proxy losses. The head to head on that particular day is all that counts.Period !

you brought up wake and the like, not me. y'all missed all

Feb 6, 2014, 8:41 AM

the power teams in the west, and still want to crow about your schedule, when you played 1 team in the eastern that was above average, that we didn't play,too.

Re: you brought up wake and the like, not me. y'all missed all

Feb 6, 2014, 9:01 AM

Geez sgt.....I said head to head....your argument is moot about who we missed, played, lost to, beat against anyone but Clemson. That was a win for us.....not an avoidance of SEC west teams...loses to other teams....your wins or loses....just head to head we are better.

disagree. ask denver what 4 to's did for them. they don't

Feb 6, 2014, 9:09 AM

have an effect on outcomes,though, right. are y'all raised this way, or what?

Re: disagree. ask denver what 4 to's did for them. they don't

Feb 6, 2014, 9:20 AM

sgt...Denver would have lost that game either way. Seattle was just the better team. Clemson can play head to head against most teams as can we. The problem is that most Clemson fans want to belittle our accomplishments with a , "who we lost to" mentality, but dismiss our "who we beat" unless it was against Clemson and then it was a "we beat ourselves". I think the separation of talent will always be minimal and it will boil down to coaching. We have the upper hand there and depending on when Spurrier leaves we will continue to lead there. The hate on Spurrier from the Clemson fans is understandable. If I were a Clemson fan I would hate him too....but I wouldn't make excuses for losses or belittle the other teams to make me feel better.Those proxy and we beat ourselves things would not fly with me.

Let me make sure that I understand you.

Feb 6, 2014, 9:30 AM

Bowden is a better coach than Spurrier. That's what you're saying?

Re: Let me make sure that I understand you.

Feb 6, 2014, 9:33 AM

He had much better players....that is a fact and coaching can only do so much. When the talent is the same it will be a coaching game. It's talent otherwise....

LoL

Feb 6, 2014, 9:38 AM

Whatever helps you sleep.

Re:1985... Georgetown vs Villanova

Feb 6, 2014, 9:44 AM [ in reply to Re: Let me make sure that I understand you. ]

Villanova misses one shot in the second half and Georgetown continually shoots themselves in the foot.
Was Villanova the better team? NO. Sometimes the lesser team just wins... bad day at the office.
Take a peek at the yardage comparison... WITH six extra possessions. USCjr was still out gained, period.

Orange bowl, Ohio State muffs the punt. One turnover, change the game entirely. If you cannot see how six made a difference... truly there is no reason within you.

Congrats on your win.

Re: Let me make sure that I understand you.

Feb 6, 2014, 9:59 AM [ in reply to Re: Let me make sure that I understand you. ]

lol you really believe that ####?

null

It's the only way that he can make his current belief fit.***

Feb 6, 2014, 10:02 AM

Must have figured it out #1 OT 2015***

Feb 6, 2014, 7:40 AM [ in reply to Re: FGF is a hoot ]

The fact that you're here (again) desperately seeking....

Feb 6, 2014, 9:10 AM [ in reply to Re: FGF is a hoot ]

some kind of validation from Clemson fans speaks volumes.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

You went south due to Brad Scott's thinking??? LOL what

Feb 6, 2014, 8:48 PM [ in reply to Re: FGF is a hoot ]

was the problem for the first 100 years?? Waiting for your insightful reply??? LOL!!!!!!!

I have no desire to go over there or visit the local jail.***

Feb 6, 2014, 6:31 AM

Feb 6, 2014, 8:34 AM

I would feel like I needed a bath afterwards.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's a simple case of....

Feb 6, 2014, 8:52 AM

Capons trying to burn-down our house in a desperate attempt to make theirs look better. Typical Jockstrap mentality.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 6, 2014, 9:07 AM

Good lord this Monroenc guy is a moron.

It would be nice if this place actually had moderation to take out garbage like him.

null

Moronnc is here trying to convince himself not us.***

Feb 6, 2014, 9:12 AM

Feb 6, 2014, 9:25 AM [ in reply to Re: FGF is a hoot ]

Garbage ?....are you not smart enough to make an argument for your team? I can at least say sgt will make his case. You guys want a rah,rah board then that's fine with me but I will not join in it. I don't talk smack and I back up what I say with facts or a personal opinion. Don't let me scare you....if the mods think I have said something wrong they will let me know or ban me. I would hope that an honest open discussion would not warrant that.

You have your head way too far up your own a$$......

Feb 6, 2014, 9:50 AM

to engage in any type of factual discussion.

You are nothing more than a Capon troll inebriated from swilling the CootAid.

Feb 6, 2014, 9:57 AM [ in reply to Re: FGF is a hoot ]

Yes you are garbage you do nothing but troll this message board all day seeking attention like a little child.

Fact is the moderation is very slack on this site. There is no way in hell a Clemson fan would be allowed to spread the bull #### and filth you spread over here on any of the uSC boards.

I for one and sick and tired of losers like you who have nothing better to do than post BS on a Clemson message board.

null

Feb 6, 2014, 10:33 AM

Lol....well then....I come here once a week and I put up with Clemson fans on our boards all the time. I like hearing the other side of a conversation. You have a choice not to respond to me and I have not spread anything close to bull$%&t or filth. If you don't agree then it's just that. The facts have stood in the way of many people.

Feb 6, 2014, 1:27 PM

You just might be the biggest Coot loser Monroenc on this site, so you have that going for you… Congrats

Re: Re: FGF is a hoot

Feb 6, 2014, 8:00 PM [ in reply to Re: FGF is a hoot ]

Well you did pretty much call the OP a liar. Not those exact words but you know.

But then turn around and claim not to bash opposing fans lmao

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Typical coot idiot

Feb 6, 2014, 9:58 AM [ in reply to Re: FGF is a hoot ]

Don't ever argue with those typical coot idiots, they will bring you down to their level and beat you with their experience

44 replies to this thread and i can only see 15 of them

Feb 6, 2014, 9:13 AM

Thank you ignore button

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sounds exactly like Tigernet.***

Feb 6, 2014, 9:22 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GIVE A HOOT! DON"T COOT!!!!

Feb 6, 2014, 9:24 AM

just can't bring myself to be subjected to the idiocy on their boards...

i mean, listen to the crap they say on OUR boards already!
i don't want to get some form of morning sickness this AM ;)

Really, man?

Feb 6, 2014, 10:26 AM

Get this garbage outta here! If I cared about FGF at all or what any of the morons over there had to say, I would go look myself. This is Tigernet.

Replies: 73
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic