Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Exchanging Tickets
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

Exchanging Tickets

Jan 10, 2020, 3:10 PM

I have talked to someone that has tickets and I am reasonably confident it isn't a scam. At the same time we are separated by an 8 hour drive. Is there a reliable way to exchange money and tickets without getting into a Mexican standoff? I am not sending $4000 for tickets on his word that he will send the tickets and I would not expect him to send tickets on my word that I would send the money. Am I stuck driving for a day if I want to buy them?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Through ticketmaster, vivid, stub...and pay the fees

Jan 10, 2020, 3:13 PM

They handle the transaction.. they hold the tickets and hold your money and exchange.

It's the safest way.. they know it and that's why they hit you with those fees.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: Through ticketmaster, vivid, stub...and pay the fees

Jan 10, 2020, 3:26 PM

That was the route I went the last couple of years. He has the tickets priced about 75-80% of the StubHub price and I will probably probably just make the drive and save a grand if I can't figure out another way. Thought there might be some service that kind of played middle man to protect the exchange. Thought about getting him to put them on eBay and assume since I would know of him posting that I could be first to the punch.

Re: Exchanging Tickets

Jan 10, 2020, 3:28 PM

ALL tickets should have a mobile transfer option.. then just use paypal or Venmo.

Jan 10, 2020, 3:32 PM

For the love of God do not use Venmo for purchasing anything from someone you dont know. There is absolutely no protection if it is a scam. Either have the seller eat the 3% PayPal fees (which you file a claim if scamed) or pay them yourself.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Jan 10, 2020, 3:51 PM

I thought about PayPal since I know things are insured to a point but I figured it likely to be some conditions that might negate a claim if I didn't read 50 pages of rules and conditions. I guess I will try to research that option a little and figure out if I am better off making a drive. Thanks.

I send funds all the time when I am 99.9999% confident

Jan 10, 2020, 3:29 PM

If you are only reasonably confident, I would not send funds. Meet with cash in New Orleans.

Re: I send funds all the time when I am 99.9999% confident

Jan 10, 2020, 4:02 PM

I will have to be that confident that I will end up with the tickets or my money back before the money will leave my account. I thought there might be some service designed to hold the tickets until he got money, and money until I got tickets. Almost like the ticket brokers but designed for people that had made deals outside of the site and that offered the protection but at lower fees.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic