Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: San Francisco 49ers release Ben Boulware
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

FB Update: San Francisco 49ers release Ben Boulware

Sep 12, 2017, 5:47 PM

San Francisco 49ers release Ben Boulware

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: San Francisco 49ers release Ben Boulware

Sep 12, 2017, 5:56 PM

Hope he finds a gig somewhere. A LOT of smarts and HEART but thought his size and speed would be an issue in the coverage area in NFL. Just wish you could put his heart and want in a body like clowney who lacks both. He was a great tiger and wish him the best.

Will always be

Sep 12, 2017, 6:18 PM

One of my favorites and a Tiger legend. Love to see him coach,
GO TIGER'S!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 12, 2017, 6:54 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: San Francisco 49ers release Ben Boulware ]

He'd be a natural as a pro rassler.

Sep 13, 2017, 7:46 AM

Agreed on rassler! Wonder what his stage name could be.

Sep 12, 2017, 9:40 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: San Francisco 49ers release Ben Boulware ]

If Clowney had come to Clemson, instead of settling for last place in the order of places to get an education, much less to play football, he probably would have developed into the kind of man who is looked up to for something other than just for his 40 time or how high he can jump and who is irrelevant the moment his football career is over. Usuc wants to play "Big Boy Football", but they are so out of place when it comes to that, as well as all the other things that define a man and make him into a leader in the world. For the sake of their players, I really wish they would change, but they covet what they do not have.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 12, 2017, 11:22 PM

> If Clowney had come to Clemson, instead of settling
> for last place in the order of places to get an
> education, much less to play football, he probably
> would have developed into the kind of man who is
> looked up to for something other than just for his 40
> time or how high he can jump and who is irrelevant
> the moment his football career is over. Usuc wants to
> play "Big Boy Football", but they are so out of place
> when it comes to that, as well as all the other
> things that define a man and make him into a leader
> in the world. For the sake of their players, I really
> wish they would change, but they covet what they do
> not have.

Boulware provides mental strength to any team. He may be a little slow, but by golly he's got the heart of a warrior. Clowney, no matter what else happens in his career, can't live up to that.

Venables needs a new assistant***

Sep 12, 2017, 6:05 PM

Re: Venables needs a new assistant***

Sep 12, 2017, 6:10 PM

Or a get back guy!!!!!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Venables needs a new assistant***

Sep 12, 2017, 8:36 PM

Dang beat me to it. Just imagine him suplexing coach V. That's pay per view gold.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Probably a one week job since they played CAR week 1***

Sep 12, 2017, 6:08 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If he wants to play football he needs to move to the CFL.

Sep 12, 2017, 6:10 PM

We will always love his heart and determination, but he doesn't have the physical skill set required for the NFL. The good thing is that he is a great ambassador for Clemson. I hope he can find something that makes himself happy that's not the NFL.

Liability Cola by CU_Tigers_time is now trending on Tnet.

Well there's $250 I've wasted on

Sep 12, 2017, 6:40 PM

Panthers and 49'ers Boulware jerseys.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 12, 2017, 6:52 PM

Hate to hear this! Boulware has such passion for the game! Hope he finds a home soon.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Figured they'd do that after their game with the Panthers

Sep 12, 2017, 7:42 PM

Maybe get a little inside info. Wish I was wrong

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

Sep 12, 2017, 7:49 PM

The Anderson Assassin .

Will always be ine of my fav Tigers ...and his speech after the game in January will be forever remembered and replayed .

Good Luck BB !

DB23

Measurables

Sep 12, 2017, 8:50 PM

He just doesn't have the prototypical measurables most NFL teams are looking for from a physical standpoint. Whet he lacks is size and speed, he more than makes up for in heart. I am not so surprised that he hasn't made it yet, because I think many of the people responsible for evaluation only look at ht, wt, vertical jump and 40 times, and that is very important, but Ben would be an asset to any program, were he to get a real chance.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Measurables

Sep 13, 2017, 8:17 AM

I can't figure out why teams keep signing him when they already know his "measurables" ... obviously he's not going to get any taller or faster. But, he has things that would certainly help the right team. They just need to give him a long enough look to let those qualities shine through.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I suspected this, but NE needs LBs

Sep 12, 2017, 9:12 PM

Seemed convenient that they signed him just before playing his first team. Inside info!

Sep 13, 2017, 1:23 AM

It's crazy he can't get a job on the special teams or something. He was too solid of a playing on the big stages tackling future NFL plays and actually punishing them. Good luck Ben hope you find a team.

Sep 13, 2017, 8:06 AM

It's not hard to see that they hired him only to try to gain information about the Panthers. I figured they would let him go after that game.

Come back to Clemson and start your coaching career

Sep 15, 2017, 10:56 AM

I think Boulware needs to chase his NFL dream enough to never have to look back and wonder what if, but I think his future lies in coaching. His instincts as the captain of our defense in sniffing out plays, his anticipation to be where the ball is headed, and his leadership and motivational qualities could make him one of the best defensive coaches in college football if he finds the right mentors (and who better than Venables to start with).

Also, with the head injury issues and the abuse he's already delivered and sustained in his career so far and the amount he might get on scout teams in the NFL, coaching could be a very long term career path for him and still become lucrative, especially if Lunchables keeps financing his meals!!!

I wish him the best in whichever path he chooses - better to struggle to achieve something you love than settle for something you don't.

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic