Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Hey, 1988, time to get out of those slow diesels.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

Hey, 1988, time to get out of those slow diesels.

Feb 11, 2019, 6:31 PM

This is a stone cold bargain for someone who is comfortable working on cars themselves.

https://ventura.craigslist.org/ctd/d/thousand-oaks-2003-mercedes-benz-cl55/6798764751.html

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hey, 1988, time to get out of those slow diesels.

Feb 11, 2019, 7:43 PM

If I was going to buy a truck, this would be it, no question. My wife's cousin has one and its about as badarse as you get with the new trucks. Showed better than the others at the car show as well.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

that’s the old model isn’t it?

Feb 11, 2019, 7:47 PM

I like the interiors on the new one but they chickified the exterior a bit.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

and I could be off base

Feb 11, 2019, 7:48 PM

Not sure if they’ve changed the 2500+ exteriors yet or not.

Re: and I could be off base

Feb 11, 2019, 9:42 PM

Disclaimer though, I despise GM products and Ford isn’t much higher on my list. My FIL was an FCA guy and all I have driven is Wranglers and my wife Grand Cherokees. Never an issue. Everyone I know with a 1500 or 2500 something rattles from day one ad issues abound.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FCA is a steaming pile compared to pre-FCA

Feb 11, 2019, 10:53 PM

You've been lucky.

There is a reason FCA owns all the worst brands.

Hell, the new Wrangler did even have the trac-bar mounts welded on. They were tacked on and FCA saw no issue.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My Ram has been great, despite the one cam issue

Feb 12, 2019, 8:01 AM [ in reply to Re: and I could be off base ]

I blame that on the government though. If we could just let a V8 be a V8, there wouldn't be any problems.

I'll never buy another Jeep in my life though. Our last Cherokee was a total POS. Not even safe to drive. They've got a beautiful orange Wrangler in Anderson, but they're asking about $15k more than I'd ever pay for one.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: that’s the old model isn’t it?

Feb 11, 2019, 9:41 PM [ in reply to that’s the old model isn’t it? ]

This is the 2018

Re: Hey, 1988, time to get out of those slow diesels.

Feb 11, 2019, 8:09 PM

https://youtube.com/watch?v=5Ha-ZsGxCb8

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The road goes on forever and the party never ends...

My SD is like me.

Feb 11, 2019, 9:09 PM

It's built for comfort not speed.

While I have you here, I left the gasser's differential and attached the diesel shaft by changing the diff yoke. Ever work with NCm? Anyway, according to the charts at 2700 RPM with 15" 225-75s I cruise at 112 MPH probably somewhere around 2600. The diesel body had a 307 and the gasser had the 241.

I plan on staying under or about 95 on the highway. That's enough to get me locked up, right?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You just welded a different yoke onto the driveshaft?

Feb 12, 2019, 10:50 AM

How in the world is it balanced?

Very carefully***

Feb 12, 2019, 11:09 AM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

Without starting another thread, here's another question for

Feb 12, 2019, 8:32 AM

you: What gives with Nissan Armada's? Why so cheap? There are some nice 17's on the market now for a whole lot less than you can get a 6 year old Tahoe. My last experience with Nissan was poor, but these seem like a diamond in the rough in a world where Lexus's do not depreciate, Toyota's haven't been updated in 20 years, and you can count on major repairs to any GM with close to 100k miles.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I helped Dad of procure one last summer. It was

Feb 12, 2019, 9:25 AM

a 2018 SL with basically all the Platinum options, and we got it for a tick over $40k with a factory certified warranty.

Three months later he called me to tell me that he'd traded it on a Suburban because he didn't think the seat was very comfortable. He was correct about the seat, but still, facepalm.

Try it out....if you're comfortable with it, I don't see how you can go wrong. It's almost identical to the QX80---they don't even cheap down the interior, and that means it's the Nissan Patrol in the rest of the world, so it's built to more of a landcruiser standard than the rest of the Nissan lineup.

They're the bargain of the full-size SUV world at the moment.

How is the 5.6L in it?

Feb 12, 2019, 9:40 AM

I would rather have an uncomfortable seat than a 5.3L in a Suburban.

I don't have to drive it every day, but my wife likes a little get up and go too.

YEAH SHE DOES

Feb 12, 2019, 9:44 AM

i don't even know what I mean by that.

sorry.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Honestly that might have been the best part.

Feb 12, 2019, 10:47 AM [ in reply to How is the 5.6L in it? ]

390hp and it was really quick...sounded good too.

Handled a lot better (relatively speaking of course) than the full size GM SUV's as well.

Honestly only downsides were the seats and you could brew and drink a cup of coffee in the time it took the power third row to go down or up.

I've noticed the seat issue on other Nissan/Infiniti products that were designed first and foremost for the home market. I traded in a G37S because that freaking sport seat wouldn't have been comfortable if I had a 28 inch waist. I was in great shape when I owned it (aka not fat), and still my ### cheeks were sitting on top of the sport seat bolsters rather than inside them.

On the Armada, the issue is the seat bottom isn't long enough....not enough thigh support.

it's like you're up in my head - I have wondered the same.

Feb 12, 2019, 10:12 AM [ in reply to Without starting another thread, here's another question for ]

the styling isn't great, but better than a new Land Cruiser and it's a Nissan, but still...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I really like the new Armada look.

Feb 12, 2019, 11:17 AM

I thought the 2016 and older Armada was a beastly looking vehicle, but the new one (like the QX56/80) is very nice. I have read in numerous reviews that it's one of those love it or hate it designs. It's one of the vehicles I've been looking at, along with the Lexus GX460/470, and the Toyota 4Runner. I do wonder about their overall reliability...guess I need to dig out all the old Consumer Reports car issues I've kept for 20 years now and study that.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My sister bought a Rogue a few months ago

Feb 12, 2019, 11:43 AM [ in reply to Without starting another thread, here's another question for ]

She drove it off the lot, plugged her phone into the charger to charge, and all the fuses for the interior blew out. She turned around, took it back and they gave her a loaner car for the night.

3 days later, they called her back and said it was fixed. She goes and picks it up, does the exact same thing in the service bay, and all the fuses blow out again.

2 hours later they gave her a new car.

Nissan has been having electrical issues with cars as long as I can remember. I'm not sure why they cant get that figured out.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The body mounts on my Frontier broke

Feb 12, 2019, 10:38 AM

I don't even know how that happens.

I think they should go out of business for what they've done to the Pathfinder, but real SUV's are getting harder and harder to find. Especially for a reasonable price. If the 4Runner had a V8 that would probably be the way to go.

I can't figure out why they don't put a V8 in them any more.

Feb 12, 2019, 11:06 AM

They're bigger and heavier than the model I have, with less hp and torque.

Makes no sense.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Government mandate to get aggregate fuel mileage for the

Feb 12, 2019, 11:18 AM

entire brand to a certain point, I would guess.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic