Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Clemson jumps in latest AP Poll
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 40
| visibility 1

FB Update: Clemson jumps in latest AP Poll

Oct 25, 2015, 2:06 PM

Clemson jumps in latest AP Poll

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Take that, Coaches!!***

Oct 25, 2015, 2:08 PM

Go Tigers!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Re: Take that, Coaches!!***

Oct 25, 2015, 3:49 PM

The other coaches have a vested interest in keeping Clemson out of the playoffs. Clemson is now playing like the number 1 team in the land and it scares them. The AP writers have no ulterior motives.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There we go***

Oct 25, 2015, 2:09 PM

okay. I feel better.

Oct 25, 2015, 2:12 PM

I'm still angry with the coaches.
I hope the team is angry and keeps that edge.
Go tigers!!!

Re: FB Update: Clemson jumps in latest AP Poll

Oct 25, 2015, 2:12 PM

Dabo preaches about how the rankings don't matter, but it's going to get harder and harder to keep the players down to earth while we rise in the polls!

Oct 25, 2015, 4:20 PM

If anyone can do it, it's Dabo.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work hard. Rock hard. Eat hard. Sleep hard. Grow big. Wear glasses if you need 'em - The Webb Wilder credo

Oct 25, 2015, 2:15 PM

Suck it Coaches!
I know the polls don't matter according to Dabo, but they make us fans feel better!

Oct 25, 2015, 2:16 PM

:)

Take that coaches!!! #3!!!!!!***

Oct 25, 2015, 2:17 PM

This is a good place to be...

Oct 25, 2015, 2:17 PM

It's like a race... hang around near the front till the last lap. Then explode into first and take the championship.

GO TIGERS!!

Now you're talking..more like it!!!!!!!!

Oct 25, 2015, 2:21 PM

GoTiGS..keep ROCKing~

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

NCSU

Oct 25, 2015, 2:19 PM

I think all Dabo needs to do to keep the team focused is to remind them about the last time they lost to a non-ranked team-- that would be NC State in 2011, and it was a beatdown. Stay focused tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: NCSU

Oct 25, 2015, 2:26 PM

Actually all Dabo has to do is point at FSU losing on the road to GT to push that point across as being more recent and relevant. If that doesn't get their attention...then nothing will because i'm sure FSU thought that they were going to get an easy win vs a depleted hapless GT team.

Well NC State is at home... they are 5-2 and they would love nothing more than to knock our team off. That's motivation right there to keep it pushing.

Oct 25, 2015, 3:55 PM

All teams play each other different, and I believe that FSU will play us much harder and different. But, we haven't had much of a running game past few years playing FSU. I don't know how many have watched the BC or Miami games again, but Gallman has become a pretty powerful runner. He is running lower through the hole and carrying players twice his size to make that extra 2 or 3 yards. I like our chances against FSU if everything stays as it is with injuries. I am glad it isn't next week we play them after coming off a funky loss against GT.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 25, 2015, 4:07 PM

All good points! I like where we are this year vs last year when we played FSU. Watson now has a full year of starts under his belt, Gallman is showing his muscle, Zak Brooks is healthy... and we came through the game with Thug U without any injuries!

That said, we can't beat FSU til we beat NCSU, and they've always been a thorne in our sides. Stay focused Tigers! Keep your eyes on the goal--- one game, one play at a time.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The only poll that will matter is the Playoff Committee's.

Oct 25, 2015, 2:19 PM

And the only week it actually matters is the final one. I like that we are getting recognition, and I like our match-up against anyone else at the top of the polls, but, personally, I like what one of the pundits had which was a Playoff Semifinals between Clemson and Ohio State in the Orange Bowl again. I'd like to see that match up, but, as long as we're in I'll be happy.

I should add

Oct 25, 2015, 2:21 PM

I personally think we're playing like the best team in the nation and it wouldn't surprise me to see Notre Dame creep up and possibly get in if they beat Stanford as I suspect they will.

Re: I should add

Oct 25, 2015, 3:06 PM

I wouldn't mind a Notre Dame rematch. Put to rest any doubt, plus their coach deserves another beat down. Maybe this time he could blame himself and not his players.

Bama with a #1 vote shows how much of a joke these polls

Oct 25, 2015, 2:22 PM

can be. Luckily there are enough voters to help offset the stubborn dumba$$es that keep voting for them.

Keep winning.

actually OSU dominating the #1 votes

Oct 25, 2015, 2:45 PM

is more of a travesty in my view. Body of work from them does not equate to the disparity in first place votes from other undefeated teams. One Bama homer means nothing. But, I get your point (I think) that even one vote at this stage is devoid of facts and probably borderline unethical.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgtbn_110.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Unethical?

Oct 25, 2015, 4:03 PM

Are you implying there really are ethics in journalism anymore (snicker, snicker)... LOL. Sadly, the polls are nothing but popularity contests. I think the FPI is probably closer to reality, based on the way it's set up. And, in the FPI, Clemson is #2, a single point behind OHST.

Go Tigers! Just keep winning, and the rest will take care of itself.

Re: Unethical?

Oct 25, 2015, 6:01 PM

You're referring to ESPN power rankings, not FPI. The power rankings are the rankings from 13 ESPN employees. FPI is ESPN's computer rankings and is horrendous. For example, Oklahoma is #2, USC is #5, Tennessee is #12
http://espn.go.com/college-football/statistics/teamratings

Give an idiot who is a Bummer honk a vote...

Oct 25, 2015, 4:03 PM [ in reply to Bama with a #1 vote shows how much of a joke these polls ]

Sigh...

-Tesla

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Re: Bama with a #1 vote shows how much of a joke these polls

Oct 25, 2015, 8:53 PM [ in reply to Bama with a #1 vote shows how much of a joke these polls ]

Have you watched Bama play? I hate Bama but theft are D$$m good.

That number means nothing.

Oct 25, 2015, 2:24 PM

Beat NanCy State.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

----- I guess espn wil post a " TOP 11 " teams again

Oct 25, 2015, 2:31 PM

this week ... ... ...

null

the person who gave 1 first place vote to Alabama is an

Oct 25, 2015, 2:44 PM

Absolute idiot and needs to be stripped of his voting privileges. That person is voting based on bias and zero to do with what has happened on the field of play. Stupid pundits!!

Re: the person who gave 1 first place vote to Alabama is an

Oct 25, 2015, 3:04 PM

http://collegefootball.ap.org/poll-voter/jon-wilner

Jon Wilner
San Jose (Calif.) Mercury News

Oct 25, 2015, 3:05 PM

He voted Alabama #1, Clemson #2 interestingly.

Oct 25, 2015, 4:11 PM [ in reply to the person who gave 1 first place vote to Alabama is an ]

Probably the same writer who started his article, "... Bama fought off Tennessee to preserve the win and keep it's National Championship hopes alive." Puh-lease!

Least the AP Poll's got some sense***

Oct 25, 2015, 2:57 PM

nm

Oct 25, 2015, 3:52 PM

Other coaches are biased because they know Clemson is playing like number 1 and that scares them.

Oct 25, 2015, 3:58 PM

Go Tigers! ?? Next up, Beat NC State!!!

So now we love the media?

Oct 25, 2015, 4:08 PM

Just trying to figure out who hates us.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

how the he!! Is Florida ranked above Ok State***

Oct 25, 2015, 4:17 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Setup for remainder of year

Oct 25, 2015, 4:26 PM

I like the setup. OHST has to play MICH ST, Bama has to play LSU and Auburn (yeah, I know, but it's a rivalry game), Baylor has to play TCU, ND has to play Stanford and PITT. We have to play FSU and USCjr. I like the way it's shaping up, but it's still one play at a time. If Clemson keeps playing like the #1 offense and defense played at Thug U, I like our chances... as long as Tony and Jeff don't get too conservative after getting leads...

Go Tigers!

Oct 25, 2015, 6:03 PM

Where are all the people that called Swinney a cheer leader? Some cheerleader.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson jumps in latest AP Poll

Oct 25, 2015, 6:53 PM

The number the Yahoo's give us has no meaning. The number we give NC State is what matters most. NC State want a gift like we gave Miami. Worst loss in history! That what we should dish out to them. They gave us one at death valley. RETURN THE FAVOR!!!!

Oct 25, 2015, 8:34 PM

How is it remotely possible that OSU is still #1? Has anyone checked their schedule? They nearly lost to N.Illinois.

Oct 25, 2015, 11:11 PM

For us to be 6th in the "Coach's Poll" is laughable. Is spurlid still turning in a ballot? Did the coots still get their token 1 vote? For us still to be ranked 6th in their poll sends a loud and clear message that screams they have a bias that can't be fixed, and it's based on where it leaves them in the polls (which aren't even supposed to matter, so some keep saying on here).

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 40
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic