Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Chip Kelly calls Hopkins "a star in the making"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

FB Update: Chip Kelly calls Hopkins "a star in the making"

Oct 30, 2014, 7:30 AM

Chip Kelly calls Hopkins "a star in the making"

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

best reciever ever to step out of Clemson***

Oct 30, 2014, 9:04 AM

That Sammy Watkins guy was pretty good too***

Oct 30, 2014, 9:05 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Because of one play, rod Gardner will always be my #1.***

Oct 30, 2014, 12:35 PM

His 2012 season was probably the best season ever

Oct 30, 2014, 9:17 AM [ in reply to best reciever ever to step out of Clemson*** ]

But Sammy had a slightly better career

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

In crunch time situation who would you want

Oct 30, 2014, 10:47 AM

The ball to go to? Hopkins always showed up when it mattered. Sammy had a tendency to fade in our bigger match ups that we lost. Scar and Fsu. Except the first fsu meeting when no one knew how good he was

Re: In crunch time situation who would you want

Oct 30, 2014, 10:51 AM

Didn't Sammy just catch a game winner in the NFL? I recall it was his amazing catch last year that was the only TD until garbage time.

never said Sammy wasn't any good

Oct 30, 2014, 1:23 PM

of course he can catch balls he was a phenomenal wide reciever for clemson and now in the NFL. But what tips the scale in the comparision between the two while at Clemson was the LSU game where hopkins was the only wr threat on the field b/c Sammy was out. He didn't just meet expectation but exceeded everything he and Sammy had ever done. He was routinely double and triple teamed by maybe the best secondary in teh country and wound up dominating. Sammy never did that while here at clemson. Single coverage I give Sammy the nod because he's a better athlete than nuk but when it comes to toughness, range, and hands Nuk tops any WR i have seen in orange. Now i'm 34 and was not privy to the play of Jerry Butler so I can't speak for him and i wish i had so I could accurately state that Nuk was the best. Sammy gets all the pub for Clemson which is deserved because he was great but my eyes told me that Nuk was the best of the two when it came to simply winning the battle, catching the pass, and sealing the deal. It meant just a little bit more to Nuk and thats what gave him that extra edge.

Re: best reciever ever to step out of Clemson***

Oct 30, 2014, 11:09 AM [ in reply to best reciever ever to step out of Clemson*** ]

If Scott stays healthy, I think he will set all the records... I love to watch him play.. Mr excitement every time he touches the ball, fights for every yard.... I would like to see him returning punts next year.....

Re: FB Update: Chip Kelly calls Hopkins "a star in the making"

Oct 30, 2014, 9:21 AM

That Jerry Butler guy wasn't too bad either .

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 30, 2014, 1:08 PM

Hmmm... seems like there was a guy who made "The Catch" that wasn't too bad either......I think his name is Dwight Clark.

Oct 30, 2014, 1:43 PM

THE GOOD NEWS is that talented kids all across the country are seeing how receivers are coming out of Clemson ready for the NFL. It may be that the best is yet to come.

"a star in the making" = "When they get a real QB."***

Oct 30, 2014, 4:10 PM

it's interesting Kelly was on hand for the BC game

Oct 30, 2014, 6:34 PM

His buddy was the Eagles' OC so he was on the Eagles sideline for that game...what he got a real good look at, instead, was the Clemson D.

It's always an interesting thing when you watch guys with your own eyes, especially up close. Five will get you ten the Eagles - Philadelphia, this time - wind up with several Clemson defenders on their wish list.

Re: it's interesting Kelly was on hand for the BC game

Oct 31, 2014, 5:49 AM

Never miss a chance to remember Rod Gardner. Even though he did not have a long or dominant pro career, he did make the catch against South Carolina to win the game. Tough, clutch, good catch. Not a Nuk or a Sammy, but he made sure we had a W that day.

Over the years we've had many great Clemson men and

Oct 31, 2014, 6:01 AM

ladies to shine as outstanding representatives for Clemson.

Nuk had/has a certain look about him that spoke to his unassuming, honorable and dignified character that I admired. He would be successful in most any venture, be it coaching on the sidelines or preaching from a pulpit.

I'm certain most all Clemson folks are proud to call him our Clemson brother.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic