Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Exam Nightmare!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

Exam Nightmare!

May 6, 2017, 12:26 PM

I graduated from Clemson 40 years ago this month and I STILL have nightmares when it's exam time - I dream that it's my last semester my senior year and I've been cutting a history class since the first week of the semester and now I've got to pass the final exam in this course to be able to graduate. I had this bad dream again the other night.

The funny thing is that I never took a history course my senior year. Also, the course was being taught in the Clemson House and I never took a class there! I don't know how/why I ever had this dream to begin with.

I would have thought it would have stopped by now!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not as often as they used to be

May 6, 2017, 12:30 PM

But 30 years later and I still have them too

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have a version of the same one, that kicks in whenever

May 6, 2017, 12:44 PM

times are really stressful. In mine, I signed up for the class and forgot about it until somehow found out I was supposed to be in it just before exam time, same deal, pass the exam, pass the course. Wake up in a cold sweat. I wish I could just keep dreaming until I passed it, then maybe it would not reoccur. (I'm sure you do too!)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exactly - I wake up in a cold sweat.***

May 6, 2017, 1:27 PM

Re: I have a version of the same one, that kicks in whenever

May 6, 2017, 3:17 PM [ in reply to I have a version of the same one, that kicks in whenever ]

Same for me, whenever I'm under a greater amount of stress than usual I have this dream. With the exception being that the course subject varies between dreams.

This is SCARY

May 8, 2017, 5:09 PM [ in reply to I have a version of the same one, that kicks in whenever ]

I have the exact same dream all the time. Do you think it's because of the way Clemson instilled going to class in us all?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Re: I have a version of the same one, that kicks in whenever

May 8, 2017, 7:28 PM [ in reply to I have a version of the same one, that kicks in whenever ]

I have the same thing too, except for me it's always two classes: math and English that I haven't been to in weeks. I'm usually not worried about the math class and figure that I can wing it on the final, but all the books I haven't read for the English class freak me out and I know that I'm screwed.

Glad that you guys have this dream, cause my wife says "not me, that's weird."

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Exam Nightmare!

May 6, 2017, 12:53 PM

yup, me too. except I am not that old.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 6, 2017, 1:09 PM

I have two recurring dreams. I'm either back in military service or I'm back in school. In my dreams, I have served in every branch of the military and in school, I can't find my class room or I'm not prepared for an exam. I don't know which is worse but it's always a relief when I wake up and realize it's only a dream. Realizing it's a dream makes every day a good day.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 6, 2017, 1:33 PM

I have the same type dreams but worse- since I haven't been to class I don't know where to go to take the exam!

May 6, 2017, 1:36 PM

Sounds like we should all be part of a psych study ??

May 6, 2017, 1:32 PM

I have this same dream every so often as well. Just any random class at my university that I was supposed to be taking, and for whatever reason, missed nearly every class, and now have to take the exam to graduate. It's a really annoying dream because it makes me wake up wondering what I've forgotten to do that is coming due, and I have to go through the entire mental Rolodex in the middle of the night.

That, and witnessing plane crashes. Not sure why I have that one.

May 6, 2017, 9:54 PM

This is very close to the version I have. Graduated in 88 with BS and again in 91 with MS. The frequency of the dream is much less now but still occasionally have them. My daughter is a Junior and she has started having the same type of dreams.

May 6, 2017, 2:13 PM

I think we all have some version of that dream. I know all my friends do. It's always a class that I meant to drop but forgot to do it.

May 6, 2017, 2:47 PM

I'm retired and sleep like a baby. :) I never think of those exams. You guys need to find a hobby. LOL

May 6, 2017, 2:51 PM

Similar dream but normally I'm missing an item of clothing like shoes or pants.

Re: Exam Nightmare! uhhh it was asking a dream

May 6, 2017, 3:11 PM

not what you've actually done. :)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 6, 2017, 3:07 PM

Mine Is a class I never knew I was in and now I suddenly must pass to graduate

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 6, 2017, 3:26 PM

I have similar dreams and graduated in 71. Sure is nice when I wake up and realize that it was a dream and then look at that beautiful Clemson ring.

May 6, 2017, 3:28 PM

This is a very universal theme. I started having it after high school and for 30 years after college. Realized I never went to class and it's exam time, can't find the room as I wander up and down stairways, miss the bus etc. I'm retired and now sleep like a baby.

May 6, 2017, 4:26 PM

Graduated in '76. Still have a similar nightmare about missing a Spanish 202 exam my final semester.
Seems to happen whenever I have Mexican food the day before.

Sugar Overload at Midnight Cookie Break

May 6, 2017, 4:29 PM

It was ugly.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

My freshman 1st semester exams were worse than a

May 6, 2017, 4:55 PM

nightmare - I got food poisoning on Sunday night and had to be driven across campus to the old infirmary by my roomie because I couldn't walk. Nurse gave me a shot and put me in a bed and I woke up WEDNESDAY morning. Had to sit down to rest several times on my way back across to my dorm. Needless to say, I never recovered enough to do well on exams and pulled a microscopic GPA.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have similar nightmares 30 yrs later but

May 6, 2017, 10:02 PM

I always thought my stemmed from real life experience. I was offered an assistantship for my MS work starting in fall 1988, but had to pass Abromovich's second semester organic chemistry in summer school to graduate and get the assistantship. I always blamed that real life nightmare on my bad dreams. Really creepy that so many have similar nightmares. My daughter is a Junior and has started having very similar nightmares.

I've had the nightmare where I was signed up for a class...

May 6, 2017, 11:07 PM

...but for whatever reason I never bothered to show up to the first class or any of the lectures but was left scrambling trying to read up on a semester's worth of lectures I never attended and trying to read the book the night before I'm suppose to take the final.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I've had the nightmare where I was signed up for a class...

May 8, 2017, 3:09 PM

I actually had an Economics class where the Prof said he didn't care if we attended the lectures or not, as long as we showed up for the exams. Since that was an 8:00 class, that was pretty much the last time he saw me other than exams!

May 6, 2017, 11:37 PM

It is an archtypical anxiety dream. I get one about every other week. I'm ready to graduate but have not been to class . Don't have the books, Haven't got the notes, don't even know where to go for the exam. Worried about where to go to find out where to go.

Most of the time I am worried about qualifying for credentials I already have. I'm forty years from Clemson, nearly that much from graduate school. Still dream it regularly.

Makes me wonder what the dreams were for people in the old days before folks went to college, in cave man times. Maybe getting chased by a saber toothed tiger.

...and your club is broken! At least that is what Hartins

May 8, 2017, 3:12 PM

said. (Hartins, I kid, Sir, I am not that far behind you.) :)

May 8, 2017, 4:43 PM

I still have that dream 9 years after graduating. The funny thing is... I'm pretty sure there is a class that I did forget to go to my last semester, and the University just gave me my degree anyway.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lived it! Well almost.

May 8, 2017, 4:55 PM

Not a final but it felt real bad. I strolled into my invertebrate biology lab and immediately noticed everyone's face 6 inches from their notebooks and no talking. The panic was debilitating. This lab was on Mondays and the previous Monday was a holiday, so somehow I forgot. I came away with a cool 20 on that test. My only D.

I once got a score of 16 out of 100 on engineering exam...

May 8, 2017, 5:04 PM

...and on a curve that qualified me for a C. Professor was none other than Dr. Gowdy, US representative Trey Gowdy's dad.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 8, 2017, 5:05 PM

60 yrs ago here and they finlly seemed to stop about 10 yrs ago

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 8, 2017, 7:14 PM

Haha. I graduated 13 years ago and I have a similar dream as well. Wake up in a panic everytime. #### I miss it

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic