Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Swinney updates Kelly Bryant status after Monday practice
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 37
| visibility 1

FB Update: Swinney updates Kelly Bryant status after Monday practice

Oct 23, 2017, 8:40 PM

Swinney updates Kelly Bryant status after Monday practice

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hopefully we can get such a huge lead he just plays 1half****

Oct 23, 2017, 9:04 PM

Some coot doesn't want us to have a huge lead at half*******

Oct 23, 2017, 10:48 PM

Re: Hopefully we can get such a huge lead he just plays 1half****

Oct 24, 2017, 6:34 AM [ in reply to Hopefully we can get such a huge lead he just plays 1half**** ]

That is the same recipe for disaster we used at Syracuse. Those who do not learn from their mistakes are destined to repeat them! If Bryant is less than 100%, Dabo should start either Cooper or Johnson (I prefer Johnson based on the eye test vs Wake). If the starter is unable to get points in the initial 3 possessions, go to the other (Cooper or Johnson). Evaluate at half time. If we MUST, bring in Bryant for the opening of the second half. Hopefully Bryant will be 100% by Saturday and able to go win this one! Go Dabo and Staff! Go Tigers!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Swinney updates Kelly Bryant status after Monday practice

Oct 23, 2017, 9:09 PM

Sounds like Kelly is playing. This was the same thing we heard before the Syracuse game

Oct 23, 2017, 10:01 PM

I TU'd you, because I was thinking the same thing. I hope we see a full speed ahead KB, rather than one who is just trying his best to gut it out, but who really isn't up to 100%. If the latter is the case, I'll take my chances with Hunter Bennett.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who is this Hunter Bennett you speak of and does he play for Clemson

Oct 23, 2017, 11:01 PM

Haha just messing with you

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Who is this Hunter Bennett you speak of and does he play for Clemson

Oct 24, 2017, 8:20 AM

Oops! Johnson. Never forget your Johnson.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 24, 2017, 11:44 AM

^_^ You left your Johnson out again.

Nov 1, 2017, 1:36 PM

It is a problem for some of us senior citizens.

Oct 23, 2017, 11:01 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Swinney updates Kelly Bryant status after Monday practice ]

It also seems that it was a 100% Dabo's call not to play HJ. Dabo is the Head Coach, and his calls are responsible for every win and every loss that our team has been through since Dabo became our HC. Dabo's calls has brought our Clemson Tigers to the point of being feared again, and not laughed at the way it was for 35 long years. IMO, he has many calls left to make with our proud Clemson Tiger FB team. The numbers and the stats are on Dabo's side, and as long as they remain that way, I'm personally happy with calling him our HC of our Clemson Tigers. Even after Dabo is done at Clemson, his name will be attached as the winning est head coach ever in Tiger Football!!! So as far as I'm concerned, he has earned the freedom of a few bad calls!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 24, 2017, 12:29 AM

Hope KB will be ok!

Message was edited by: MaukaTiger®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dude, where you coming up with this 'us being laughed at

Oct 24, 2017, 1:34 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Swinney updates Kelly Bryant status after Monday practice ]

for 35 long years'? That is a foolish statement. I think there have only been 4 losing seasons in that 35 years, one of 'em belonging to Dabo. You are shortchanging everybody that was affiliated with those 35 years worth of teams, even the fans who hold dearly to thousands of proud and cherished moments in those 35 years.

Oct 24, 2017, 8:27 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Swinney updates Kelly Bryant status after Monday practice ]

Dabo makes lots of great calls. He also has made some bad ones. Fortunately, not that many have been bad, but playing Kelly Bryant seems to be one he should take another look at. As far as the Cooper vs Johnson debate. All we have seen of Johnson has been very good. Much of what we have seen from Cooper has not been as good, but it's hard to compare the 2 with no more than we've seen Johnson in the games.

80-85% is not enough for a QB that relies on Running

Oct 23, 2017, 9:12 PM

Start one of the back-ups and keep KB out unless he is needed. He needs to be very close 100%

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

Re: 80-85% is not enough for a QB that relies on Running

Oct 23, 2017, 9:17 PM

They’ll be telling everyone he is 100% by Friday. All indications are he is playing

Oct 24, 2017, 1:16 PM

I think he he said his ankle was 80-85% last time they asked him, so it should be all good #freehunter

Oct 23, 2017, 9:23 PM [ in reply to 80-85% is not enough for a QB that relies on Running ]

If KB is saying 80-85% you know it's lower. Put him in shotgun, let him throw, pound the run with Feaster & ETN, and let's get a W. And for the love of all that is holy, get him out of the game if he has even the slightest limp.

Oct 23, 2017, 9:48 PM

Exactly. SLIGHTEST limp, not properly stepping into a throw, whatever - watching the rest of the game.

Yep, "slightest limp" - get him out of game!***

Oct 23, 2017, 9:51 PM [ in reply to Re: 80-85% is not enough for a QB that relies on Running ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 23, 2017, 10:12 PM [ in reply to Re: 80-85% is not enough for a QB that relies on Running ]

I'm sure GTs defense will let us do just that. No way will they blitz and chase KB to see if he can get away. No way will they table him hard if they get a chance. No way will they ignore him in the run game. 80/85% isn't good enough
to win this game. GT isn't the cuse.

Oct 23, 2017, 9:16 PM

Will we finally see a more wide open passing game instead of this boring offense?

Oct 23, 2017, 9:48 PM

Almost as boring as 34-3 over the past 3 years.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Photobucket

No downfield passing if KB cannot put pressure on ankle***

Oct 23, 2017, 9:52 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Swinney updates Kelly Bryant status after Monday practice ]

If he is truly 85% he can put pressure on it*****

Oct 23, 2017, 10:03 PM

That is what the coaches hoped before the Syracuse game.***

Oct 24, 2017, 5:38 AM

Oct 23, 2017, 9:45 PM

You remember what Forest Gump's mother said...

Ankle Injury 101

Oct 23, 2017, 10:05 PM

I trust the coaches and there must be serious drop off after KB. Ankle sprain 101 is to rest it until better or risk severely prolonging it. Coaches knew this and still payed KB so in their minds it was worth the risk. Since we are now at a point where the ankle won’t heal until after the season the coaches are now seeing what he can do with this new normal.

And this is what they thought before Cuse game and look at

Oct 24, 2017, 5:41 AM

what happened. What I like about our coaches is they learn from their mistakes, and I don't think they will repeat to "new normal".

Oct 23, 2017, 11:10 PM

85% - LOL - geez. Here we go again.

What we know about an injured KB2:
1- he won't take himself out of the game, even though he has to hobble to the sidelines
2- Coaches won't take him out until he get knocked out

If we keep making the same decisions, expecting different results, then see Mr Webster (insanity). Let's hope we make DIFFERENT decisions this week.

~this~ but I don't think the coaches will make the same

Oct 24, 2017, 5:43 AM

mistake they made in Cuse game.

Re: ~this~ but I don't think the coaches will make the same

Oct 24, 2017, 7:44 AM

We arrived at the Cuse game 90 minutes before kickoff. It was very obvious from our seats behind our sideline that KB was far from 100%. He was limping and could not cut as he warmed up. His inability to run played a huge part in his hard sack. Put in ZC or give HJ a chance. Don't risk permanent brain damage to KB. Let his ankle truly heal.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ~this~ but I don't think the coaches will make the same

Oct 24, 2017, 8:34 AM

That's exactly the risk - a permanent injury. Very dicey.

"arrived at the Cuse game 90 minutes before kickoff. It...

Oct 24, 2017, 11:40 AM [ in reply to Re: ~this~ but I don't think the coaches will make the same ]

"We arrived at the Cuse game 90 minutes before kickoff. It was very obvious from our seats behind our sideline that KB was far from 100%."

Oct 24, 2017, 8:49 AM

My opinion is we can beat Tech with all 3 QBs. I trust Dabo will also take into account the need to stay healthy for NC St the following week. Coaches know the status of our skilled players better than us and should give coach-speak updates. Trust our coaches.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

" It was very obvious from our seats behind our sideline t..

Oct 24, 2017, 11:46 AM

KPTTIGER:"We arrived at the Cuse game 90 minutes before kickoff. It was very obvious from our seats behind our sideline that KB was far from 100%. He was limping and could not cut as he warmed up. His inability to run played a huge part in his hard sack. Put in ZC or give HJ a chance. Don't risk permanent brain damage to KB. Let his ankle truly heal"

Oct 24, 2017, 12:09 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Swinney updates Kelly Bryant status after Monday practice ]

Agree 100%. I am so tired of all the coaches and doctors on tnet. Can’t wait for Saturday night to get all this behind us and PLAY BALL!!!

GO TIGERS!!!!!

Ref: Clemson (-24) over Syracuse

Oct 24, 2017, 6:45 PM

Playing immobile running QB not recommended. Paul Johnson may be disagreeable but he's not stupid. Fortunately, BV has demonstrated ability to tame P.J. offense.

Replies: 37
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic