Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Maxwell reacts to the Charleston shooting
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

FB Update: Maxwell reacts to the Charleston shooting

Jun 20, 2015, 11:05 AM

Maxwell reacts to the Charleston shooting

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Maxwell reacts to the Charleston shooting

Jun 20, 2015, 12:19 PM

What the heck is he talking about it being Ok to kill African Americans and nothing be done about it? That crazy guy will be sentenced to death for sure. Black people kill each other more than all other races kill black people, no comment on that Maxwell? And look how all races come together for this, don't act like this is how everyone is because of a certain flag flying near the state house.

Jun 20, 2015, 5:39 PM

Byron should be proud of SC.HWP officer in Columbia charged with shooting
black motorist in the hip, Charleston officer charged with murder in the
shooting death of black man after a routine traffic stop.A police chief
charged with killing a black man.We take care of these things.I know
that Byron isn't blaming all white folks for this.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think you missed his point

Jun 21, 2015, 9:36 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Maxwell reacts to the Charleston shooting ]

Nothing being done doesnt necessarily mean legally. He's saying spread the love. He's telling his community to love one another. I took it he was implying that loving one another is how to start doing something. That's been the theme and the goodness that is coming from Charleston.

Re: I think you missed his point

Jun 22, 2015, 5:01 PM

Then say just that.

Jun 21, 2015, 10:52 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Maxwell reacts to the Charleston shooting ]

You have to understand why most black people are upset. They live with the stereotypes daily. Doesn't matter if the guy is a surgeon or a "thug", they live with the same stereotype. That isn't right. They have to live in a place where the Confederacy is celebrated by many. It is history and we aren't able to cover it up, it happened. They see it as a group of people who tried to keep them down being thrown into their face nearly daily. There seems to be more white on black violence lately, so I understand. It should also be that Black lives matter all the time, but I understand.

Jun 20, 2015, 1:05 PM

Well Bryon, I would like to say to you. The only way we can live on this earth in peace together, is to do it together, hand in hand as one. Over the history of this world we have have proven beyond a shadow of doubt, that it won't work peacefully divided by race or country, and rich and poor. It can't be done overnight, and it can't be done if we don't try together as one through the eyes of each other and joining hands with each other with love for each other. You say that you are in a position for your voice to be heard, that is a good thing to make it heard. But I can promise you, if it's just the black race you will speak for, you will have lost 3 quarters of your voice that could have been heard amongst us all. Speaking in a voice of race will only keep it divided, divided voices can only keep us divided as we have been for hundreds of years. The United States of America is the melting pot of all races, and until we learn to speak as one race, the American race, we will always be a country divided. As a divided country we will never be a country with one voice, and we will never be a country in peace within our own country. As horrific as what happen at AME in Charleston was, it will be just as horrific if we don't continue to prove to the rest of our country that here in the south where blacks and whites have always been separated by race, has come together and join hands as one in love, peace, and sorrow. All those people that lost their life to evil would have given their life freely to see and believe their sacrifice finally join the races of the deep south together as one people. Where racism began in the south, the two races has join together to heal as one. We the people, whites and blacks has an opportunity to change a horrific tragedy into a wonderful blessing. All we have to do is turn these past days and weeks into a model to change and turn around an awful history of our past. It can happen but not overnight, but by day by day by remembering how we feel in our hearts these past few days. Remember the million man march, think of a 2,3,4, million man march of all of America's races joining hands and hearts for the same cause, Peace among all Americans joining as one people, one race, the American race!!! The only thing that can stop it from happening, the deal killer is Bigotry. Lets work to end bigotry now in America. Open your mind, open your hearts and care about one another, and bigotry dies on the vine!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All these quotes from the news and famous black people

Jun 20, 2015, 1:22 PM

are making it sound as if they think white people, in general, are responsible for the shooting in Charleston.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: All these quotes from the news and famous black people***

Jun 20, 2015, 9:27 PM

Re: All these quotes from the news and famous black people***

Jun 20, 2015, 9:28 PM [ in reply to All these quotes from the news and famous black people ]

Re: All these quotes from the news and famous black people

Jun 20, 2015, 9:33 PM [ in reply to All these quotes from the news and famous black people ]

I would have hoped that Byron would have thought through his response and articulated it a little better. I trust that his wording was a little off key. Hopefully he doesn't mean what I read.

Jun 20, 2015, 1:37 PM

He speaks his mind and he has every right to do so. He is my kind of Tiger.

Go Tigers, don't hesitate to be yourself.

Jun 20, 2015, 1:46 PM

I applaud Maxwell for speaking out & saying that coming together in love is the only way to heal this tragedy....I also understand the extreme emotion black folks are going through after some white supremacist, nut job committed this evil, cowardly act!! Let's face it, Roof is a little, skinny 120lb cowardly, uneducated redneck who committed a terrorist act against black people....so I understand the emotion black people in SC must be feeling. We must stop extremists like Roof of all colors and religions....I think the people of SC are strong enough and spiritual enough to set a great example for the rest of the country! I support Maxwell in his desire to help his people and come together with all races to stand against & prevent such cowardly acts!

Jun 20, 2015, 3:20 PM

Yes, but to TRULY help black people, and especially those that are murdered, it all starts and ends with stopping BLACK ON BLACK killing. FACT: Well over 90% of all blacks killed are due to black on black. As tragic as the 9 killed in Charleston by this little punk might be, statistically there were 9X that killed on the same day by other black people.
He didn't say it, but I hope Maxwell puts his efforts into dealing with BLACK ON BLACK.....that is, if he's truly sincere and educated on the subject.

Jun 21, 2015, 11:10 PM

As stated in my other post, you have to understand. Do Black lives matter only when interracial violence happens? They should matter all the time. We as a country also need to stop seeing it as white on black or black on white, but as murder. If we are to truly put racism behind us we need to stop with that. Instead of black people saying white on black and then white people saying but look at the other way around, we need to stop all of it.

I with you brother, we must love one another as ourselves

Jun 20, 2015, 3:27 PM

I remember as a child being told or hearing the statement that "we the white race where giving the blacks everything to make up to what happened to them through slavery" ( that we didn't do to them) It was understood if you said anything to the contrary you were a ----- lover. (Early 70's)

I grew up in a family of ministers and when I look back it breaks my heart that men of God didn't stand up and say no that's wrong. We are to love others as ourselves and to love God with all your heart, soul and mind and it is impossible to do either of those things when we don't love blind. I think we should stand up for anything to the contrary of unconditional love. If we stomp the fire out before it gets going then we don't end up with racist whether they are Black, White, brown, yellow, purple or gold.

I saw the interview with this guys friend who said he thought their was a war going on between the races. If his friend stood up and said "their isn't a race war and we are all created equally with respect and love for all races and remember their is evil in all races" then maybe this evil friend might have decided it was not the right thing to do.

The devil seeks to kill, steal and destroy. Separating us plays right in to His plan of getting us to do his work of establishing hate and the opposite of love. He wants us to take the worse person or people of a race and attach those things as a reason not to love all of them, and he wants us to see a race but in reality we are all of the human race except for the monsters that are full of hate in the human race.

I think we all could learn to love better, lift each other up better and stand together against evil and stand together against it's goal of separating the human race.

We should be All-In and use Best as our standard of Love! It's easy to love you guys because we are all Tigers but I might need to ask God to help me in Late November when we go to the Coop....lol

Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Agreed!

Jun 20, 2015, 8:48 PM

Glad you're gonna step up from your leadership position and do something about all those shootings happening in Chicago.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic