Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Hey coots calm down..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 1

Hey coots calm down..

Mar 20, 2017, 2:21 PM

Hey cooters you got a long way to go to win a title outside of baseball...You not winning nothing with talk about your basketball team. It takes years to build a title contender ask DABO.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree, it's stupid of them to be excited about making

Mar 20, 2017, 2:26 PM

the Sweet 16 in basketball. It's not like they beat a basketball blue blood to get there either. I doubt we'd even remotely care if our basketball team had made it that far, right?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

^^^coot***

Mar 20, 2017, 2:28 PM

Yeah, I'm angry that our basketball team made the NCAA

Mar 20, 2017, 2:34 PM

tournament 4 years in a row, made the ACCT finals during that stretch, and now 6 years later our AD is staying committed to the guy who caused the program to regress to the point where we've made the NIT twice over that time, both times with an NBA player on his roster. Meanwhile a couple hours down the interstate our rival just beat Duke and Marquette to get to the Sweet 16.

It's laughable that as fans we get PO'd that our AD retains Brownell because he hasn't shown any results, while making fun of the coots for being excited about a basketball program showing results.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

After the Gamecocks won last night, I just knew that DRad

Mar 20, 2017, 2:40 PM

was even more committed to improving our basketball program.

Boy was I wrong. :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yeah, I'm angry that our basketball team made the NCAA

Mar 20, 2017, 2:40 PM [ in reply to Yeah, I'm angry that our basketball team made the NCAA ]

AMEN!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You need some water? I was just joking. Definitely agree***

Mar 20, 2017, 2:40 PM [ in reply to Yeah, I'm angry that our basketball team made the NCAA ]

Water isn't strong enough***

Mar 20, 2017, 2:46 PM

Bewm

Mar 20, 2017, 11:16 PM [ in reply to Yeah, I'm angry that our basketball team made the NCAA ]

Roasted

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ewww.......................................................................

Mar 21, 2017, 10:07 AM

Re: I agree, it's stupid of them to be excited about making

Mar 20, 2017, 2:41 PM [ in reply to I agree, it's stupid of them to be excited about making ]

Duke hasn't exactly played up to their normal standard this year, but true enough that the coots outplayed them last night. Still, I seem to remember that we played them in cola and managed a win on their court, so strange things sometimes happen. The best team doesn't always win, because we certainly weren't all that special in BB this year, but we did eke out a win against a pretty good coot squad. I don't care about them. I just wish we were better.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, we beat them

Mar 20, 2017, 2:48 PM

Watching their first 2 NCAA tourney games, we were pretty fortunate that Thornwell was out.

Re: Yes, we beat them

Mar 21, 2017, 5:38 AM

I echo your thoughts and having followed Clemson basketball almost 40 years, we have little to show for it. I was excited before the season with the talent we had on this team. Honestly, I thought we would be maybe 4th or 5th in the conference. I know that is nothing to brag about, however I was excited about Clemson basketball again. The season unfolded and I am flabbergasted that Brownell was kept. I would rather have you GEO coach us next year than a lame duck coach that only hurts our future with recruiting and fan support. It is Unacceptable that we cannot ever field a competitive basketball team.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who put the "L" in BrowneLL

Mar 21, 2017, 5:40 AM

*GWP not GEO stupid autocorrect

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who put the "L" in BrowneLL

Mar 21, 2017, 9:48 AM [ in reply to Yes, we beat them ]

They played about as perfectly as possible against the dukies. Thornwell is a gifted player. It's a shame he settled for the coots. He could have done better (assuming he was smart enough to go someplace else).

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 21, 2017, 9:43 PM [ in reply to Re: I agree, it's stupid of them to be excited about making ]

True, you did beat us at our place by what 2 points? Of course we didn't have Thornwell playing which is a game changer. We lead the whole game and blew it at the end without one of the nation's best players. I'd say that's worth 3 points. It doesn't matter now, cause you won and that's what the history book will say................but it doesn't bother me now:)

Mar 22, 2017, 9:39 AM

Is that why you took the time to make your post? Because it doesn't bother you now? Seems like it must bother you some, because you did take the time and effort to go on your rival's site and respond.

Mar 20, 2017, 4:04 PM [ in reply to I agree, it's stupid of them to be excited about making ]

SC ain't nothing but a basketball school...beat teams like Kentucky and Duke in basketball and lose to them in football.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

hell I would be excited

Mar 20, 2017, 10:58 PM [ in reply to I agree, it's stupid of them to be excited about making ]

Clemson hasn't ever been past the 1st round of the tournament in my memory of being a clemson fan. (I was 6 in 1997)

They made the Elite 8 in the 80's and Sweet 16 in the 90's.***

Mar 20, 2017, 11:59 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: They made the Elite 8 in the 80's and Sweet 16 in the 90's.***

Mar 21, 2017, 9:49 AM

Thought I remembered that, too, but wasn't sure.

Mar 20, 2017, 11:12 PM [ in reply to I agree, it's stupid of them to be excited about making ]

Maybe I'm an anomaly but I wouldn't care at all. I haven't watched a basketball game in years. They only care about basketball and baseball because they have nothing else. They would trade 10 basketball or baseball national championships for 1 sniff at a football championship.

Mar 21, 2017, 10:18 AM [ in reply to I agree, it's stupid of them to be excited about making ]

Should Mercer be talking titles? They beat a blue blood in basketball as well. This was not one of duke's best teams. Was it suppose to be? Yes. Coach K really good teams have one thing in common and that's great PGs. Since Tyus Jones left Duke hasn't had one. Scar playing pretty much a home game with unc fans in attendace was huge. They did what it takes to beat a good duke team. As long as Thornwell carries the load they got a chance to win.

Re: Hey coots calm down..

Mar 20, 2017, 2:26 PM

I agree but they might make the Final 4. Once they get there they will get rocked

Mar 20, 2017, 2:32 PM

Baylor... Will get them

Mar 20, 2017, 2:38 PM

I agree should have went with KJ and Jaron.

People said Duke would rock them. Whoops.***

Mar 20, 2017, 2:41 PM [ in reply to Re: Hey coots calm down.. ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Mar 20, 2017, 3:18 PM [ in reply to Re: Hey coots calm down.. ]

Ummm, not making the final four!!!

Mar 20, 2017, 2:50 PM

I'll be honest, I was shocked they beat Duke.

Figured SC would have to play out of their minds, and Duke would need to have an off night for it to happen. Both occurred.

To be honest, I thought Duke's offense looked really pedestrian. I heard SC was supposed to be really good defensively, and may have had a little to do with it. But Duke refused to push the ball up-court and they stunk in their half-court offense. Lot's of standing around, and ZERO penetration. I've watched a lot of College Basketball, and that to me it just looked like DUKE sucked on offense.

I think SC is a team that is really benefiting from College Basketball being way down. Duke looked like Duke offensively, but worse than normal.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 20, 2017, 3:34 PM

And how exactly is college basketball "down"?

Mar 20, 2017, 10:05 PM

Go back to your trailer and drink another whine-cooler, Coot.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jay Bilas?

Mar 20, 2017, 10:26 PM [ in reply to Re: Hey coots calm down.. ]

Blah.. the place would be going bananas if clemson

Mar 20, 2017, 2:54 PM

Made it to the 16 and scar got booted 1st rd nit.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

I haven't watched much SC basketball this year - but they

Mar 22, 2017, 9:43 AM

looked pretty impressive to me against Duke. Given that they've never had this much success before in the Tourney - I would expect them to be enjoying the heck out of this. And they should.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 33
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic