Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Clemson ranked in Top 5 of ESPN's 2016 Way-Too-Early Top 25
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 50
| visibility 1

FB Update: Clemson ranked in Top 5 of ESPN's 2016 Way-Too-Early Top 25

Feb 9, 2016, 10:35 AM

Clemson ranked in Top 5 of ESPN's 2016 Way-Too-Early Top 25

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Clemson ranked in Top 5 of ESPN's 2016 Way-Too-Early Top 25

Feb 9, 2016, 10:41 AM

Michigan and Baylor?COME ON MAN!

Get your facts straight ESPN. Tootie is comin back!

Feb 9, 2016, 10:46 AM

They claimed we lost all four starters in our secondary.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Facts?

Feb 9, 2016, 10:53 AM

They don't need no stinkin facts!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Gamecocks aren’t ready to take college football by storm just yet. They’re not even ready to compete in their own state – Clemson will still own the territory. Gamecocks fans would be smart to keep their heads buried until that time. Avoid talking trash to a much better Clemson program.” -Dustin Tackett

Re: Facts?

Feb 9, 2016, 1:35 PM

H&ll no, they don't pay facts any attention when they have them right in front of their face. They're to stupid to use facts when placing Clemson in the proper pecking order that we actually belonged in. When you think about it, they are the ones that put their selves in hot water by over looking, over rating the facts that Clemson wasn't quite there yet when they were claiming that Clemson was the team to beat when the facts would have told them that we didn't have the the depth yet on neither side of the ball when they were making their claims that we were ready to make a run to the top just bc we had a few players playing at an elite status and beating LSU with a few elite players and guts. It takes more than a few, it takes a team. But after they build us up and we lose, they will put our team and coaches down every chance they got to lash out at us with their poison tongues. Then when our coaches had enough of the pieces put in place to make a run, they were to ### scared to admit it, it was best for them if they just placed us on upset alert bc of their own prior claims had embarrassed them before Clemson was actually ready to make our stand as one of the elite teams in college FB. I'll admit that most of our fans was following up with the media claims that our Clemson was there, but when we would lose a game our fan base would say our team over looked this or that team we would lose to. But in all honesty we also knew that those teams were good, but not there yet. This past season was when Dabo publically said at the beginning of this year, that he had a special team that he believed they could make a run for the National Championship. We all hoped that he was right, but we had our doubts bc we had been boosted before by the media talk until we lose one. Dabo knew what our Tigers was capable of, and we did make that run to the NC game. This years team was a championship team and they proved it on the field and come up just short, but we played like a NC contender should play. And the ### media missed out on telling a good story bc they don't pay any attention to the facts, facts to them are called upset alerts. They call themselves experts that is suppose to be smarter than the average fans and failed bc the facts don't fit into what they report anymore. It's a crying ### shame that people who are suppose to be smart and could be if they would just pay attention to simple facts!!! More facts that the FB media failed at. The man that they laugh and make fun of is Dabo Swinney, and he has forgotten more about building a winning team that any of them will ever know, and as long as they're laughing and making fun of people, they're not paying any attention!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hate paragraphs too!***

Feb 10, 2016, 9:19 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not sure I could loath ESPN more.

Feb 9, 2016, 10:53 AM

"The Tigers might have to score a lot of points this coming season after their defense was decimated by early losses to the NFL draft. Seven underclassmen left early, including all four starters in the secondary."

Lost credibility when they said "all four starters" in the secondary.

Feb 9, 2016, 10:54 AM

They said the same thing last year about the defense. We'll be just fine. FSU has no QB and is losing tons people too. But ok.

Re: Lost credibility when they said "all four starters" in the secondary.

Feb 9, 2016, 5:42 PM

Agree with everything else you said, but doesn't FSU have 18 starters returning? All 11 on offense and seven on defense? At least that's what I read somewhere.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Lost credibility when they said "all four starters" in the secondary.

Feb 10, 2016, 9:41 AM

Refresh my memory, didn't we just a few months ago beat FSU, and that was after half or more of our #1 D had left for the NFL???;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FSU has that French kid coming in as a QB. He

Feb 11, 2016, 4:48 PM [ in reply to Lost credibility when they said "all four starters" in the secondary. ]

does know that this FOOTBALL not the European version
right? or should I have spelled URPing for the coot trolls.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Idk what ticks me off more

Feb 9, 2016, 10:56 AM

That we are number 5, or that LSU is #6. Wasn't their coach about to get fired during halftime of their last game?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah I know, wasn't Auburn preseason #6 last year

Feb 9, 2016, 10:21 PM

I see the same scenario for lsu

Still have that "no respect" card which Tigers play well

Feb 9, 2016, 11:02 AM

thanks ESPN!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Come on, it's never to early to disrespect Clemson, is it?

Feb 9, 2016, 11:02 AM

Each and every day as we get closer to the season, we'll magically drop in the rankings until we reach 14th or 15th. Even their total lack of respect and sheer dislike(since hate is such a harsh term) of Clemson won't let them drop us much lower than 15. We started at #2 and we aren't even a month removed from all the " grand awe and praise of how great in defeat we were"...blah, blah and blah and we've already dropped 3 spaces. I remember reading a post by someone citing all the "rationale" the pundants will use to justify our "deserved" drop...defensive depth issues, inability to keep up with FSU on the recruiting trail....I know, that is stupid but the media has no scruples when their favoritism is involved. Expect a top 15 team come August....SMH! We'll just show them, won't we?

Re: Come on, it's never to early to disrespect Clemson, is it?

Feb 9, 2016, 11:32 AM

I hate their bias as well, but there's no way we fall out of the top 10 with DW4 at the helm. Even they know that. We'll be top 8 (probably top 5) when the season starts, and will have a chance to move up early with Auburn, GT, and UL in the first 5 weeks.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All the Grand awe and respect that ESecPN showed Clemson

Feb 11, 2016, 4:54 PM [ in reply to Come on, it's never to early to disrespect Clemson, is it? ]

was for Bama not Clemson. They had to say all
those things about Clemson to make their cash
cow look even better. They will continue to
drop us in the polls slowly so no one other than
the Clemson family notices the down grade. Pure
ESecPN bull crap deep and wide.

ESPN PROVES THEY HAIGHT US!!!!!!

Feb 9, 2016, 11:16 AM

They drop us 3 whole spots from our final 2015 ranking after we lose 8 starters on defense!!!!!! That's historically UNPRECEDENTED to be DISRESPECTED that much.

Usually when teams lose 8 starters on defense they either stay put or go UP in the rankings.

Also, putting in the top 5 is humiliating!!!!! In order to be respected as an elite team, you have to be top 4!!!! WHat a sham!!!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ESPN PROVES THEY HAIGHT US!!!!!!

Feb 9, 2016, 12:29 PM

It's more that why did Michigan, FSU, and Baylor jump us. Baylor loses their entire OL, QB coming back from severe neck injury, top wideout, several defensive players; FSU loses a good bit on defense and returns most of an average offense and signed #1 (by ESPN) recruiting class; Michigan didn't have an offense and still won't, not to mention they won't beat OSU; meanwhile Clemson arguably has the best offense in the country and returns nearly everyone with some upgrades and signs a top 10 class. It doesn't make sense. I could understand going Bama, maybe OSU then Clemson but it is just stupid to have Baylor and Michigan ahead of Clemson. FSU is understandable but still not as logical as having Clemson before them.

They jumped us because of SEC bias. clearly.***

Feb 9, 2016, 12:51 PM

It's been well documented on T-Net the ESecPiN bias for years. Everything they do is to help that conference. without the ESPN the SEC would have zero national championships over the last 10 years.

Feb 9, 2016, 11:17 AM

Mr. CRUMPSTER,
They said the same thing about our defense last year.
The offense will have to score but our defense will be able to win for us as well

Feb 9, 2016, 11:35 AM

Personally I haven't lost any faith in Brent Venables myself, and I expect our D to become worthy of standing up to another championship run by mid season....

Michigan LMAO

Feb 9, 2016, 11:36 AM

This is exactly what we saw with Ole Miss. Sign the #1 recruit, and BOOM! Espn thinks that is enough to get into the top 5. What a joke

Re: Michigan LMAO

Feb 9, 2016, 1:39 PM

I think they have a thing for guys in pressed khakis

Re: Michigan LMAO

Feb 15, 2016, 10:21 AM [ in reply to Michigan LMAO ]

We do all our talking on the field, and not through ESECPN. And Dabo and our coaching staff wouldn't have it any other way. What sport blogs or TV sports has to say off the field means nothing, just spot the ball, we will do our smack talking on the field where it really counts!!!

Why didn't anyone tell me Tankersley was leaving too?!

Feb 9, 2016, 11:41 AM

Way to do your homework guys...

Help me understand Michigan over Ohio State ...

Feb 9, 2016, 11:45 AM

Best Natty odds OSU at 12-1.

Plus, they have to play @ Ohio State this year.***

Feb 9, 2016, 12:17 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Harbaugh hype - OSU should be favored***

Feb 9, 2016, 12:47 PM [ in reply to Help me understand Michigan over Ohio State ... ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Does Harbaugh not deserve credit? Look at his resume.

Feb 9, 2016, 1:03 PM

Stanford was a long-term joke before he got there. Then he turns them into a powerhouse in a very short amount of time. The 49ers were totally dead as a franchise. While he was there, in historically short amount of time, he took them nearly to the top. 3 NFC championship games in a row? First Super Bowl in nearly 20 years.

And in one year he made Michigan a MUCH better program than it had been for a decade.

I think the evidence points to Michigan being an elite program again for a loooong time.

Re: Help me understand Michigan over Ohio State ...

Feb 9, 2016, 5:28 PM [ in reply to Help me understand Michigan over Ohio State ... ]

ESPiN has to hype them up (old Media Darling). F$U is their favorite ACC team.

Re: Help me understand Michigan over Ohio State ...

Feb 10, 2016, 9:18 AM

There were years when they earned it. That should have no bearing on them now, however. Each year should stand on its own, and while I believe FSU will be very good, I fully expect us to win that game. They now are not better than Clemson.

This thread if full of the win:

Feb 9, 2016, 12:20 PM

We're ranked 5 but this is somehow read as disrespect even as we lose 8 defensive starters and 3 in the secondary.

Tigernet is nuts

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That didn't take long ... we'll be lucky to be Top25 by Aug.***

Feb 9, 2016, 12:21 PM

Bogus poll*

Feb 9, 2016, 3:21 PM

How did we get ahead of Oklahoma? That a first for espn

Don't look now, but

Feb 9, 2016, 12:31 PM

there's a preseason FPI linky thingy on that page too...

"You don't get control of the game when you're air-balling layups." - Brent Venables

I has the confused...

Feb 9, 2016, 12:36 PM

how does a freshman class help you immediately. One or two may play and do well, but that doesn't make a team. This is just a bunch of supposition and academic suppositories.

Re: I has the confused...

Feb 9, 2016, 1:47 PM

Academic suppositories? Do you insert those into department chairs?

2 Words: Who Cares!!***

Feb 9, 2016, 12:51 PM

Feb 9, 2016, 2:11 PM

Michigan 3???? #####??!!!!

Feb 9, 2016, 4:52 PM

Did they just reprint last years article? Did they not learn from last year? Apparently not.

And we've already dropped to...

Feb 9, 2016, 5:15 PM

#35 in the way-to-early, way-to-stupid ESPN FPI Poll.

??

But kudos to Arkansas for moving up to #2. They deserve it!

~JKB

What would the Boss say ?

Feb 9, 2016, 7:00 PM

I know. He'd say when the poll comes out in December, then we'll have Papa Johns fire up those ovens baby!

Re: What would the Boss say ?

Feb 9, 2016, 7:31 PM

I like how you think!

Re: What would the Boss say ?

Feb 9, 2016, 7:31 PM [ in reply to What would the Boss say ? ]

I like how you think!

yes our defense will be decimated once again, oh wait...

Feb 9, 2016, 8:04 PM

contrary to E$PN's wishes we still had a top ten defense

The most important thing is our guys know right now

Feb 9, 2016, 8:47 PM

They are being disrespected and they will work the off season with a huge chip on their shoulder.

When they disrespect us it backfires in their face because we have Championship leaders with great coaches an unreal talent on both sides of the ball. We will dominate on our offensive line with better talent than we have ever had on our OL, they will only get better.

We have a Heisman type RB, QB and WR(Mike Williams). Our skill players will be better than any team in the country. They real disrespected today and our coaches are telling them that ESPN thinks their are 4 teams better than them. They have seen what it takes.

Our Deep defensive line looks like a national all-star lineup, Our DE are very talented(Look how well our coaches have coached up talent. The no fly zone with Tank. Fields, Carter, Johnson, Mullen, O'daniel, Wiggins and our red-shirt freshmen and freshmen.

This team will have more of a chip than ever, so many young guys have seen the dedication it takes.

We will thrive on disrespect this year because this team has one goal that stands out bigger this time of the year and that is going back and taking what should belong to us now.

Our coaches are a great group already but they like our team have gotten better every game and Dabo lets no one slack, in fact he pushes everyone to be better.

This team will be more polished in 2016, it will have the best talent in the country on the field. It's going to be a fun ride. I know injuries can happen, and any team can be beat on a given day. we have a great shot to win our second National Championship no matter how ESPN feels about it.

Clemson is all Class and as good as it gets. Go Tigers!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

We Now Have Been To The Mountain Top

Feb 10, 2016, 9:23 AM

The valley won't be good enough anymore. This team now, not only knows how to win, it expects to win. It's an attitude that becomes a part of them. We won't be worse next year. I think we get there again, and i believe we will win.

Feb 11, 2016, 9:54 AM

Thank God! We don't want to be number one yet

Feb 12, 2016, 8:15 AM

Who cares what we're ranked right now? We have a great team and honestly a pretty easy schedule.. we gained enough respect last year from the committee to consider us elite .. and everyone Hating on Michigan? I'm definitely no Michigan fan but you seem to forget about the 3 shutouts in a row last season... yall care too much about ESPNs opinion.. be like me and just don't watch it.. stop supporting the bias.

What kind of sick chit is this?

Feb 15, 2016, 10:30 AM

Only five SEC teams in the top 25? Watdafuq?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 50
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic