Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What would be satisfactory in 2017? 15-0 or bust ??
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

What would be satisfactory in 2017? 15-0 or bust ??

Aug 3, 2017, 8:07 PM

In all seriousness, what sort of record would make you feel good about the 2017 season after last year's success?

Do you really expect to win the whole thing again this year? Is that at all realistic?

If not, where do your expectations fall ?

For me personally, in 2017 (and down the road), I would like to become an annual fixture in the playoffs regardless of how we actually fare once we're there.

Mainly for 2017, I want to win the ACC and beat the gamecocks and hope that gets us into the play-offs.

Once the QB situation is solidified, I believe we have so much talent coming into the pipeline that we should expect to be in the play-offs year in and year out.

I can honestly see us being a final 4 team for years to come. All of the pieces are in place.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What would be satisfactory in 2017? 15-0 or bust ??

Aug 3, 2017, 8:40 PM

With the run that we're having, 10 wins should be the minimum goal every year. I think it's unrealistic to expect some sort of championship every single year (although it is definitely the goal).

I'll be happy with making the playoffs

Aug 3, 2017, 9:24 PM

Of course winning the last game would be nice if we do. I don't care if we are 13-2 if we win it all.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Me too.***

Aug 3, 2017, 10:41 PM

Aug 3, 2017, 9:46 PM

Realistically,I think we can win 10 games,but at 10-2 it would depend on where the two losses would be that would determine if we play for the ACC Title.
We can't have those two losses come at the expense of Louisville,or N.C. State,both on the road,or
Florida State at home.And don't forget about the Hokies.
But say we lose only one of those,and the other is to Auburn,then the possibility of playing for the Conference title is not out of the realm of possibilities.
However I think two losses would keep you out of being a top 4 CFP contender,and therefore not in
the final Bowls for"The Natty".

P.S.Just my opinion,but we will neither win 15 or go bust.

No telling what happens at QB.

Aug 3, 2017, 10:09 PM

4 losses could be acceptable if we have QB issues. I am expecting us to have 2 losses though. Anything from undefeated to 4 losses. We don't even know what we are dealing with at QB. Take away Aaron Rodgers from the Green Bay Packers and then put in a QB that we know not much about and try to predict their season. Thats what we are trying to do.

Re: No telling what happens at QB.

Aug 3, 2017, 10:35 PM

4 losses are no longer acceptable at Clemson ever.

Deoends on the games and what we are dealing with at QB.

Aug 3, 2017, 10:59 PM

I am not sure what we have at QB. They coukd be great close games too. We had a lot close games last year tbat without Watson may have meant 4 losses. I have to watch the season and see how it plays out. I can see anything from 4 losses to undefeated, but I have nn idea what we realln have at QB. If we had Watson I would say undfeated to 1 loss max. We could lose to Auburn, FSU, Louisville, and our bowl game and have 4 losses. There are some other quality teams too. I don't think that happens, but you never know. Kind of hard to predict without having the slightest idea what we really have at QB. QB will make or break our season. I could see us having anywhere from 4 losses and growing for a season to winning it all again. No telling. Either way I believe in the future of the team. The best is yet to come.

Aug 3, 2017, 10:11 PM

No more than two losses, the number of wins depends on how our post season shakes out.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Expectations

Aug 3, 2017, 10:16 PM

My goals for the season are simple:
- Rarely if ever lose at home
- Beat USuCk
- Win 10 games

Dabo has consistently done this. After years of West and Bowden, I have to remind myself how special Clemson football is right now. Each season is about enjoying the moment versus expecting championships.

Re: Expectations

Aug 3, 2017, 10:36 PM

Playoffs or nothing!

Aug 3, 2017, 10:21 PM

Would like to see us continue two streaks: Winning 10+ games for the 7th straight year and beating the coots for 4 in a row. A visit to the Orange or Peach Bowls would be nice. Would like see us get matched-up with someone different, like Florida, Michigan or Penn St. UGA in the Peach would interesting as well.

I'd be happy with a 14 - 0

Aug 3, 2017, 10:29 PM

ACCCG and a New Years Day Bowl victory.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just had to check.

Aug 3, 2017, 11:15 PM

We won 8 games last year by a touchdown or less. That's why I find it so hard to predict what happens this year without knowing about our QB. It's kind of year for me without expectations. I am just excited to sit back and see how it all shakes out. It's not as if it is a make or break year.

Aug 3, 2017, 11:31 PM

Beat Jake and the cooties 100 - 0.........Go Tigers!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aug 3, 2017, 11:42 PM

14-1 with another national championship would be sufficient

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Aug 4, 2017, 12:03 AM

11-2 including a solid bowl victory would fine as long as we keep beating the chickens and FSU. Nobody wants or expects injuries, ill timed luck or off moments, but all happen with a majority of teams. Clemson will be targeted as well by opponents. One game at a time will be critical.

I'll take another ACC title and playoff, however much has to happen for us to achieve that goal.

Go Tigers!

Aug 4, 2017, 12:21 AM

We will probably lose 2 games, but I don't which 2. We play some good teams IMO. I think we lose 2 of FSU, UL, VT, AU, or NCSU. I don't think the other opponents will beat us. So 10-2 and a bowl win.

We might have to beat VT or GT twice this year, which is fine with me. :)

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic