Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Experience bringing little ones to games
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Experience bringing little ones to games

Oct 28, 2016, 7:04 AM

Hey just wondering if anyone has experience bringing little ones to games. We are bringing our 15 month year old son to his first game against Cuse. Just had some general questions like do any of the bathrooms have diaper changing stations? I never really looked for that stuff before. We have the grandparents sitting next to us and a tailgate at the front of the West End Zone to keep stuff at. Looking forward to another military game and my first home game of the year (was at Auburn).

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Experience bringing little ones to games

Oct 28, 2016, 7:15 AM

The stadium has "family restrooms" located throughout the concourse that are spacious and all have changing stations. They are usually right next to the regular restrooms.

Oct 28, 2016, 7:39 AM

Please bring ear protection for the little ones. I'm serious. Please!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 28, 2016, 8:01 AM

I have a 2 girls both under 4 and have brought them to games the last few years. Definitely bring some protection for their ears at that age. They do have family restrooms in the west endzone too. Enjoy!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A few points of advice

Oct 28, 2016, 7:46 AM

The family restrooms are the way to go, but they don't have pads or "protectors" for the changing pads, and those can get a bit gross. So bring something to put down on top of it.

Bring lots of snacks, our kids pretty much ate the whole game and they're not normally big eaters, and bag check will give you some leniency on baby supplies, like baby bottles pre-filled with water (to add the packets of formula to). We did use a clear bag the game we brought our youngest to this season.

I know if you go in gate 1, they have stroller check, so I'd imagine they have it at other gates, and it's very worth it even if you don't need the stroller, cause you'll have it in the stadium in case you need to walk your child around for a bit.

Oh, and apologize to the fans in front of you beforehand. Our daughter earlier this year squeezed a pouch of barley/pears/something all over the seat in front of us, just before the nice fellow in that seat sat in it. All the fans around us are great and don't seem to mind getting bumped, kicked, etc a little during the game.

Thanks for the advice***

Oct 28, 2016, 10:13 AM

Oct 28, 2016, 7:53 AM

I have been bringing my kids to games since they were born. Best memories of my life.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My advice is to wait about 3 more years

Oct 28, 2016, 8:10 AM

then take him to a game. I tried it once when my son was 2 and he was too young to take to a game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Be prepared for him to get incredibly bored and for

Oct 28, 2016, 8:29 AM

you to leave early. Regardless of the natural distractions (music, video board, crowd reactions) he is going to get bored. He doesn't have the attention span at 15 months (nonetheless 3 years) to be entertained that long.

Anyone that disagrees is lying to themselves.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No problem his mother is a Scar graduate

Oct 28, 2016, 10:12 AM

and will be in charge of him if he wants to leave.

Haha, excellent. Also, sorry about that.

Oct 28, 2016, 10:53 AM

But at least you have the upper hand. :)

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I took my 4 year old to a game. It was awesome, except when

Oct 28, 2016, 8:32 AM

he looked at me and said... "Daddy, I have to poop".

True story.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

so a 1 year old........***

Oct 28, 2016, 8:34 AM

Liability Cola by CU_Tigers_time is now trending on Tnet.

Oct 28, 2016, 10:18 AM

Need to have hearing protection for the noise and infant sun screen if daytime.

Oct 28, 2016, 10:19 AM

I'd imagine taking a 15-month-old infant to a college football game like this Saturday's, (especially at 8pm), would be about as fun as bringing a grandmother to heavy metal concert.

If reconsideration is off the table, good luck to you sir. And ditto all the sentiments about ear protection.

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic