Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FAKE NEWS.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

FAKE NEWS.

May 26, 2020, 3:35 PM

Or perhaps just a 'blind squirrel finding a nut.'

"The general election scenario that Democrats are dreading..

In early April, Jason Furman, a top economist in the Obama administration and now a professor at Harvard, was speaking via Zoom to a large bipartisan group of top officials from both parties. The economy had just been shut down, unemployment was spiking and some policymakers were predicting an era worse than the Great Depression. The economic carnage seemed likely to doom President Donald Trump’s chances at reelection.

Furman, tapped to give the opening presentation, looked into his screen of poorly lit boxes of frightened wonks and made a startling claim.

“We are about to see the best economic data we’ve seen in the history of this country,” he said.

The former Cabinet secretaries and Federal Reserve chairs in the Zoom boxes were confused, though some of the Republicans may have been newly relieved and some of the Democrats suddenly concerned.

“Everyone looked puzzled and thought I had misspoken,” Furman said in an interview. Instead of forecasting a prolonged Depression-level economic catastrophe, Furman laid out a detailed case for why the months preceding the November election could offer Trump the chance to brag — truthfully — about the most explosive monthly employment numbers and gross domestic product growth ever."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hope it's true about the economy.***

May 26, 2020, 3:55 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

Re: Hope it's true about the economy.***

May 27, 2020, 12:51 PM

I can tell you that last week was one of the best weeks I have ever seen in sales. And my accounts still have over 150 doors closed.

The numbers were staggering.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hope it's true about the economy.***

May 27, 2020, 1:40 PM

Great news!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

Sorry guys, I left the politico link off.

May 26, 2020, 7:08 PM

Think this is it.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/05/08/democrats-california-swing-district-245626

Nope, let's try this.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/05/26/2020-election-democrats-281470

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sorry guys, I left the politico link off.

May 26, 2020, 10:39 PM

I thought about falling for your trap, but I googled the story instead. :)

- Jonathan Swift

My trap?

May 27, 2020, 11:08 AM

You give me way more credit that I deserve.

Re: FAKE NEWS.

May 26, 2020, 11:35 PM

I hope he does get to brag. People need to work and they need to be safe.

The GOP stategy at this point is proclaiming that the Virus isn't that bad, big over-reaction, only old people died, no need to wear a mask and shame those who do.

If 1 person dies as a result of that vile strategy, it is far, far too many.

But hale, it's mostly old people so who care, they're gonna die anyway, right?

And I have a RIGHT to not wear a mask, says the brainless Trump minion.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 27, 2020, 12:00 AM

And when the second surge comes, it will hit the red states very hard. (Most red states have had light cases with minimal deaths.)

But the second surge will likely (and unfortunately) infect more middle-aged people since they won't wear PPE or masks, and since they won't practice social distancing -- all based upon this round of C-19. Those with diabetes and heart conditions will suffer greatly.

(In 1920, the 2nd surge was much worse than the 1st round.)

I understand that most scientists expect the second surge by late summer to mid-fall.

Many people on this board (unfortunately) will be likely candidates for Darwin Awards (for self-extinction). Don't know if they will see or hear the noise, of the on-rushing train until they realize they are drowning on their own mucus.

But they can proudly carry their "Don't Tread on Me" flags into their caskets, while knowing they have probably killed other innocents.

It will be a sad time, as many will have to learn it all the hard way.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 27, 2020, 12:08 AM

Yep, fake news.

May 27, 2020, 12:44 PM [ in reply to Re: FAKE NEWS. ]

I've seen predictions since January saying red states will get hit the worse. It hasn't happened (and it won't) because they typically have less population density.

You say that middle aged people won't practice social distancing, but all the pictures I've seen of pool parties and crowded beaches show young adults ignoring social distancing. I doubt this block party with 1,500 people was a bunch of baby boomers

https://www.news-journalonline.com/news/20200517/guns-thrown-bottles-and-more-result-in-arrests-shooting-injury-at-large-deland-block-party-official-says

Hopefully people will compassion for those affected instead of making uneducated predictions.

Old man, if you're fool enough to go out to...

May 27, 2020, 11:17 AM [ in reply to Re: FAKE NEWS. ]

anyplace which is packed with people your loss is your fault. I told you about that blaming covid deaths on anyone but China. It's a devil's lie.

Re: Old man, if you're fool enough to go out to...

May 27, 2020, 11:55 AM

you mean a free person can choose?

dems losing voters as the world can see who the dictators really are

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic