Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Two Tigers listed as defensive starters for Falcons
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

FB Update: Two Tigers listed as defensive starters for Falcons

Sep 8, 2016, 8:55 AM

Two Tigers listed as defensive starters for Falcons

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Two Tigers listed as defensive starters for Falcons

Sep 8, 2016, 9:21 AM

Here in Atlanta, the fans and radio guys love them some Grady Garrett. The natives are somewhat restless when it comes to Vic Beasley. He has not generated the pass rush they were hoping for and although there is some hope with this new move to LB he will be more Von Miller-ish, patience is running thin.

I live in the ATL but am a lifelong Giants fan. I root for my Tigers in the NFL especially if they are playing where I live. I hope Vic learns some additional moves playing with Dwight Freeney. Time will tell, but they are crucifying him on the radio right now. Some even already calling him a bust which IMO is not really fair considering he has performed as well or better than everyone taken that year at his position. The only ones I can think of that have done better are Shaq Thompson in Carolina and Leonard Williams with Jets. Neither had more sacks but a lot more tackles.

I think in a couple years he'll be just fine. Vic is a quick twitch monster that will get better as he refines his technique. It's painful hearing the "sports hacks" in ATL rip him up on the radio though.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 8, 2016, 9:36 AM

Inevitably, Vic needs another 20lbs on him. It's odd that the locals in Atlanta have an issue with 26 tackles, two forced fumbles, an interception, and four sacks for anyone's rookie campaign though... Considering Grady got 24 tackles and 1 sack. But I still attest that Vic needs more weight. He has the speed and I think his technique is actually quite sound, it's just hard to blow through an NFL tackle like he did in college (most of these guys have 60-80lbs on him). Yet and still, his numbers aren't atrocious. Like I've said many times people, I wish they'd have him standing up full-time. Leave the "hand-in-the-dirt" for those 275lb and up; the trenches in the NFL aren't open-arms welcoming for a shredded, speedy 245lber. A "linebacker" in the Falcons system is far more hybrid than what a classic linebacker would be. He spent 3/4 of his time in a 3 point stance last season! Hope his shoulder is feeling better also... That doesn't help matters.

B52, what do you think about BJ on the G-Men so far? Before his concussion he was leading the team in tackles preseason (despite never getting the starting spot). Pretty incredible. I personally cannot wait to watch him this year!

Go Tigers! Go Giants!

Weird comparison considering Vic had double the snaps

Sep 8, 2016, 3:45 PM

that Grady did last year and plays a different position. And I'll point out the obvious that fans are restless because Vic is a top ten pick and Grady is a 5th rounder, of course they expect more.

Not really sure what to think about Vic, I was worried when the Falcons drafted him that he would flounder being out of position, I think he would do so much better as a 3/4 OLB similar to what Aldon Smith was doing in SF before his issues.

I'm not bailing on Vic yet but it's looking grim, he looked pretty bad in the preseason and I didn't see his pass rushing production getting better.

exactly, he is more of a 3-4 OLB...

Sep 8, 2016, 3:57 PM

But don't be surprised to see Vic become good at 4-3 OLB he has the athletic ability. If Falcon fans want to complain, they should complain about there management picking a player that many teams had pegged as a 3-4 OLB while they switched to 4-3. Also, they can complain about their coach giving less and less snaps for Vic as the season went along, he can't get sacks sitting on the bench watching a marginal player getting to play over him.

4-3 LB's don't rush the QB a lot, so they don't get as many sacks***

Sep 8, 2016, 4:04 PM [ in reply to Weird comparison considering Vic had double the snaps ]

he needs to be a 3-4 OLB, the Falcons coach...

Sep 8, 2016, 4:02 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Two Tigers listed as defensive starters for Falcons ]

thought he could make Vic another Bruce Irvin whom he coached in Seattle as DC. Problem with that is Irvin is the only successful undersized DE in the NFL.

Sep 8, 2016, 9:12 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Two Tigers listed as defensive starters for Falcons ]

I think BJ will end up as one of the real steals of the draft. He is a ball hawk that has the FB IQ to man the middle with authority. Sheppard is consistent but sometimes takes bad angles at the edge and over pursues. BJ will see the field a lot this year if he is healthy and I for one am stoked to see a Tiger in Blue!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

most of those hacks are Georgia Bulldog fans***

Sep 8, 2016, 4:05 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Two Tigers listed as defensive starters for Falcons ]

Big fan of Grady Jarrett--just starting what will

Sep 8, 2016, 4:01 PM

undoubtedly be a sterling NFL career.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'd rather play for Clemson than the Falcons lol***

Sep 8, 2016, 5:05 PM

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic