Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Cole Stoudt tweets about his final Clemson game
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

FB Update: Cole Stoudt tweets about his final Clemson game

Dec 30, 2014, 10:49 AM

Cole Stoudt tweets about his final Clemson game

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Magnificent game and tough play from Stoudt in his finale.

Dec 30, 2014, 10:54 AM

He took a number of shots (a few of which likely would have been penalties in the NFL) and kept performing at a high level. Making the right reads, taking what the defense gives him, and keeping them honest with some deep throws.

What a game. Talk about a redemption story.

Cole will go down in Clemson lore for that performance when

Dec 30, 2014, 10:56 AM

hardly anyone, including myself, believed in him. But that is why he is playing the game, and people like me are typing on keyboards from the house. The entire Clemson team will go down in Clemson lore for the ages for that very unlikely win. We were CBS lock of the week to lose.

several shots to his head should have drawn flags.

Dec 30, 2014, 10:57 AM

The boy is lucky his head is still attached this morning after a few of those helmet rips!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Photobucket

Cheap shots.***

Dec 30, 2014, 10:59 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

desperation is ugly....***

Dec 30, 2014, 11:55 AM

Re: several shots to his head should have drawn flags.

Dec 30, 2014, 11:49 AM [ in reply to several shots to his head should have drawn flags. ]

I had a lot of respect for Striker at the beginning of the season. Not anymore. That was a shameful showing from him. Should have been ejected from the game going for Stoudt's helmet time and time again.

Completely agree...

Dec 30, 2014, 12:02 PM

There were at least three hits that should have been flagged, and the one that should have ended up in Striker being ejected. Of course, it seems we can only eject players for the technicalities of "Targeting"... which most of the time is just wrong. If that hit (with his helmet being ripped off) on Cole on the TD to Hopper wasn't "targeting with the intent to cause injury", I just don't know what is.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One did draw 15 yd. facemask penalty- the worst one after

Dec 30, 2014, 2:24 PM [ in reply to several shots to his head should have drawn flags. ]

his courageous td to Hopper! What a QB performance. I think he will get some NFL tryouts now!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Way to prove all the doubters--including this one--wrong!!***

Dec 30, 2014, 10:59 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Way to prove all the doubters--including this one--wrong!!***

Dec 31, 2014, 6:58 AM

Thanks for this comment! I hope all the others who busted on a young man who played thru a very tough season with pain and lack of practice time and endured much verbal abuse from his team's "fans" will do the same.............and show as much class as Cole demonstrated throughout the year. Young man is a winner and leader in many ways and proved why it is truly a team game........thanks also to his "brothers" who had his back and all the coaches who supported him all the while during the ordeal. Clemson is indeed coming and the best is yet to come.

I feel the same way, Im not sure where my black eye came

Dec 30, 2014, 11:01 AM

from, but I think I can contribute the car thing to all the Bud Light.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not hard to figure out if you think about it.

Dec 30, 2014, 12:13 PM

Most likely when his helmet was ripped off on the TD. He had to get a new contact; most likely from a finger or two right in the eye. Cheap shot.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

With all his success, his highest salary was $25,000 a year. The president of the university, Dr. R. F. Poole, feared that professors who earned less would be upset. "He called me up and said that he didn't want me to tell anybody what I made," Howard once said. "I said: 'Doc, you don't have to worry. I'm as ashamed as you are of what you pay me.' " - Frank Howard Obituary, New York Times, 01/27/1996

Re: cmon man there's better beer out there than that***

Dec 30, 2014, 12:23 PM [ in reply to I feel the same way, Im not sure where my black eye came ]

Re: FB Update: Cole Stoudt tweets about his final Clemson game

Dec 30, 2014, 11:01 AM

Great performance in all phases of the game. Most of all decison making. This one will be talked about years from now. Be Proud ... Be VERY proud !!!!!

U proved that

Dec 30, 2014, 11:11 AM

U are a baller, tonight!! Congrats & couldn't be more deserving....thank you for your hard work & service to Clemson!! U showed the haters that you can rise above their criticism....wish more people could be like that!! Very well done, Cole!!

Way to go, Cole! Great game.***

Dec 30, 2014, 11:13 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Way to go, Cole! Great game.***

Dec 30, 2014, 4:21 PM

Great performance. Chad may have been some of the issue with Cole. Having a QB coach may have helped him more with his reads. Fantastic finish. I was a doubter as well. 40-6. Unbelievable.

how sweet it is! Congratulations Cole and thanks for ALL

Dec 30, 2014, 11:53 AM

that you have done and given to Clemson University!

Dec 30, 2014, 12:08 PM

You have every right to be happy and your parents should be very proud, your perseverance is an inspiration for all fans and athletes! Thank you for always representing Clemson with class!!!

Dec 30, 2014, 12:31 PM

Dude, I never doubted it. Never lost hope in ya! Heck of a game Cole!

PAWesome Job Cole!

Dec 30, 2014, 12:37 PM

Congrats on a great finish! Thanks for all of your hard work and dedication through the years! You are truly a Clemson Man!

Hoping Cole Stoudt has the game of his life!

Dec 30, 2014, 12:51 PM

That was my pregame social media post yesterday. My pregame posts are laboriously thought out for maximum superstitious and karma value and that's what I went with.

Couldn't be happier for Cole, for Cliff, and the whole Clemson family!

great game . great ending.

Dec 30, 2014, 4:05 PM

Yep !Cole, to me you went from zero to hero in one game. Great part is its the last one everyone will remember.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 30, 2014, 5:08 PM

What a class act Cole is as well as a great representative of Clemson-I hope the University offers him a position!

Even my wife who rarely watches football was upset about

Dec 31, 2014, 7:25 AM

the play when his helmet came off. He head hit the ground hard.

So happy he could go out on a winning note

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Made the record books!!!!

Dec 31, 2014, 7:00 PM

Cole Stoudt- I am so glad you came to Clemson! You certainly possess the characteristics of a tiger and how to be successful in life! You fought like a tiger through the negativity and continued to lead. You bleed orange! You are an over comer of adversity! As a teacher, I know my students who are Clemson tiger fans noticed!!! Others too.. As for the bowl game- it was like a dream come true and I am still not back to earth yet! MVP and the record books for you! I can't think of another person more deserving! Know many prayers went up on our behalf! Not only do you leave Clemson a man but we are better for having you here!

Dec 31, 2014, 7:38 PM

What did your Parents have to say about the Game? Bet in 30 years,
your Parents will say only one Word!
PROUD! You deserved and earned!
Thanks from a old Grad # 36920,
Class of 70

Jan 1, 2015, 2:05 PM

I have nothing but total respect for Cole Stoudt. He has been nothing but a class act from the first day he arrived in Clemson.
Please know, the people who booed you are not Clemson People. I apologize for their ignorance.
I wish only the best for you and your family. God bless.

Jan 2, 2015, 11:35 AM

Congratulations on your MVP award and for bringing home a win. Thank you for your example of perseverance and the example you set for all young people! You are a true Clemson gentleman! Stay classy and best of luck in all of your future endeavors. Please come back to visit often! Go Tigers!

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic