Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Bama stomped Plan A. What was, or should have been, Plan B?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Bama stomped Plan A. What was, or should have been, Plan B?

Jan 4, 2018, 11:00 AM

I just joined Tigernet and I haven't read all the past posts, so forgive me if I'm plowing the same ground. I don't presume to be a better offensive coordinator or head coach than our own, but I do have a couple of questions. Given that our Plan A was stomped, what was our Plan B? (Cause I didn't see a Plan B). What I heard from the coaches before the game was basically "We are who we are and we're gonna keep doing what we do." That's fine to a point. But there should be a Plan B. Could Plan B have been, for example, more quarterback roll outs and sprint outs? If no prior Plan B, then there should have been more in-game adjustments (if there was, I missed them). Having a Plan A of "We're gonna out physical them" is fine - until it doesn't work. Post game admissions of "We got out physicalled" or "they wanted it more" are true, but not sufficient analysis. It is sufficient to explain why Plan A got stomped and we lost, but it is not sufficient to plan for the next Bama game. Our Plan A for the next Bama game should be something other than "This time we really are gonna out physical them". If Plan A stays the same, then what should Plan B be? Or, what is a better Plan A?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ask this guy

Jan 4, 2018, 11:07 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

I noticed Bama

Jan 4, 2018, 11:10 AM

doing a lot of quick passes to the left and to the right. They were able to pick up lots of chunk yardage.

We seemed to be content with sitting in the pocket and getting drilled. Especially on RPO's where Bama's LB Jennings kept nailing Bryant on the QB keeper.

Thinking we could have just let him rush in, and pass it right over his head out in the flats.

They were just faster and more physical. We were too small on offense to hold up. Missed the size, toughness, and experience of DW4, Williams, Leggett, and Gallman. Those boys really took it to Bama last year. They were not afraid...they hit them, rather than get hit by them.

Yeah, yeah, yeah.. check out what

Jan 4, 2018, 11:15 AM

My son got over the holidays

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

I have the #81 Calvin jersey too***

Jan 4, 2018, 11:23 AM

A grown man wearing a jersey? Uh oh. Tnet isn't going to like this***

Jan 4, 2018, 11:47 AM

ONLY for Jersey Day at work.***

Jan 4, 2018, 12:19 PM

Do you have a blueprint for this post? Head spinning!***

Jan 4, 2018, 11:10 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Plan B shoud have been to spread the ball around and...

Jan 4, 2018, 11:11 AM

stretch the D. It's pretty much what did later in the game and it worked better. On the other hand, Bama knew they had it wrapped up and may have let up slightly.

Re: Plan B shoud have been to spread the ball around and...

Jan 4, 2018, 11:29 AM

Question: Why do 'Bama's 300+ lb defensive guys always seem stronger and faster than everyone else's? Better conditioning coaches? Better diet? Steroids?

Extra week to rest, heal and prepare

Jan 4, 2018, 11:32 AM

nm

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They are amazing athletes and are not just big strong guys...

Jan 4, 2018, 11:35 AM [ in reply to Re: Plan B shoud have been to spread the ball around and... ]

and I guess that's why they were so heavily recruited.

Message was edited by: Carlsbad®

Re: Bama stomped Plan A. What was, or should have been, Plan B?

Jan 4, 2018, 11:35 AM

Plan B-----everyone is to blame per Elliott. Embarrassing that our O was so inept. Defense, given the field situation they were constantly put in, played well enough to have won the game.

Jan 4, 2018, 11:42 AM

We should've used many other weapons. Amari Rodgers, Tj Chase, Cornell Powell, etc... They was keying on Renfrow on 3rd downs, we could've thrown Rodgers in there on a couple 3rd downs to off set Bama Defense. When Higgins went down , we could've used Overton . Another big 6'5 WR who did not see the field at all. Which is mind boggling to me. Coaches brag and call their WRs WRU and we don't even use our weapons like that. Cornell Powell is a helluva player, why did he not see the field? I expected to open the okay book up a little more, have a few more designed plays for a few more players.

Jan 4, 2018, 12:01 PM

In all honesty when O line is being destroyed there are not a lot of options. I would suggest WR catching some balls! You only get a few chances with those guys and have to capitalize

Jan 4, 2018, 12:07 PM

I would of liked to see some roll outs to move the pocket and buy time. Also puts pressure on the backs to stay in coverage or watch for KB runs

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 4, 2018, 12:21 PM

I can't speak to exactly what plan B should have been, However, Our Plan B was refer to Plan A again.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic