Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Swinney on QB starter for North Carolina
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 42
| visibility 8,250

FB Update: Swinney on QB starter for North Carolina

Sep 21, 2014, 12:44 AM

Swinney on QB starter for North Carolina

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let me get this straight:

Sep 21, 2014, 12:46 AM

A week ago he was calling out fans for wanting DW because he said Cole gave us the better chance to win.

Now less than seven days later DW is the starter? Gotcha.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exactly! He is either incompetent or disingenuous.

Sep 21, 2014, 12:49 AM

n/m

Re: Exactly! He is either incompetent or disingenuous.

Sep 21, 2014, 1:00 AM

Tuna- why not both?

And waiting so long to pull the trigger on this switch

Sep 21, 2014, 1:08 AM

Likely cost us a win tonight

What if he is both?***

Sep 21, 2014, 8:32 AM [ in reply to Exactly! He is either incompetent or disingenuous. ]

I like Dabo...but that whole situation is really starting to

Sep 21, 2014, 12:51 AM [ in reply to Let me get this straight: ]

rub me the wrong way...

Re: I like Dabo...but that whole situation is really starting to

Sep 21, 2014, 12:55 AM

Let's win out guys. I know SCST isn't anything to get happy about, but we've lost two rough road games and it most likely boils down to play calling.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Describe a better scenerio, wait you can't.***

Sep 21, 2014, 12:55 AM [ in reply to I like Dabo...but that whole situation is really starting to ]

I'm not sure I get what you mean? Like playing Watson sooner

Sep 21, 2014, 1:12 AM

would have been a thought. Is anyone really going to argue that he learned everything he needed to in the past week to earn the starting job? That's far fetched. I trusted the staff to make the right decision...now it sounds like the fans know more and the coaches are just playing catch up.

I'd be willing to argue that

Sep 21, 2014, 8:29 AM

I'm sure the two weeks of practice and his early play last night were what tipped the balance in DW's favor. I'm impressed that the coaches actually made the call to stick with him!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Does he "know enough" to be the starter?

Sep 21, 2014, 3:59 PM [ in reply to I'm not sure I get what you mean? Like playing Watson sooner ]

Are you senile or on crack? Is there anyone on earth who still believes that Stoudt was our best choice to start the FSU game?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are you guys new to sports?

Sep 21, 2014, 1:17 AM [ in reply to Let me get this straight: ]

Why is this shocking??? You support the hot hand

Re: Are you guys new to sports?

Sep 21, 2014, 11:49 AM

They seem to forget that even DW also missed a wide open receiver for an easy TD early, just like CS did in the opening series. This was a game that easily should have been ours. Two missed easy TD passes that should have been made, 2 extra point range FG's missed, a fumble on a play at the end trying to run clock out and get just a little closer and being so conservative, etc. We had ample opportunities. I just hope we rebound and learn from all the bad calls, the missed passes, the lack of blocking on offense that let guys pressure both QB's, etc. Plenty of room for improvement by players and especially by Morris, and Dabo too, IMO.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Watson had plenty of practice since he said that.

Sep 21, 2014, 1:18 AM [ in reply to Let me get this straight: ]

Cole also fell to hail because he would stand up and take a hit. That's the reason we lost that TD on the pass at the goal line. He reacted almost immediately after that puzzified play. Punish Cole for the mistake? Sure, he lost his starting Job.

I know you guys couldn't see that for the rage in your hearts that Cole was starting anyway. He gave Cole a reasonable three series to show why he didn't deserve the job and Cole failed.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Let me get this straight:

Sep 21, 2014, 2:43 AM [ in reply to Let me get this straight: ]

You knew Deshaun was coming but what was Dabo supposed to say--"well we are going with Cole for now but we know Deshaun will be better so we are just hanging on until then" If DeShaun played like crap then he would be an idiot. If Cole played like crap then he's an idiot. As it turns out, Cole did not play badly, DeShaun just played better and it seemed the team played better for him for whatever reason-tonight. Who knows what the next game will bring.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 21, 2014, 1:27 PM

There are other things in play also. DW was on the field for the two game losing plays - the center snap over his head and the fumble with 1:36 left to play. And no one with any sense can blame either on coaching. It was player error on one and a great strip by defense on other.
Dabo has sent two messages to the team. First, if you have been here a long time, not gonna throw you under the bus (see spurlid) for a young hotshot as long as you prove you can handle the job. Produce, I'll give you the chance. To the incoming players -work hard prove to me that you can handle the position, you have a chance to win it.

Sep 21, 2014, 8:00 AM [ in reply to Let me get this straight: ]

What was he supposed to tell everyone? We are pretty sure that Watson is going to start for us, but we want to run Cole in there because he's our safe bet until we know for sure that Watson can handle full game pressue?

Re: FB Update: Swinney on QB starter for North Carolina

Sep 21, 2014, 12:47 AM

I thought Stoudt earned the right in spring? Im so confused

Sep 21, 2014, 11:53 AM

He did, and now Watson has improved from his Spring performance and has taken the lead over Cole. Have you ever seen someone finally catch on to something and excel? I, often, have seen it, and I'm glad it happens.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

we hated it too. Sorry your coaches robbed y'all a HUGE W***

Sep 21, 2014, 12:48 AM

Re: we hated it too. Sorry your coaches robbed y'all a HUGE W***

Sep 21, 2014, 11:56 AM

You say in your info that you are a Clemson Grad. Then you say, "your coaches robbed y'all a HUGE W". Not much a Clemson fan, I guess. What's up with that?

Wait a minute! I thought Cole gave us our best chance...

Sep 21, 2014, 12:48 AM

to win. Hasn't Dabo been saying such bunk for the last couple weeks? I thought we unwashed fans didn't know what we were talking about when we kept pushing for Watson to start. So, either Dabo was too incompetent to notice the obvious or he was being disingenuous all along.

Re: Wait a minute! I thought Cole gave us our best chance...

Here comes the quarterback controversy.

Sep 21, 2014, 12:50 AM

And it won't matter who starts against UNC. ECU lit them up tonight. The tar holes truly suck.

Sep 21, 2014, 1:11 AM

Clemson truly sucks as well. We lost this game in true Dabo led Clemson fashion. Had the idiot been playing Watson from the go, maybe the offense plays a little better. This was predictable.

Sep 21, 2014, 2:00 AM

Shut the double FK up cocksucking coot!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 21, 2014, 12:01 PM [ in reply to Re: Wait a minute! I thought Cole gave us our best chance... ]

"True Dabo led Clemson fashion". Seems like Dabo has led us to some pretty lofty rankings and some very impressive records and wins against some pretty good opponents to me. Granted we haven't done well against the coots, but come on. He has been no failure at Clemson.

Sep 21, 2014, 1:12 AM [ in reply to Re: Wait a minute! I thought Cole gave us our best chance... ]

Clemson truly sucks as well. We lost this game in true Dabo led Clemson fashion. Had the idiot been playing Watson from the go, maybe the offense plays a little better. This was predictable.

Sep 21, 2014, 1:30 PM

your pluse says all we need to know...

Beat coaching decision in the last 2 hrs.

I was on the fence, but it needs to be full DW now

Sep 21, 2014, 12:58 AM

He has proven the big game is not too much for him so we might as well get him experience. It sucks for Cole, but DW is the better player as a freshman and the future.

My feelings too.

Sep 21, 2014, 2:20 AM

Watson earned it tonight.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Except on the goalline***

Sep 21, 2014, 8:26 AM [ in reply to I was on the fence, but it needs to be full DW now ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Except on the goalline***

Sep 21, 2014, 1:31 PM

and the snap over his head was his fault how???

A coach can and should change his mind based on the play on the field

Sep 21, 2014, 1:13 AM

Be happy and ####

Watson should have been the starter from the first snap of

Sep 21, 2014, 6:37 AM

the first game.

Dabo doesn't have the ball Jimbo did (starting Winston, and in the process getting a national title)

Re: Watson should have been the starter from the first snap of

Sep 21, 2014, 7:34 AM

First of all, Winston was redshirted his freshman year so Jimbo didn't have this issue because he had a backup in place which Dabo doesn't. If Winston had not been redshirted, Jimbo would definitely had the same problem because EJ was giving him the same type issues that we have with Cole, a good quarterback but not elite.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Watson should have been the starter from the first snap of

Sep 21, 2014, 8:27 AM [ in reply to Watson should have been the starter from the first snap of ]

Uh, you do know Winston redshirted right?

Guys don't make this such a big deal

Sep 21, 2014, 7:58 AM

The coaches knew that Watson was much more talented but they just weren't sure how he would react in such a big time hostile environment. Sure he looked great for the little bit of time he was in at UGA and then against State. They had to play it this way and make sure that how he performed live in those games wasn't just a fluke. I hate that we lost the game but Watson is the real deal. There's nothing you can do about those missed kicks, but you can fix the shotgun snaps on the goal line crap or least they better. FSU did luck out on the long TD pass when our guy lost his balance and fell but you just have to move on. Our D played lights out and that's all you can do. I'm looking forward to seeing how this team is going to improve the rest of the year. But now you just have to move on from this one.

Stoudt got his opportunities to lead the team but Watson

Sep 21, 2014, 8:34 AM

was clearly better and he's won the job. I don't really know what the staff could've done to please everyone here outside of maybe playing him a little more against UGA. I think it's been handled pretty well on the field, and i honestly don't care what the coaches say off the field.

Sep 21, 2014, 3:48 PM

Is Dabo totally insane? The only way that Stoudt should see the field is if Watson is hurt or in a rout.

LET THE WATSON LEGACY BEGIN

Sep 21, 2014, 3:55 PM

Sorry Tajh...

Watson! here he comes.

Replies: 42
| visibility 8,250
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic