Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Experienced ticket buyers
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Experienced ticket buyers

Jan 4, 2017, 5:13 AM

Can anyone explain to me how this whole thing works? Am I just hoping that whoever I buy tickets from online is a decent human being and not trying to scam me out of money? Is there anyway to ensure that tickets are legit or to secure your payment incase of a fake. Also I see a lot of people saying to wait in hopes that prices will drop but how long can you hold out. They say that ticket prices last year were so low the day before the game but how do you get the actual ticket in time? I've never done this before so thanks in advance for any help. Really want to get out there and see the Tigers win a championship.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Experienced ticket buyers

Jan 4, 2017, 6:49 AM

I am not an expert but have bought and sold quite a bit on Stubhub. They are very reputable and if you buy tickets that can be downloaded instantly I would have no concerns.

I am hearing a lot about how prices dropped last year and you can buy something in the parking lot at game time. I just think this is a totally different situation. Since Tampa is within driving distance I think demand will exceed supply.

Jan 4, 2017, 6:55 AM

On Stub Hub the delivery option says "Pick Up" does this mean pick up in Tampa? If so, where?

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 4, 2017, 7:23 AM

Stub Hub has a pick up location for big events like this. This year, it's at the Tampa Hilton Westside (near the airport). It will be open Sunday from noon to 6 and pretty much all day Monday.

I bit the bullet and paid out the wazoo for tickets. I don't see them coming down. This site, Facebook and my email have all been lit up with people looking for tickets.

Jan 4, 2017, 7:28 AM

The interesting thing to me is the drastic difference in what people want to pay vs what people are asking.

Mainly speaking of the tickets section of this site.

Read through some wanted ads and see where people are willing to go above face happily, but the for sale ads are for 2.5 times face. Those have to meet somewhere, right?

Jan 4, 2017, 10:02 AM [ in reply to Re: Experienced ticket buyers ]

We did the pick up location last year in Phoenix. It was set up well and a smooth operation. They also gave us a ticket for a free beer for each ticket we had purchased. I was a little worried as I had never used that method before, but Stubhub is reputable, and if you do somehow get scammed, they will reimburse you for what you paid.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Stubhub pickup is Hilton Westshore, about 2 miles from stadi

Jan 4, 2017, 7:48 AM [ in reply to Re: Experienced ticket buyers ]

Any tickets that is email will be emailed to you. Pick-up is for hard tickets only. Same set-up they have for Super bowl as they limit fraud that way.

As long as you are not buying tickets form short sellers, you are fine. If they say they will deliver Sunday or Monday, it means they want your money now so they can go find tickets at the end. It works well for them about 80% of the time. But when it doesn't work it gets ugly. If it gets too ugly, they refund your money and say sorry.

there are 3-4 on ebay like this but I won't name names.

Buying from Craigslist, as a rule, is foolishness.

Jan 4, 2017, 7:23 AM [ in reply to Re: Experienced ticket buyers ]

I was trying to avoid stub hub/ticketmaster/etc due to the crazy fees that you pay

Jan 4, 2017, 7:28 AM

The "crazy fees that you pay" are insurance that you aren't getting scammed.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 4, 2017, 8:29 AM

30% on each sale (20% for buyer, 10% for seller) is "crazy fees that you pay".

I have 2 tickets and considered selling them but couldn't do

Jan 4, 2017, 7:41 AM

it. The value of the tickets for me is too much to ask someone to pay. GO TIGERS!!

Re: I have 2 tickets and considered selling them but couldn't do

Jan 4, 2017, 8:06 AM

In the same boat. See you guys in Tampa!

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic