Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: ESPN analyst projects Watson's NFL potential
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

FB Update: ESPN analyst projects Watson's NFL potential

Dec 9, 2015, 2:40 PM

ESPN analyst projects Watson's NFL potential

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: ESPN analyst projects Watson's NFL potential

Dec 9, 2015, 2:46 PM

Well, I for one think Deshaun should listen closely to this valuable opinion. Staying two more years sounds just fine to me;)

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 9, 2015, 2:52 PM

I agree, but unfortunately with Mike Williams staying I think people notice next year how good Deshaun is and he goes 1st round.

Dec 9, 2015, 4:41 PM

I agree. There's no way he isn't a first rounder barring serious injury. With the talent we have returning he is set up to put up gaudy stats and with his character and work effort, he will continue to develop. He's gonna be someone's future at QB in the NFL.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 9, 2015, 9:36 PM

Just sit back and watch and enjoy Deshaun rewriting the record books, but doing it according to the rules and living up to the highest of standards. No stealing of crablegs, nor TV's for this young man.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 9, 2015, 2:50 PM

Wasn't it Todd Mcshay who said DW was a 5th round pick a few day or weeks ago ?

http://www.tigernet.com/update/player/ESPN-draft-experts-discuss-Watson-NFL-prospect-21452

Dec 9, 2015, 2:52 PM

Yeah he was, he must have actually watched a game.

Dec 9, 2015, 2:57 PM

That may have been his most intelligent assessment ever. That was...remarkable...cogent, even! :)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 9, 2015, 3:00 PM

He makes a very valid point on the success/failure rate as far as QBs leaving early compared to QBs staying that extra year.

Dec 9, 2015, 9:39 PM

On that I will agree, a little. QB is the one position that rarely is not helped by that extra year of maturity.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep, he's a clown. Last week he said DW was a day 3

Dec 9, 2015, 3:12 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: ESPN analyst projects Watson's NFL potential ]

5th to 7th round prospect. Of course some REAL NFL scouts had already said that Watson could project as a 1st round pick solely based on his passing ability.

Of course any QB that isn't 6-4 or 6-5 with a howitzer and already playing in a pro-style offense will get heavily scrutinized and isn't likely to get drafted highly solely on potential. Watson will need to prove himself on the field.

Re: Yep, he's a clown. Last week he said DW was a day 3

Dec 9, 2015, 4:19 PM

Yes and as much as I will hate to see DW4 leave next year I will personally cook the crow for mcshay to eat when DW4 goes first pick.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yep, he's a clown. Last week he said DW was a day 3

Dec 9, 2015, 9:40 PM

I will be glad to kill some of them for you.

Yep, he is dumber than a box of rocks. The NFL guys make

Dec 9, 2015, 5:45 PM [ in reply to Yep, he's a clown. Last week he said DW was a day 3 ]

fun of how wrong he always is with his projections

He is also terrible in making game day picks. Whatever ESPN is paying him is highway robbery.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yep, he is dumber than a box of rocks. The NFL guys make

Dec 9, 2015, 9:41 PM

I tell you, he must have pictures of somebody with somebody's minor child.

Dec 9, 2015, 9:37 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: ESPN analyst projects Watson's NFL potential ]

The guy must have some pictures of his boss. No way a moron like him could get a real job.

Dec 9, 2015, 3:58 PM

If Watson doesn't project as an NFL QB, then I don't think there are any in college right now!

Dec 9, 2015, 9:43 PM

I totally agree with this post. The TU will help your %. You look like you must have PO's some of us.

Dec 9, 2015, 4:12 PM

I agree when he says that QBs should not forgo their senior season.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 9, 2015, 5:03 PM

I don't understand the "system doesn't translate" argument. There aren't a ton of teams running a true offense like Clemson's outside of maybe the Eagles, but fewer teams are running traditional "pro-style" sets now. A lot of teams are running more out of the shotgun, using more no huddle, etc.

To my knowledge, the Patriots, Eagles, Dolphins, Buccaneers, Broncos and Texans all run a version of the spread or a no huddle offense, and two of those teams will need a QB in the coming years, as well as the Patriots maybe, because who knows if Garappolo will be "the guy" after Brady retires. Watson will have to familiarize himself with the verbiage of a more traditional offense, commanding a huddle, and snapping the ball under center, but the whole "quarterbacking" thing he has down pretty good, and that's the most important part of playing quarterback.

Dec 9, 2015, 7:10 PM

Are you serious? Just a few days ago he thought he was a 5th round pick. Now this week he decided to join everyone else and say he could be 2nd or even a 1st round pick. DW is the best QB in the nation. Why are we even entertaining a guy who thought Matt Leinart was great?

Other than McShay's waffling: See 5th round earlier...

Dec 9, 2015, 7:14 PM

And my general disdain for the man, not a bad analysis...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 9, 2015, 7:15 PM

Stopped watching when I saw it was Todd McGay. Knows about as much about talent as Obama knows about being a President.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 9, 2015, 9:46 PM

Wish I could TU X 10! You nailed both.

How many more years before McShay reaches his potential?***

Dec 9, 2015, 10:31 PM

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic