Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Example of good leadership on COVID
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Example of good leadership on COVID

Apr 21, 2020, 3:16 PM

USA and South Korea detected their first cases on the same exact day in January.

One of the two nations did everything the right way, and one did the opposite. We need to admit when we are wrong and learn from it and most importantly, hold people accountable.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/covid-19-discovered-us-south-korea/

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Example of good leadership on COVID

Apr 21, 2020, 3:23 PM

Not sure what your understanding of tracking and

Apr 21, 2020, 3:57 PM

surveillance of the spread. What SK did would not have violated your rights or freedoms. Seems like basic common sense to me, in hindsight.

We didn’t get it right while they did, seems obvious in hindsight.

Everything seems obvious to you leftists

Apr 21, 2020, 4:03 PM

As the article states, we were too late with testing

Apr 21, 2020, 4:36 PM

to make "less intrusive" disease surveillance a valid option. Once it became community spread, as the article states, surveillance would have been pointless.

WE DIDN'T GET ENOUGH TESTS DONE EARLY ON BECAUSE WE DIDN'T MAKE IT A NATIONAL PRIORITY. THEY DID WHICH IS WHY THEY CONTROLLED THEIR SITUATION MORE EFFECTIVELY. Sorry, it is just frustrating as #### to have to beat this dead horse. And instead of talking about this fact, you have to plant your "leftist" bs label to throw me into your self-entitled intellectual prison, lol. Maybe it is time you grew out of that habit?

And here is a news flash that might surprise you: The CDC, the states, and local authorities already have the power to track you if you are infected. I'm not a lawyer, so I don't know what is and isn't permissible, but it seems like common sense to know what the extent of the disease spread is in your community.

But good luck to you and yours dealing with the State of SC if you decide to challenge their authority on sharing your health data.

https://wwwn.cdc.gov/nndss/data-collection.html

https://www.cdc.gov/eis/field-epi-manual/chapters/Legal.html

That talks about the reportimg requirements

Apr 21, 2020, 5:17 PM

Re: Everything seems obvious to you leftists

Apr 21, 2020, 7:48 PM [ in reply to Everything seems obvious to you leftists ]

Do you have a cell phone? I know its not a man date but you need to keep on open mind. If you have a cell phone someone is tracking you AND hearing every convo that the mike on the phone can pick up. Yes, I know..tin hat and all.

So tracking everyone is a leftist thing now?

Apr 21, 2020, 9:50 PM [ in reply to Everything seems obvious to you leftists ]

Asking for all the neo-cons who populated this board in the early 2000s.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Re: So tracking everyone is a leftist thing now?

Apr 21, 2020, 10:10 PM

Re: So tracking everyone is a leftist thing now?

Apr 22, 2020, 9:42 AM

You're really going to have to stop calling anyone who disagrees with you a "leftist". You've called me that and I'm not one. But that's okay. My leftist friends think I'm too conservative.

Anyway. That's not the way to go about things.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

Well, you dems cried about listening to the 'scientist...'

Apr 21, 2020, 3:44 PM

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1249372642454515712

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Huh?***

Apr 21, 2020, 5:29 PM

Re: Well, you dems cried about listening to the 'scientist...'

Apr 21, 2020, 7:58 PM [ in reply to Well, you dems cried about listening to the 'scientist...' ]

Wait, you'll believe him then, but not believe him now?

Isn't it true that this virus has done far more damage than either Fauci or Trump thought?

I mean, Trump said he had it all under control, what control?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bit of a stretch to imply the US did everything wrong...***

Apr 21, 2020, 3:47 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yes, just a wee bit

Apr 21, 2020, 4:48 PM

I'm just frustrated with some of the people who are trying to backtrack and somehow claim that testing doesn't make any difference. It is a pure canard to gaslight public attitudes with this kind of politically motivated revision of the facts and history.

We are probably going to have to go through this again later this year, so we better have testing figured out by then. More importantly, we need to get rid of the idiots who messed up testing, and didn't take the outbreak seriously. There is a long, long list of names and they should be accountable for what is a massive public health failure.

We need to call it as we see it. No more games. No more BS.

Apr 21, 2020, 3:48 PM

https://twitter.com/BBatdc/status/1244458897651441669?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1244458897651441669&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.redstate.com%2Fsister-toldjah%2F2020%2F04%2F06%2Fflashback-lets-watch-how-cnn-msnbc-other-non-fox-news-networks-downplayed-the-wuhan-virus%2F

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's just videos, you don't have to read words or anything..

Apr 21, 2020, 3:53 PM

complicated.

https://www.redstate.com/sister-toldjah/2020/04/06/flashback-lets-watch-how-cnn-msnbc-other-non-fox-news-networks-downplayed-the-wuhan-virus/

Re: It's just videos, you don't have to read words or anything..

Apr 21, 2020, 4:10 PM

You just spewed more meaningless propaganda. I just consider the facts:

Reuters

South Korea’s swift action stands in stark contrast to what has transpired in the United States. Seven weeks after the train station meeting, the Koreans have tested well over 290,000 people and identified over 8,000 infections. New cases are falling off: Ninety-three were reported Wednesday, down from a daily peak of 909 two weeks earlier.

The United States, whose first case was detected the same day as South Korea’s, is not even close to meeting demand for testing. About 60,000 tests have been run by public and private labs in a country of 330 million, federal officials said Tuesday.

—————-/

Early and thorough Testing is what would have worked. We didn’t do it. They did and the results speak for themselves.

My county still does not do good tracking all in the name

Apr 21, 2020, 5:22 PM

of hipaa

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

SK is a homogeneous population on half of a peninsula.

Apr 21, 2020, 7:50 PM

just sayin'

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 21, 2020, 9:09 PM

This may be the dumbest post of the week.

the facts are what they are

Apr 21, 2020, 9:47 PM

Don’t run away hurt, your country needs you.

Let’s admit we messed up testing and learn from it. All I’m saying.

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic