Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
AP Poll has an agenda tied to the media
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1,397

AP Poll has an agenda tied to the media

Oct 21, 2019, 2:26 PM

The AP moves teams up higher or lower based upon upcoming TV games, for instance LSU & BAMA for the upcoming LSU-BAMA game, a 1 vs 2 will get much higher ratings than a 2 vs 4, and as most know these media conglomerates are all tied to one another, there is a definite agenda going on behind the scenes. Anyone who thinks that these are their actual votes without any influence from their employers or who they are representing behind the scenes is naive & I have some ocean front property in Arizona that I can give you a great deal on.

In the end it really won't matter if Clemson is #4 going into CFP it is the same as being #1. Being #3 is the same as #2, and I am seeing some people are wasting too much energy on this, there is 0.0% chance an undefeated Clemson will be left out of the top 4. Both times Clemson won CFP they were NOT the #1 seed, as long as they make it they have to win 2 games regardless where they are ranked for 1-4

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks for having the courage to say what we were all

Oct 21, 2019, 2:32 PM

saying

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Hopefully everyone on here is not a Moran.***

Oct 21, 2019, 2:39 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's a big ask.

Oct 21, 2019, 2:52 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Re: AP Poll has an agenda tied to the media

Oct 21, 2019, 2:37 PM

Watching these poll results each week reminds me of why I'm not a politician. Sounds like democrats to me. GO TIGERS

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Or maybe LSU got more credit for beating UF by two tds

Oct 21, 2019, 2:38 PM

and Ohio St. got more credit for beating NW by 49 than we got for beating Louisville by 35.

You’re actually saying they’re are working in unison to have #1 play #2.

That’s asinine. How about some proof of that?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Or maybe LSU got more credit for beating UF by two tds

Oct 21, 2019, 2:51 PM

ever watch ESPN or SEC Network or CBS Sports? They are all in on LSU-BAMA because they own the TV rights for the games & and many of the media members who votes have ties to those networks. ever watch Fox Sports or Fox? they are all in on Ohio State & were all-in on Wisconsin before their loss & now it's Penn State, because Fox has a contract with the Big Ten. when I am watching the Clemson games the announcers aren't really bashing Clemson. because the better the Tigers do, the better the network they are working for who have a contract with the ACC does. it's the same as when I watch Cable News & the MSM, their programming is based off of what their Network wants & not actually their own journalistic intuition, case in point Phil Donahue & Jesse Ventura were fired from MSNBC because they were against our wars in the Middle East despite having the #1 rated shows on the network at the time of their firings, that is why other than Tucker Carlson, you never get anyone on MSM speaking out against the illegal regime change wars & operations that out government engineers.

the OP is an idiot***

Oct 21, 2019, 3:07 PM [ in reply to Or maybe LSU got more credit for beating UF by two tds ]

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

You DO realize, don't you? That the AP voters....

Oct 21, 2019, 2:50 PM

... are not all on a conf call discussing how to vote? Right? I mean, you do understand that it's a bunch of individuals, most WITHOUT ties to the SEC or ESPN. Right?

What you're implying is that every voter, regardless of what state they're in... regardless of what school they went to... regardless of what network the may be tied to....regardless of anything that may set them apart from the herd.... you're saying that the majority of them are biased towards the SEC. Just because they get a vote? I truly hope you know how absurd that sounds.

Re: You DO realize, don't you? That the AP voters....

Oct 21, 2019, 2:53 PM

you do realize a lot of those media outlets have ties, even if indirectly to ESPN/ABC, Fox & CBS? & they don't need a conference call when you know what is expected out of you

you say "a lot" but you're wrong

Oct 21, 2019, 3:04 PM

Clearly you don't know the who the voters are. If everyone of the big network employees who have votes were to give Alabama their first place vote, and every other voter did not, Bama would not be #1.

Furthermore, divide all the supposedly biased voters' votes up among all the other SEC schools near the top, and it would have an even LESSER effect on the polls.

Anyone who doesn't get that is just stupid.

Re: You DO realize, don't you? That the AP voters....

Oct 21, 2019, 2:58 PM [ in reply to You DO realize, don't you? That the AP voters.... ]

That and the Coaches Poll is nearly the same with most teams being within 1-2 spots of where they are in the AP.

Oct 21, 2019, 2:56 PM

So why exactly would writers from all over the country, many of which whom either don't work for a tv network at all, or who at least work for different companies care about tv matchups?

For instance, let's say that game ends up being aired by CBS, why would anyone at ESPN care about CBS getting higher ratings, or the other way around? Why would a writer covering the Big 12 or PAC 12 care about television ratings for that game? Also, why exactly would more people watch the game if it's 1 vs. 2 as opposed to 2 vs 3, or 1 vs. 4, or whatever? Is there some large percentage of people out there who would watch the game if it's 1 vs. 2, but decide it's not worth their time if one team is ranked at 3 instead?

Exactly... people who make the OP's argument are dumb***

Oct 21, 2019, 3:06 PM

Oct 21, 2019, 3:13 PM

It's takes no talent & doesn't make someone a good person or even close to it, calling other people names & putting them down & where I come from, those people are not thought very highly of, so keep on hating it fits y'all so well

Replies: 14
| visibility 1,397
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic