Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Colin Cowherd: Will Deshaun Watson end up as the best QB in the draft?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 2,311

FB Update: Colin Cowherd: Will Deshaun Watson end up as the best QB in the draft?

Apr 26, 2017, 9:37 AM

Colin Cowherd: Will Deshaun Watson end up as the best QB in the draft?

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Colin Cowherd: Will Deshaun Watson end up as the best QB in the draft?

Apr 26, 2017, 10:41 AM

Can someone who actually watches this whole thing give me the spark notes version of what he said? I can't watch a 10min video of Cowturd. I tried but turned it off when he started talking about Matt Damon movies

He basically said that

Apr 26, 2017, 11:35 AM

NFL teams were crazy not to take DW4 as the first QB. Said Watson just wins and dominated college. Said don't tell me these other QBs are gonna be great NFL QBs when they weren't even great college QBs.

And the part about Watson is only about 3 minutes of the 10 minute video - the first three minutes and then you're done.

Srsly he better hope his car never breaks down in Clemson

Apr 26, 2017, 11:32 AM

He is going out of his way to make enemies.

Next time, vote Jabba like you're supposed to.

Re: FB Update: Colin Cowherd: Will Deshaun Watson end up as the best QB in the draft?

Apr 26, 2017, 2:07 PM

I do not like Colin Cowherd but, just bc you don't like someone for what ever the reasons are. They have just as good a chance of being right as anyone else does, and when it comes to DW4's talent and abilities, Cowherd hits the nail flush on the head. DW4 won everything he could win HS starting as a freshman, he did the exact same thing in college playing at the D1 level as a freshman playing against the best traditional power house teams in college FB. He did it against the teams that were predicted to be better than Clemson, and they were predicted to win the playoff games against Clemson. Then he was given no chance to win the NC against Bama both games. The know it all's predicted blow outs in both games. Bama barely got by in game 1, and barely lost game 2 but, they were expect to just run over DW4 and Clemson in the NCG 2 bc they was suppose to have the very best #1 defense hands down in college FB. DW4 was the best QB in HS, he was the best QB in college, and he will become the best QB in the NFL!!!

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Colin Cowherd Basically Said to Pick Deshaun Watson First ..

Apr 26, 2017, 2:10 PM

... because he dominated college and he's a winner. He DID, and he IS! And on top of all that success, he has remained humble and grounded. If I'm an NFL owner or coach, THAT is the type of player I not only want on my team, but especially as a leader.

Going back to all the "Naysayer Analysts" and all the nitpicking ... and quoting Shakespeare's Hamlet ... "Methinks thou doth protest too much!"

I've never seen anyone's qualities/attributes nitpicked as much I have seen Deshaun's. Just wondering out loud whether they either don't like someone with great Faith being on top and succeeding, or perhaps maybe they get some sort of "favors" from some team with later first round picks in the draft if he falls to them.

I'm reminded of the DeAndre Hopkins situation when, right before the draft, someone "allegedly" ransacked his room and all indications pointed to him. Of course, it was a false flag and no one believed it in the end. As a Clemson fan, I never would believe that he did that and, luckily, Jamie Rootes, President of the Houston Texans didn't believe it either.

After all, Jamie (fellow Clemson Soccer Player) and National Champion in Soccer at Clemson, knows all about Clemson and our culture and I'm sure, if he needed to, would have called up Dabo or any of the other coaches to verify DeAndre's character.

But we all know .. a Clemson Man needs no introduction!!

I believe Deshaun will be the first quarterback selected and will have a great Pro career ... just like he did at Clemson ... Good Luck Deshaun! Go Tigers!!!

Re: Colin Cowherd Basically Said to Pick Deshaun Watson First ..

Apr 26, 2017, 8:23 PM

"I've never seen anyone's qualities/attributes nitpicked as much I have seen Deshaun's."

I think top QBs in the draft often are nitpicked. Not the Andrew Lucks of the world but very few project as sure bets.

I give you Tim Tebow who - while the ultimate winner in HS and college - was the most nitpicked QB prospect of all time.

I think DW will at a minimum be a career above average QB and a +10 year starter. At a minimum. I just don't think he is getting picked apart more than any other top QB's in recent memory.

Also, I don't remember reading that the hotel poop scandal with Hopkins was false. If so, that is good. Retractions never seem to make front page news.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 2,311
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic