Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Clemson ranked #1 in Colin Cowherd's preseason Top 10
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 3,297

FB Update: Clemson ranked #1 in Colin Cowherd's preseason Top 10

Aug 1, 2016, 6:52 PM

Clemson ranked #1 in Colin Cowherd's preseason Top 10

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Clemson ranked #1 in Colin Cowherd's preseason Top 10

Aug 1, 2016, 7:19 PM

We open at Auburn, which isn't a walk over, and every SEC jock sniffer had Johnson as a Heisman candidate last year. Louisville isn't a route and their QB destroyed Texas A&M in a Bowl Game last year. Cowherd is undervaluing Clemson's she duke and is handing out backhanded compliments...per usual.

Aug 1, 2016, 7:20 PM

Schedule not she Duke.

Aug 1, 2016, 9:03 PM

About to go with a TD because of the, seemingly obvious, foreign language, but since you were astute enough to catch it and repair it, you get the TU. Nice recovery from a phantom spelling gremlin.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 1, 2016, 8:47 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Clemson ranked #1 in Colin Cowherd's preseason Top 10 ]

I agree.He took a couple shots at the ACC there and while our schedule will include several routs it's because we are going to be the best team in college football.

Aug 2, 2016, 12:06 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Clemson ranked #1 in Colin Cowherd's preseason Top 10 ]

Cowherd was credited as being a "sports personality" not an expert. They got that part right.

Why so much excitement over Tennessee?

Aug 1, 2016, 7:30 PM

I don't get it ...

Re: Why so much excitement over Tennessee?

Aug 1, 2016, 8:02 PM

Orange checkerboard patterns apparently have an hypnotic effect on sports writers.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Think they have 17 starters returning, i may be wrong

Aug 1, 2016, 8:07 PM

But I swear I read that. They had 4 losses all by 7 points or less? They blew games and can't figure out which restroom to use. Guess they feel that mistakes will be corrected. I know I read about the blown big lead to our punching bag okie. And playing bama tough.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Think they have 17 starters returning, i may be wrong

Aug 1, 2016, 9:07 PM

Yep, and I've heard similar excuses from usuc fans in past years, too. UT must show me something, before I buy and drink that Koolade.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 1, 2016, 9:05 PM [ in reply to Why so much excitement over Tennessee? ]

I don't either. All year we've heard this tripe. My gut says that Tennessee will faulter, as usual. They want to be orange, but their true color seems to be somewhat tainted yellow.

Aug 1, 2016, 10:35 PM

Peoples used to says the same about Clemson faultering eventually in a season - and Clemson would oblige. I'm talking about the annual defeats to Scar and FSU.

People kept waiting for Clemson varsity football team to put it all together and they have done so. It's not too much of a stretch to think that it is Tennessee's turn to get their ducks in a row.

On another note, I think it is just a foregon conclusion that Clemson varsity football wil face Oklahoma varsity football in the year three college football championship. I have to think Boomer Sooner is getting tired of seeing regalia and Clemson Orange.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 1, 2016, 8:02 PM

I agree with his top 10 for the most part. Not used to saying that about Cowherd.

Mchigan at #2???

Aug 1, 2016, 8:38 PM

I understand Harbaugh and his recent recruits, but really????

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Mchigan at #2???

Aug 1, 2016, 9:08 PM

I don't buy that hype, either.

Aug 2, 2016, 4:48 PM

Look at the schedule, more cupcakes on that schedule than at a 2 year
old birthday party.

Aug 2, 2016, 7:40 PM

That will play a factor in the end, but I only considered what they have accomplished lately (not much), and they always get those accolades because of past (distant past) history of being top tier elite program. I expect you are more all over it than I.

Aug 2, 2016, 4:02 PM

I don't think the Vols defense is there yet but offense is good and they have a good SEC schedule. They will win the East but don't count out Florida or Georgia. Our destiny rests on our defensive play ...we gave up WAY TOO MANY points in the Championship game ...gotta do better in big games like that.

Replies: 17
| visibility 3,297
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic