Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Clemson ranked in Top 3 of 2017 rankings
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 1

FB Update: Clemson ranked in Top 3 of 2017 rankings

Jan 7, 2017, 4:06 PM

Clemson ranked in Top 3 of 2017 rankings

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Clemson ranked in Top 3 of 2017 rankings

Jan 7, 2017, 4:08 PM

I hate to burst their bubble but Tha Ohio State will NOT be any good on offense. Just sayin

Jan 7, 2017, 4:48 PM

And we're going to be world-beaters without Watson with a first-year starting QB? Come on man.....

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 8, 2017, 8:07 PM

We've got the talent coming in to get into the "reload" mode that national powers do year after year. We will miss Watson, but I believe we have the talent returning to run the ACC in 2017 and make the Playoffs again! Go Tigers!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And the trend continues of USC and Oklahoma being the most

Jan 7, 2017, 4:17 PM

over-rated teams for the past 30 years. Statistics show that if you look at the AP poll. Although Texas may be in there with them to round out the 3 most over-rated.

Don't forget Georgia

Jan 7, 2017, 5:52 PM

There isn't a team in America that has historically done less with more than UGA. Consistent underachievers!

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Re: Don't forget Georgia

Jan 7, 2017, 7:46 PM

These ranking only prove that teams aren't being ranked by what they can do, but by what their HC name is.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think USC is going to be legit next year. They have a real

Jan 8, 2017, 9:23 AM [ in reply to And the trend continues of USC and Oklahoma being the most ]

QB this time. One that could quite possibly win the Heisman next year or the year after.

Jan 7, 2017, 4:26 PM

LOL....and the disrespect CONTINUES...here's their "top 10"....The Top 10 schools in the rankings were Alabama, USC, Clemson, Ohio State, Florida State, Oklahoma, Penn State, Michigan, Washington, and Georgia. ummmmm K, Ohio State at 4? No way!, Michigan in top 10...no, of course Oklahoma in there..No favorites as usual. Oh, and where is USC playing Monday? I swear Clemson would have to run the table 10 years straight and win the Natty 10 yrs straight before they'd ever get the respect they've earned.

Jan 7, 2017, 4:30 PM

WHY are you mad? USC is going to be good next year with that QB. We love majority of our offensive studs with starting a new QB.

lose****

Jan 7, 2017, 4:31 PM

you can't be serious

Jan 7, 2017, 4:30 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Clemson ranked in Top 3 of 2017 rankings ]

Since when is top 3 getting disrespected? Especially after losing one of the best QBs college football has had recently. If anything we're overrated in this poll.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Yep, i think most neutral fans would consider us overrated

Jan 8, 2017, 9:26 AM

at #3 going into next season. I think to get that kind of respect nationally we have to prove we can replace an all-time great QB like DW4 and remain a top 5 team. Right now i would expect us to fall into the lower part of the top 10 next year.

Jan 7, 2017, 4:52 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Clemson ranked in Top 3 of 2017 rankings ]

Geez. Go find your safe space. Unless you be trollin. I hope you're just a troll.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Appropriate handle.. disrespect at #3 is laughable.***

Jan 7, 2017, 6:19 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Clemson ranked in Top 3 of 2017 rankings ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

We can radically shift the perception w/ a win Monday night !

Jan 8, 2017, 9:15 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Clemson ranked in Top 3 of 2017 rankings ]

I don't think being picked at #3 after the DW4 era is anything but a huge sign of respect for where our overall program is right now, but if we beat Alabama on the big stage tomorrow night, the respect meter will peg at "Eleven" and stay there for the foreseeable future.

Go Tigers! Beat The Tide!!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So what's your top 10? NC State, Arkansas, and Pitt?

Jan 8, 2017, 9:24 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Clemson ranked in Top 3 of 2017 rankings ]

Would love to see your rankings so i could pick them apart and laugh at them.

UGA will be a disaster next season.***

Jan 7, 2017, 4:51 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree - no rational person puts them in the top 10???

Jan 7, 2017, 5:16 PM

Go Tigers!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Will depend on Eason's development

Jan 7, 2017, 6:39 PM [ in reply to UGA will be a disaster next season.*** ]

Chubb and Michel coming back. Played a lot of young guys on defense and will be better in the trenches. Not sure Kirby is a quality HC but they have a shot at a big step up.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgtbn_110.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 7, 2017, 4:58 PM

Georgia....

Lol.

Way better than Athlon's rankings at least***

Jan 7, 2017, 5:32 PM

Jan 7, 2017, 5:37 PM

As usual these lists look like a top ten from the previous seasons finish. They really showed vision!

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I see us starting out somewhere between 5-10.***

Jan 7, 2017, 5:55 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Completely agree. Deserve 5-10.

Jan 7, 2017, 6:28 PM

Has nobody paid attention to who we're losing?

2 best WR's (I know this is a deep position. A first rounder and our best return guy)
1 starting TE
1 starting QB (ALWAYS hard to replace, remember Cole Stoudt not panning out?)
1 backup QB
1 Starting RB (relatively deep but hard to replace such a reliable diverse RB)
1 starting LB
1 starting CB (DB's are still an issue for this team)
1 starting DL
1 starting safety
1 starting punter (very under rated position, hard to replace. Renfrow is listed as our backup)
1 starting OL (OL is not our recruiting strength, Center is the most important OL)
1 starting longsnaper

That's 13 starters, over half our starters, leaving. I think we'll win 9+ because our defense will be very good but a new Center, QB, and RB all at once leaves tons of opportunity for turnovers. Not saying we can't be a playoff team next year but there have to be teams that are good and returning more.

Only Gallman and Scott are Juniors with a hope of coming back. This list excludes other Juniors that are eligible to go pro.

I'm not too worried about the defensive guys leaving.

Jan 8, 2017, 9:30 AM

We've proven we can replace those type of players and remain elite defensively. Losing all of our starting skill guys at the same time is going to be a challenge though. If we were just replacing DW4 but the new QB had experienced skill guys like Williams, Gallman, Leggett, etc around him i think we could weather that storm and be pretty #### good. But breaking in a QB along with a bunch of skill guys is going to require some growing pains. I know we will have some guys with experience (Cain, Ray Ray, Renfrow, Fuller, etc) stepping in, but there's still going to be a lot of turnover and a lot of adjustment.

Jan 7, 2017, 7:42 PM

And they have UGA with an 8-5 season, with 4-4 sec record already listed as a top 10 team. If that isn't complete sec bias BS, please tell what would be classified as sec bias BS!!! I wouldn't be the least bit shocked to see the coots ranked in the top 15 by the time next fall practice rolls around!!!

Sadly we are a 9/10 win season and a #10 finish

Jan 7, 2017, 8:30 PM

Provided we win our bowl game. #3 suggest we beat FSU and are a playoff team, I think that is optimism at its finest. We are two years removed, maybe three from the Playoffs but we will be back. BTW I hope I am sooooo wrong all of you bring this up and laugh me off of Tnet.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sadly we are a 9/10 win season and a #10 finish

Jan 8, 2017, 12:46 AM

Depends almost entirely on QB position. If Bryant is the guy they hope he is, then great. If cooper is the guy, we need to not #### around for half a year with bryant (ie, stoudt and watson).

Jan 8, 2017, 1:31 AM

Okay....i know these things are silly this early, but I am so hoping we are in the top 4 by the end of the season. The Rose Bowl and the Sugar Bowl as playoff games??? I have never been to New Orleans and dream to see the Rose Bowl parade just once. Plus the Championship game is in Atlanta!

I will just trust in this program that Coach Dabo is creating and will count on making it to the Rose and Sugar Bowls one day.

Jan 8, 2017, 1:31 AM

Okay....i know these things are silly this early, but I am so hoping we are in the top 4 by the end of the season. The Rose Bowl and the Sugar Bowl as playoff games??? I have never been to New Orleans and dream to see the Rose Bowl parade just once. Plus the Championship game is in Atlanta!

I will just trust in this program that Coach Dabo is creating and will count on making it to the Rose and Sugar Bowls one day.

Bill Bender should have his writing license suspended***

Jan 8, 2017, 7:18 AM

WHEN WE WIN TOMORROW, WE WILL BE #1 NEXT YEAR!

Jan 8, 2017, 11:12 AM

ALABAMA LOST ITS QB AND RB LIKE HALF THEIR STARTERS! WE SHOULD GET THE SAME #1 UNTIL WE GET BEAT!

GO TIGERS!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ESPiN has way too much influence over polls.

Jan 8, 2017, 12:34 PM

This season they declared the B1G as the best conference in lieu of their typical SEC chants. They and other morons in sports media will promote our return to playing the underdog card. Life's good.

Message was edited by: ClemsonTiger1988®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: WHEN WE WIN TOMORROW, WE WILL BE #1 NEXT YEAR!

Jan 8, 2017, 1:25 PM [ in reply to WHEN WE WIN TOMORROW, WE WILL BE #1 NEXT YEAR! ]

You do realize that they would not even let us be #2 this past year, even though we finished #2 last year and had not been beaten until late in the season. They use different logic for Aladama than they do for CLEMSON.

Replies: 34
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic