Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Swinney updates injury status of Kevin Dodd
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

FB Update: Swinney updates injury status of Kevin Dodd

Oct 25, 2015, 6:19 PM

Swinney updates injury status of Kevin Dodd

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Swinney updates injury status of Kevin Dodd

Oct 25, 2015, 6:23 PM

I've had that. it hurts when you're not warmed up. Once you are moving you're fine. I'm sure they have better ways to treat it for athletes. I got cortisone shots in it which hurt like heck at the time but later made it feel fines

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm battling it now. Had it since April.

Oct 25, 2015, 6:27 PM

Hurts like h3ll when you step out of bed but gets better through the day.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Shoe inserts solved mine. Look for

Oct 25, 2015, 6:31 PM

Ones that specifically target it.

Re: Shoe inserts solved mine. Look for

Oct 25, 2015, 9:32 PM

the inserts helped mine too... do not know if that or the stretching of the foot fixed it....

Re: Shoe inserts solved mine. Look for

Oct 26, 2015, 7:15 AM [ in reply to Shoe inserts solved mine. Look for ]

a shot in the heel made mine disappear in seconds. it is a terrible feeling

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Treatment that works

Oct 26, 2015, 10:17 AM

Had it myself as did my wife. Got this suggestion from an ex-NFLer and, strange as it sounds, it doe work. Roll a tennis ball under your heel whenever you're sitting around watching t.v., reading, whatever. Takes a couple days but you will start to feel relief pretty quickly. Then you just make it a habit to stay with it.

Don't step out of bed until you stretch it ...

Oct 25, 2015, 8:38 PM [ in reply to I'm battling it now. Had it since April. ]

keep a towel beside the bed. Before you get out of bed use the towel to pull the front of the foot up to stretch it out.

Re: I'm battling it now. Had it since April.

Oct 25, 2015, 9:07 PM [ in reply to I'm battling it now. Had it since April. ]

Tigerhawk, I have had that reoccuring on and off for about 20 years. My heals would hurt so bad when I would first get up to walk, I would have to walk on the front of my feet or the pain was screaming out in pain. Doctors kept telling me to try this and that sneakers with so and so incerts to no relief. The best sneaker I have found that really helps is the high end K-Swiss walking sneaker, and those Spenco total comfort incerts, they are about $50 buck a pair. After wearing/using that combo for a while, I haven't had any problems with that heal pain in so long, I had forgoten I had the problem until I was just reading about. That combo has worked very well for me, and I've had that problem for a very long time. Now I will still feel hints of that heal pain if I walk arould with flip flops to long. High end K-Swiss, and Spenco total comfort incerts, I'm thinking will fix you right up. It did for me, and I had plantar fasciitis like I said on and off for a long time, and more on than off!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 25, 2015, 10:54 PM [ in reply to I'm battling it now. Had it since April. ]

I, too have had it. Mine got better over a short period ( after suffereing for several years with it) by changing the kind of shoes I wear. I would have to crawl to the bathroom in the mornings it hurt so bad, but it would get somewhat tolerable as the day wore on. Changing shoes really made my life better. I hope all of you who suffer with this can find relief. I hope my relief lasts (its been 10 years since I had issues that had persisted for several years). This is nothing to sneer at. It is so painful!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 26, 2009, 5:22 PM

I had a short bout with it. I got rid of it through running barefoot instead of with heavily cushioned shoes and switched to some lighter-soled shoes.

Oct 26, 2015, 8:19 AM

I do think it has a lot to do with the type sole and support and the fit of the shoes one wears. I am no podiatrist, but it was amazing that when I changes the type sole and shoes I wore, it got progressively better and went away. I feel a little tinge now and then when I wear shoes with less arch and thinner soles, but when I switch back it gets back normal. I hope it never returns like it did. It is almost unbearable in the mornings.

Oct 26, 2015, 12:25 PM [ in reply to I'm battling it now. Had it since April. ]

Hope you get well.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 25, 2015, 6:58 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Swinney updates injury status of Kevin Dodd ]

Had it before - found an amazing cure for me: drink lots of water. Works miracles!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 25, 2015, 10:56 PM

Darn! I was trying whiskey the whole time, and that didn't help at all. I'm no quitter, though. Hydration is very key, and you are absolutely right that it helps a lot.

injury status of Kevin Dodd

Oct 25, 2015, 6:27 PM

I've had that. Its painful, but a good taping makes all the difference. Gotta stretch those Bunyan's. He'll be fine I was twice his age running around on a metal floor. Need him back! NC State is the most dangerous team in college football. Only because we play them next! GO TIGERS!!!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can be very painful. My wife had it, finally got relief by

Oct 25, 2015, 6:32 PM

sleeping in a boot that pulled the foot up toward the shin, to keep that tendon stretched.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Can be very painful. My wife had it, finally got relief by

Oct 25, 2015, 6:36 PM

The boot plus the additional inserts in your shoe helps. I had it in April, May and June. It finally healed completely by August. Now I walk 5 to 10 miles a day with no problem.

I had it in both feet at diff times while at Clemson

Oct 25, 2015, 6:37 PM

it doesn't go away quickly is the biggest problem.

You can't push off the ball of the foot so it's mostly trouble for speed guys.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Had two times in heel Cortisone shot will cure it in 3 days***

Oct 25, 2015, 6:41 PM

Cortisone shots got rid of mine fast and also...

Oct 25, 2015, 7:06 PM

You can immediately get rid of it with surgery by cutting the band.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message.

Had it for two years...

Oct 25, 2015, 8:00 PM

Did cortisone shots, inserts, sleeping boots, stretching, etc with no luck.

Finally took Tumeric for two weeks and it went away.

I had that and you don't want it

Oct 25, 2015, 10:59 PM

No cortisone for me, just wore the boot at night...took about a year to go away completely.

The real problem is you compensate your gait to keep from putting weight on your heel and you end up with all sorts of other foot problems. Ingrown toenails to blisters on the opposite foot to hip and back problems. One of the most aggravating things I've ever endured.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm proud of Kevin Dodd and the work he has done. He has put

Oct 26, 2015, 6:33 AM

himself into position that when I saw the headline, I was concerned. Hope all goes well with him, he is having an outstanding year!

plantar fasciitis is no joke

Oct 26, 2015, 7:35 AM

I had a MILD case of it for several months and it was just awful. Felt like I was walking on upward-pointed knives. What finally got rid of it was a boot-type device that I wore at night--took some getting used to, but proved very helpful. Basically it just kept the tendon stretched all night by flexing my toes upward. I also have some compression bands (for lack of a better term) that I can put around my feet during the day if the pain starts to recur; they put pressure against the arches of my feet, forcing the tendons to stretch out, and it helps very fast.

I also found immediate relief from the pain thanks to a chiropractor. Unfortunately it was usually temporary relief, maybe 3-4 days, but it was amazing how fast a quick adjustment could make the fasciitis pain disappear.

I have had that Before Hurts like a mo fo to walk***

Oct 26, 2015, 12:29 PM

Oh man,

Oct 26, 2015, 2:40 PM

For minute there I thought I had gone off Tigernet and on to WEB M.D.

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic