Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
To be fair (regarding Texas smackdown of UGA)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 2,752

To be fair (regarding Texas smackdown of UGA)

Jan 2, 2019, 2:10 AM

The didn't want to be there argument had potential to hold water. Of course players want to win, but its understandable to think they were disappointed to miss the CFP (blow lead to Bama) and be cast in a lesser bowl.

The argument totally blows up when you're playing a storied team like Texas. Put UCF in the Sugar and maybe I get it. But every single player on that UGA team wanted to beat Texas and I'll never believe otherwise.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: To be fair (regarding Texas smackdown of UGA)

Jan 2, 2019, 2:22 AM

Fromm was terrible and Kirby Smart seems to struggle with offensive gameplans that aren't what he expected ( ie : having no answer for Bama bringing in Tua in the 17 NCG , Texas going run heavy even though it wasn't what they did all year ) .
Typically they'll claim disinterest or malaise , which is total BS and simply a cop out .
They got it handed to them , by a team that played harder and smarter .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jan 2, 2019, 2:40 AM

They were busy planning for the National Championship according to their fans yesterday lol how many games have they lost 3 to dawg fans that's enough to put them where they belong w/Hershel in the natty!!!
Sec delusional dumb doggys!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

They were recruited to play and win football

Jan 2, 2019, 5:41 AM

games, and the staff's job is to see that their heads are in every game.

Georgia lost because Texas was the better team last night...possibly, the better team in the first place.

The CFP Committee made the right call. Period.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2019, 6:25 AM

If a team uses the “we didn’t want to be there” as why they lost is not that good of a team to begin with.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2019, 7:18 AM

I don't get some people, this post got a TD ??? SMH

I cannot believe

Jan 2, 2019, 7:40 AM

Anything other than they were motivated not only to win, but win big to show everyone they should have been in the playoff. And they blew it, showing everyone why they weren’t.

Jan 2, 2019, 8:13 AM

If nothing else, the Texas win should vindicate, provide credibility (ever how you want to say it) to the CFP Selection Committee for leaving UGA out and for those on the fence, show them how SEC biased ESPN is. Therefore, many good things came out of the Texas Sugar Bowl win.
Lastly, IMO, if the UGA players had to be sat down or pulled at practice because of lack of interest and still didn't want to play in the Sugar Bowl, then UGA Alumni, Boosters and Fans, there is serious problem in your football/athletic program. Your coach is losing control, the wrong players have been recruited (don't be fooled by the "stars"), the Athletic Department has a serious culture issue, or a combination of all the above.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Except that Champions don't act like two year olds who...

Jan 2, 2019, 8:23 AM

want to eat desert before dinner. I do not buy into that 'didn't want to be there,' or 'they were distracted,' chit. Champions don't get crushed when their 'feelings are hurt.' If they get anything it's furious.

The entire concept is some concoction. UGA didn't belong. They didn't belong in the Playoff and they didn't belong in the Sugar Bowl. Texas put a three TD beatdown on them then ran the clock out giving UGA mercy points. You've seen Clemson do that all year long.

ESPiN is appeasing UGA and SEC fans when they talk all that chit.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 2,752
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic