Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Clemson drops one spot in ESPN's Way-Too-Early College Football Top 25
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

FB Update: Clemson drops one spot in ESPN's Way-Too-Early College Football Top 25

May 1, 2017, 11:12 AM

Clemson drops one spot in ESPN's Way-Too-Early College Football Top 25

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Clemson drops one spot in ESPN's Way-Too-Early College Football Top 25

May 1, 2017, 11:20 AM

Crazy that a team be predicted #1 after being shutout in their last game.

Re: FB Update: Clemson drops one spot in ESPN's Way-Too-Early College Football Top 25

May 1, 2017, 5:49 PM

No crazier than the defending national champ not being #1

If Alabama beats FSU.... they go to #1

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

May 8, 2017, 7:05 PM

Exactly,...We deserve to be #1 to start the season. We are the defending NATIONAL CHAMPIONS until somebody beats us. The fact that Ohio State that we burned for a 31-0 score and USC, and Penn State are above us is a sign of no respect. Yes, we lost a GREAT QB in DW#4 , but so did Alabama last year and they were still #1. Our defense could be better than last year, so to put USC, Penn State and Oklahoma State ahead of us ..is just plain ridiculous.

May 1, 2017, 11:22 AM

Penn St and Ok St, Ha! This makes me laugh!

Why not?

May 2, 2017, 8:23 AM

Both had good seasons. Ok St was 1 fluke away from a great season. They also have a great QB in a weak conference.
Penn St should have been in the playoffs last year. They earned it on the field instead of in the highlights or rankings.

Snowflake Basher........Out

May 1, 2017, 11:38 AM

I'm with Dabo in saying the only poll that's counts is the last one but what is the love affair every year with Ohio state, I just don't get it

Maybe bc OSU is always top 5 in recruiting...

May 1, 2017, 11:42 AM

And they have a HOF coach. That cood have something to do with it. Idk

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 1, 2017, 11:42 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Clemson drops one spot in ESPN's Way-Too-Early College Football Top 25 ]

I don't get it either. We absolutely curb stomped them in an embarrassing fashion. These so called analysts that follow college football apparently are not aware of what we have cops long back on D. 11-1 or 12-0. You won't beat us if you can't score on us!!!

3 teams we own (AL, FSU, OSU) ahead of us?

May 1, 2017, 11:47 AM

And 3 teams that are not even in the same league (Okie St, Pedophile St, and UsucSr. ?).

Is this a Joke?

What a slap in the face to The Champs.

No respect.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 1, 2017, 11:49 AM

Think yall forget we just lost the best QB to ever play.

May 1, 2017, 3:13 PM

Find the right qb and I expect us to be in the playoffs again.

May 1, 2017, 3:14 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Clemson drops one spot in ESPN's Way-Too-Early College Football Top 25 ]

Find the right qb and I expect us to be in the playoffs again.

May 1, 2017, 5:42 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Clemson drops one spot in ESPN's Way-Too-Early College Football Top 25 ]

One man didn't beat those teams by him self....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can't get this 15 seconds of my life back***

May 1, 2017, 11:59 AM

May 1, 2017, 3:00 PM

Stupid question; What happened to being number 1 til you lose? Bama, FSU and Ohio State to name a few stayed #1 til they lost in following season. GO TIGERS!!!

May 1, 2017, 5:39 PM

Good point.

My first thought on seeing this... +1.***

May 1, 2017, 6:19 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Clemson drops one spot in ESPN's Way-Too-Early College Football Top 25 ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Because that's not interesting and nobody would click on it

May 1, 2017, 6:45 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Clemson drops one spot in ESPN's Way-Too-Early College Football Top 25 ]

It's also probably not accurate. CFB teams chance a lot from one year to the next.

Can't be a real ESPN poll, only has 5 SEC teams in Top 25.

May 1, 2017, 4:38 PM

AND, has 5 ACC Teams in as well. Ether bogus, or they fired most of the SEC Homers.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Market size and share play into this plus

May 1, 2017, 4:48 PM

The media still doesn't understand the depth of the program that Dabo has built. It will become apparent to many we aren't a one and done once these teams begin to face this defense and see the offense put up numbers they never expect after Mike and Deshaun are gone.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Re: Market size and share play into this plus

May 1, 2017, 5:45 PM

Agreed. I think the coaching community, especially the S#C are scared ######## of the recruiting machine that Dabo is building.

We were #1 or #2 in all of these things last year despite

May 2, 2017, 8:07 AM [ in reply to Market size and share play into this plus ]

Clemson having a very small market. The simple answer here is that many expect us to have a fairly significant drop off on offense next year without Watson, Williams, Scott, Leggett, and Guillermo. The staff and returning players are just going to have to prove them wrong.

May 1, 2017, 5:39 PM

How many time will we have to stomp OSU in the ground before they get in!!!

Okla-dam-homa

May 2, 2017, 8:36 AM

will find a way to pull ahead of us prior to the first kick-off. And then loose to THE ohio state

Hartwell ###

May 2, 2017, 8:37 AM

Just checking the censors.

Yep. They're awake.***

May 2, 2017, 8:38 AM

May 8, 2017, 7:09 PM

No respect! Dabo make that chip on this teams shoulder a lot bigger. Let's prove these so called analysts wrong.

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic