Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dr. Fauci not doing us any favors today for football...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

Dr. Fauci not doing us any favors today for football...

May 12, 2020, 3:05 PM

In his congressional testimony, he said schools resuming this fall "a bridge too far."

Not good.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Actually, it is good

May 12, 2020, 3:07 PM

Since he’s been wrong about everything else.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Actually, it is good

May 12, 2020, 5:52 PM

found juan

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

... because the vaccine he has money invested in will

May 12, 2020, 3:11 PM

not be available in the fall.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

I don’t believe there has ever been a

May 12, 2020, 4:05 PM

successful vaccine for a Coronavirus?Am I wrong?TIA.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You are correct. There are no vaccines for this or

May 12, 2020, 4:09 PM

any other strain of which I am aware.

But, they think one will be available for this one in the next two years.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: You are correct. There are no vaccines for this or

May 12, 2020, 4:19 PM

There will never be one that works on this virus. We don't have a very good track record for vaccines on viruses. Or cures for cancer or a solution to the common cold. Oh and if you want the flu, get vaccinated for that. So Faux Fauci wants everyone to stay huddled inside while he blows smoke up our butts. I have to travel for word to keep your power on. I haven't stopped. The reality is, if you use a little common sense, wash your hands frequently and don't kiss strangers you will likely be okay. I can tell you it sucks eating from a Styrofoam box every meal. I'm sick of this crap.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You are correct. There are no vaccines for this or

May 12, 2020, 6:18 PM

BigPurdy said:

We don't have a very good track record for vaccines on viruses.

What does this mean? Vaccines for smallpox, polio, rabies, hepatitis, HPV, yellow fever, measles, mumps, rubella, etc have saved hundreds of millions of lives.

Source? Seems like fake news

May 12, 2020, 6:12 PM [ in reply to ... because the vaccine he has money invested in will ]

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2020/apr/15/facebook-posts/facebook-posts-falsely-claim-dr-fauci-has-millions/

He has a very global view...

May 12, 2020, 3:41 PM

or a one size fits all approach to the pandemic. The reality is, this thing is very granular and effects the various segments of the population and geographic regions quite differently.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Exactly!! What is good for NYC, the Northeast, the Left

May 12, 2020, 3:45 PM

Coast, and Miami isn't applicable to all of the USA.

This is why states' rights are important ... and the Electoral College.

Re: He has a very global view...

May 12, 2020, 4:02 PM [ in reply to He has a very global view... ]

A global view to a pandemic...

pan·dem·ic
/pan?demik/

noun: pandemic; plural noun: pandemics
an outbreak of a pandemic disease.
adjective: pandemic
(of a disease) prevalent over a whole country or the world.

It is the literal definition.

You can't get too granular with this thing, he is not the er nurse (which would be granular) or a hospital epidemiologist. Because of how this thing spreads, you have to have a global view or at least the macro view.

So, he is actually doing his job.

lol, what? what does his statement have to do with real life?

May 12, 2020, 4:14 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Re: Dr. Fauci not doing us any favors today for football...

May 12, 2020, 5:24 PM

He is a lifelong bureaucrat, here will say/do whatever keeps him on tv. This goes for pretty much everyone in D.C.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 12, 2020, 5:31 PM

I just want to have some type of season, delayed or not. I really feel as if this season, we have an awesome shot at being "NatChamps."

dude is wrong most the time***

May 12, 2020, 5:48 PM

That's because he's a futbol kind of guy.***

May 12, 2020, 6:22 PM

Basketball

May 12, 2020, 6:41 PM

May 14, 2020, 10:57 AM

Dr Fauci did not mean it is a bridge too far to open schools by the Fall. He meant that it was a bridge too far to expect a vaccine to be available by this Fall.The truth is that we may never have a vaccine or that it may be a year or two away.Hopefully, scientists develop a vaccine by the end of the year, but that is very optimistic. However, I am optimistic that it will happen sooner than anticipated. Schools will have to open this Fall as the downside is too great in not reopening. Thankfully we don't live in KY where their governor apparently stated daycare facilities will not reopen until a vaccine is available. Such a policy will kneecap many families with both parents working. Having said that, I can't foresee stadiums being filled anytime soon as much as I would like that to happen. I am truly pissed at the Communist Chinese government locking down Wuhan yet permitting their citizens to travel internationally for quite some time therefore spreading this contagion. That action was reckless at best, a subtle act of war at worst.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 14, 2020, 11:08 AM

Of course he's going to say that. He is in cya mode at this point. This way if people go back to school and a lot of kids get sick or possibly die he can say "I told you so" but if the kids go back to school and nothing happens, no one will ever remember anything he said. It's not like a significant percentage of his predictions up to this point have been accurate anyway.

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic