Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Gametime announced for Clemson-Wake Forest
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

FB Update: Gametime announced for Clemson-Wake Forest

Sep 25, 2017, 12:24 PM

Gametime announced for Clemson-Wake Forest

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Gametime announced for Clemson-Wake Forest

Sep 25, 2017, 12:31 PM

Was really hoping for 3:30pm

Sep 25, 2017, 12:34 PM

Is ESPN Already counting on VT beating Clemson? They have the VT game slated at 7:15, to me the premier TV slot.

Sep 25, 2017, 12:39 PM

If you read it, it's a designated game. Meaning they will wait and see how our game plays out. So we still have a shot at a night game!

If you Actually read it...

Sep 25, 2017, 12:42 PM

It says network designation. It will still be at noon.
HTH :)

Sep 25, 2017, 12:42 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Gametime announced for Clemson-Wake Forest ]

It is a noon game. Designated means which station they are going to put it on.

ESPN believes that the noon kickoff is their #2 slot

Sep 25, 2017, 1:26 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Gametime announced for Clemson-Wake Forest ]

behind primetime games only. They think that the lead in from Gameday to the 12 noon kickoff is the draw.

3:30 is their lowest priority game.

Noon and VT gets 7:15 against BC???

Sep 25, 2017, 12:36 PM

We got hosed

Sep 25, 2017, 12:43 PM

Why in the world is this not a 3:30 or prime time game given that we're No. 2 (barring an upset to VT this weekend) and Wake Forest is likely to be undefeated and coming off a win over Florida State (albeit an unranked Florida State team)?

This definitely fits the pattern with TV the last several years:

Home games at noon with the crowd late arriving (unless it's a SEC team) and road games on national TV with amped up crowds and College Game Day to make it as difficult as possible to win.

If we somehow find a way to win out this season, we will have EARNED our place in the playoffs given how much of a disadvantage we've been dealt this year with our schedule.

And don't get me started with NC State's and Louisville's conference schedules. Neither of them play VT, GT or Miami. The ACC offices are working really hard to make sure that we don't make it back to the championship game.

MT

Sep 25, 2017, 12:54 PM

I think you're overthinking things, honestly. Clemson is a great draw for TV right now. We are going to play a lot of night games and College Gameday-type games because people apparently want to see us play. Who I can almost guarantee the players don't care what the start time or game atmosphere looks like on the road.

Did you just start following college football this season?

Sep 25, 2017, 1:52 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Gametime announced for Clemson-Wake Forest ]

I can't believe I'm about to stick up for the conference and ESPN, but here goes...

We will have been on college Gameday twice in five weeks and could have easily been three (Auburn). No other team has had as much attention as us this season. They can't have us on the prime spot every week as there are 128 college football teams in the country. Some of them are pretty good I hear and some people across the country probably want to watch them as well.

The last time I checked, Wake Forest is a good team. However, they draw a limited TV audience and their national sexiness rating is hovering between "Homely" and "She'll Do".

If there was a disadvantage with TV times in a season, check out last year's schedule. We played almost every away game at night. And we did pretty well with a piece of hardware to show for it.

The ACC does not cherry pick who plays who each season. They aren't favoring Louisville and NC State. The cross division game schedule was determined in 2013 (https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2013/6/4/4395566/acc-football-schedule-rivalries-crossover). Do you think that the ACC planned to give NC State and Louisville in 2017 because they knew which Coastal teams were going to be good? Hell, I don't even know who is good in the Coastal this year, much less any other year.

The ACC has benefited more than they ever imagined by us winning the title last season. They are definitely not doing things to intentionally hurt their only bell cow now that FSU is having problems.

Re: Did you just start following college football this season?

Sep 25, 2017, 4:27 PM

I'd say you got it about right. Besides, no matter the time, the fans'll be there and we'll beat the Deacs.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 25, 2017, 2:16 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Gametime announced for Clemson-Wake Forest ]

Hahaha. They all just hate clemson so bad don't they? Everyone is out to get clemson hahaha.

Sep 25, 2017, 2:17 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Gametime announced for Clemson-Wake Forest ]

Hahaha. They all just hate clemson so bad don't they? Everyone is out to get clemson hahaha.

Sep 25, 2017, 7:00 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Gametime announced for Clemson-Wake Forest ]

I believe it's ESECPN doing all they can to put our away games aa night games, and all of our home games as close to noon as they can with the exception of the Auburn game that they believed would beat Clemson no matter where or what time. They actually believed that we would go through growing pains with KB no less than half the season. Now they are going to adjust our game times after being wrong about KB!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We get the nooner because we play a short week, Syracuse is

Sep 25, 2017, 12:46 PM

the following Friday night

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Russia hacked the ACC computers &

Sep 25, 2017, 12:50 PM

swung the vote**

Sep 25, 2017, 12:51 PM

Every game we've played has been on ESPN, that is great for our brand. I don't care if we kick off at 11 am or 11 pm or somewhere in between.

Homecoming Game should be at 3:30

Sep 25, 2017, 12:51 PM

That is the only time constraint I have every season.

Clemson agreed to the time change at L'ville...Should have

Sep 25, 2017, 1:07 PM

leveraged for a better HOMECOMING kick off time.

The alumni returning and the students who worked on the floats deserve better, allowing time for all to enjoy a great tailgate, enjoy the floats, and AFTERNOON in the Valley...

Pathetic.

Enjoy the tailgate and floats after game.***

Sep 25, 2017, 1:23 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

True, but traffic for noon Homecoming game is a bear...

Sep 25, 2017, 1:48 PM

That's why I'll be set up by 8AM.

Re: True, but traffic for noon Homecoming game is a bear...

Sep 25, 2017, 2:58 PM

Same here. Set up by 8 AM and enjoying the evening after the game around the grill in Jervey Meadows. Life is good ??.

Sure would love for them to change the time!

Sep 25, 2017, 5:11 PM

3:30 is ideal!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sure would love for them to change the time!

Sep 25, 2017, 5:17 PM

It's ain't called Tobacco Road for nothing!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic