Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Clemson continues to excel in NCAA Graduation Success rate
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 2,331

FB Update: Clemson continues to excel in NCAA Graduation Success rate

Nov 8, 2017, 4:42 PM

Clemson continues to excel in NCAA Graduation Success rate

Clemson’s athletic department again tied its school record with a 91% Graduation Success Rate in the NCAA's most recent report released Wednesday, in which data Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Clemson continues to excel in NCAA Graduation Success rate

Nov 9, 2017, 2:18 AM

Impressive again. There is still room for improvement in football. I know it's a priority with Dabo.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nearly as proud of these figures as I am

Nov 9, 2017, 2:56 AM

of the Tigers on-field exploits the last couple of years and I probably don't need to point out that #1 symbol in front of the football program's listing.

To be able to sell the academics of Clemson University to prospective recruits and their parents, one has to be able to trust the figures published by the university in their NCAA Compliance efforts--and I have complete faith that the graduation percentages portrayed by the Athletic Dept are 100% accurate and reliable and NOT the the fabulist efforts some schools like unc or a handful of SEC athletic depts would have you believe......Clemson takes great pride in the academic efforts by those depts within the AD and equal amounts of reliability in publishing those numbers simply to make the public believe a lie.

There is always work to be done and maintained in those academic efforts and I have no doubt the emphasis on the "student" aspect of "Clemson student-atheletes" remains of primary importance. Vickery Hall has long been the model for institutions of its type across the country

Thanks To all at Clemson whose job it is to make sure Clemson remains at the top of those grad rates and that those numbers are 100% reliable.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Perspective?

Nov 9, 2017, 9:18 AM

How do we stack up with other ACC and even SEC schools??

Re: Perspective?

Nov 9, 2017, 10:11 AM

Below is from the ACC web site.

ACC institutions top the rankings among their peer conferences with an average graduation rate of 91 percent.

10 of 14 ACC Football teams earned a GSR at or above the Division I average of 76. That ties for first, both in terms of percentage and in total number.

In the sport of football, the ACC remains the only conference to have multiple teams score 90 or higher every year since 2005. Duke (96), Wake Forest (93) and Boston College (90) reached that plateau this year. The ACC was the only peer conference this year with multiple teams posting GSR scores of 90 or higher. (CLEMSON at 85)

ACC Football’s average GSR of 83 ties for first.

ACC Men’s Basketball ranks first with 10 of 15 teams earning a GSR at or above the Division I average of 77. Duke and Notre Dame each achieved scores of 100.

ACC Baseball leads with 10 of 14 teams registering a GSR above the Division I average of 79, also the most among Power 5 conferences. Four ACC Baseball teams achieved GSR scores above 90 – Clemson (100), Boston College (95), Duke (95) and Notre Dame (95).

ACC Women’s Basketball ranks second with 10 of its 15 teams earning a GSR above the Division I average of 89.
Four ACC teams – Florida State, Pitt, Virginia and Wake Forest – hit the century mark in the latest report.

The Division I Board of Directors created the GSR in response to Division I college and university presidents who wanted data that more accurately reflected the mobility of college students than the federal graduation rate.

NOTE THERE ARE TWO MEASURES: THE GSR and The FEDERAL RATE:

GSR
The GSR formula removes from the rate student-athletes who leave school while academically eligible and includes student-athletes who transfer to a school after initially enrolling elsewhere. This calculation makes it a more complete and accurate look at student-athlete success.

FEDERAL RATE
The federal rate counts any student who leaves a school as an academic failure, no matter whether he or she enrolls at another school. Also, the federal rate does not recognize students who enter school as transfer students. The federal graduation rate [is the] only measure to compare student-athletes with the general student body.

Using [the Federal] measure, student-athletes graduate at a rate two percentage points higher than the general student body — 68 percent compared with 66 percent. The difference is most stark among African-American women. Student-athletes in this demographic outpace their peers in the student body by 18 percentage points — 67 percent for student-athletes compared with 49 percent for the student body.

Federal rates also provide a long-term picture of student-athlete academic achievement. The federal rate was first collected with the class that entered college in 1984, and the rate has continued to rise over the past 25 years. When rates were first collected, the general student body earned degrees at a rate higher than student-athletes.

Well done***

Nov 9, 2017, 10:31 AM

GO TIGERS!!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Replies: 5
| visibility 2,331
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic