Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Throwback Thursday: 1989 ESPN Interview with Frank Howard
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1,113

FB Update: Throwback Thursday: 1989 ESPN Interview with Frank Howard

Apr 24, 2014, 10:09 AM

Throwback Thursday: 1989 ESPN Interview with Frank Howard

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Throwback Thursday: 1989 ESPN Interview with Frank Howard

Apr 24, 2014, 11:13 AM

The thought of that heathen breaking a piece of Frank's Rock, it still boils the orange blood in my veins as much today as it did the day it was found broken. A life is something you can't give back after you take it. And the punishment for that crime is life or death. Micah Rogers and Alden James Gainey have taken and destroyed an important part of Clemson history and tradition that they can't give back or repair to its natural state. The both of them should have to serve a 5 year jail sentence, and a $50,000.00 dollar fine each. Old man Rodgers should have to pay a $50,000.00 dollar fine for lying and interfering with the investigation of the crime. They thought that it was funny and cool when they committed the crime, and they should be punished severely enough that they never have the feeling of the crime being funny or cool ever again. Even though there was a valued price put on Howard's Rock, it was no where close to the in valued worth it was/is to Tiger Nation. Just my 2cents worth of opinion!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Throwback Thursday: 1989 ESPN Interview with Frank Howard

Apr 24, 2014, 3:27 PM
Untitled.tiff(190.2 K)

Look at the clip about half through. When it show the football. Signifying, Frank Howard's 100th victory, dated Sept. 27, 1958. Under date is "Death Valley". Showing solid proof that Memorial Coliseum in Clemson was know as "Death Valley" at least as early as that. What say you, LSU.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can you image a HC today making weight on the sled?! ***

Apr 24, 2014, 3:31 PM

GoTiGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Can you image a HC today making weight on the sled?! ***

Apr 24, 2014, 4:23 PM

Coach Howard is, and will always be, synonymous with Clemson University! Some people forget that his teams won 6 ACC titles in 12 years between 1956-1967. Frank Howard was the best! He was one of the most underrated coaches in NCAA history. I've always thought it humorous that "Howard's Rock" was only a door stop for a couple of years until he decided to throw it away. Only Coach Howard could take something that worthless and turn it into an institutional icon. That says a lot about the man, his vision, and his abilities of persuasion. Also, what he said about the Clemson-Carolina game used to be so true for most Tiger fans: "If you win that game, you've had a good season. If you don't, nothing else you did matters!" RIP Coach Howard.....gone but never forgotten!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 1,113
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic