Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Only thing that worries me about Bama
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 2,599

Only thing that worries me about Bama

Jan 1, 2017, 11:21 PM

Is being up to get at least marginal success running. It was hard for us to develop a consistent running game against Ohio State and Bama is better than them. If we average 4-5 yards a carry we win

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Only thing that worries me about Bama

Jan 1, 2017, 11:31 PM

Bama will be the best D we've faced this year, so I don't expect our running game to be very successful unless our passing game works as well as I think it will. IMO - we almost need to establish the PASS first and then the RUN if Bama drops more in coverage.

That said - I hope our OLine is ready to give DW4 some time to throw. That is the only way we win this one.

Exactly... Consistently do the opposite of the percentages.

Jan 2, 2017, 12:22 AM

Gallman's run on 3rd and 19 just underscores it. Pass to spread the LBs and the SS... Makes for a lot more gaps.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^ ditto ^^^

Jan 2, 2017, 7:42 AM

For what it's worth SOLOS, I'm with you! My son in law gets SO frustrated with our insistence on running 'up the middle'. And I understand the 'conventional wisdom' (run to open up the passing lanes) that goes with this, but I think our strength IS the passing game. So why not 'throw, to open up the run'?

Can't wait to see how HCDS and Co scheme it up for bama! Face it, they're pretty damb good at what they do, and THIS Tiger is feeling VERY good about how it's gonna go down next Monday!

Oh, don't get me wrong - I KNOW this is gonna be the best team we play, and it won't be easy, but I'm thinking BAMA'S GOING DOWN!

GO TIGERS!!!!!

#FinishThis#Beatbama

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Jan 2, 2017, 12:11 AM

Hope the O-line can block them. Don't need to waste every first down up the middle for 1/2 a yard. Watson needs to be very accurate with his throws. Bama's backs are like WR's and they can take it all the way back. No batted balls either, even their D-line can catch

Oh, is that the only thing?***

Jan 2, 2017, 12:45 AM

Re: Oh, is that the only thing?***

GOOD one my friend!!!

????

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2017, 6:57 AM

We need to use the unconventional run game a bit more and spread that D line out. The option pitch, the option pitch with the jet sweep "interception" like the GT game. More fakes on the sweeps, dw4 and Scotts first year you could never tell who had the ball. If we dress it up and cause more confusion and get the lbs and safeties moving in the wrong direction we can start to play action off the same plays.

No way we average 4-5 yards per carry.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 4-5 yards per carry

Jan 2, 2017, 7:52 AM

Just looked it up, bama is no 1 in rushing defense giving up 2 ypc ave. BTW: we're 19th at 3.51 ypc.

http://web1.ncaa.org/stats/StatsSrv/rankings?doWhat=archive&sportCode=MFB

Yeah, don't see us doubling their 'ave'....

.... but it would be nice!

Replies: 9
| visibility 2,599
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic