Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Dabo sends missed call on Rodgers fair catch to ACC, speaks with head official
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

TNET: Dabo sends missed call on Rodgers fair catch to ACC, speaks with head official

Nov 14, 2018, 7:37 PM

Dabo sends missed call on Rodgers fair catch to ACC, speaks with head official

Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney and ACC Supervisor of Football Officials Dennis Hennigan had a conversation this week about a missed call that went against the Tigers last week at Boston College, and while Swinney won’t divulge the contents of the conversation, Swinney believes the ACC is determined to get things right.
Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Dabo sends missed call on Rodgers fair catch to ACC, speaks with head official

Nov 14, 2018, 7:44 PM

ACC officials are sucking royally this year. Had it been a "targeting" they would not have missed it.

Re: TNET: Dabo sends missed call on Rodgers fair catch to ACC, speaks with head official

Nov 14, 2018, 7:52 PM

Since the rule changed (not sure when) from a 1 yd halo to 1 yd in front of and between the shoulders of the returner, the refs have been reluctant to call anything.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 14, 2018, 8:54 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Dabo sends missed call on Rodgers fair catch to ACC, speaks with head official ]

+1, because I get your point, but the officials we've had this year could have missed any call, on anything, at any time. Worst I ever saw. The standards must have been lowered for officials since I was a player. Some of these calls are so obvious, but they still get it wrong. Sad!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That whole "Chris Rumph" section

Nov 14, 2018, 7:52 PM

What are you even talking about? There is zero context. Obviously understanding that section requires some prior knowledge. And, well, I've had a few drinks tonight. Can someone fill me in?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That whole "Chris Rumph" section

Nov 14, 2018, 8:03 PM

I'm just thinking what if....what if the real question was "how's that indoor practice facility working for you with all the rain this week?" Just a thought.

The author has had more than you obviously :)

Nov 14, 2018, 8:03 PM [ in reply to That whole "Chris Rumph" section ]

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

The proofreading fell shorter than a Spiers punt.***

Nov 14, 2018, 8:06 PM [ in reply to That whole "Chris Rumph" section ]

Re: The proofreading fell shorter than a Spiers punt.***

Nov 14, 2018, 8:30 PM

That’s funny right there

Nov 14, 2018, 8:58 PM

+1! Our punting has been a point of frustration for me all year. A great punter is quite a weapon. Our punting has not delivered many blows this year. Hopefully, that changes in our favor. Lord knows, we certainly are due.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 14, 2018, 8:34 PM [ in reply to The proofreading fell shorter than a Spiers punt.*** ]

What is this "proofreading" you speak of? Proofreading?!? We don't do that here on Tigernet.

Nov 14, 2018, 9:06 PM

^^^THIS^^^. There is no proofreading on TigerNet.

Nov 15, 2018, 8:45 AM [ in reply to The proofreading fell shorter than a Spiers punt.*** ]

Really ...... that short?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just like Dabo said, we all make mistakes. We learn from it & move on

Nov 14, 2018, 8:59 PM [ in reply to That whole "Chris Rumph" section ]

Lol

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

Re: That whole "Chris Rumph" section

Nov 14, 2018, 9:01 PM [ in reply to That whole "Chris Rumph" section ]

That baby must have starting crying right about then!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm sure they'll clean things up in no time.

Nov 14, 2018, 8:48 PM

Right after the national debt is paid off.

Proof Readers...We Don't Need No...

Nov 14, 2018, 10:46 PM

Stink'in Proof Readers !

+1 for the Blazing Saddles reference***

Nov 15, 2018, 12:08 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 15, 2018, 5:44 AM

It's also a case of causing serious injury to the player fielding the punt. He feels that he is safe from being hit after he has called for a fair catch. He could have also been injured by trying to get to the ball and cover it. That was one of many total fked up no calls by dumb A$S irresponsible incompetent ACC officials. The only way to fix it, is to hire and train officials that is in reasonable shape that can move 10 yards without gasping for air, and hire officials with a higher than 12 IQ. It will continue to be absolutely useless to discuss the matter with anybody at any ACC office until the biggest problem with officials is fixed. Out of shape, and incompetent official Equal the same things happening week in and week out!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 15, 2018, 10:45 AM

The only way to fix it for good is to remove conference affiliations with referees, have the NCAA mandate total control over referees, and impose financial penalties on bad calls.

Miss a call like this, get your pay docked.

Nov 15, 2018, 11:57 AM

I don't know the pay scale for NCAA referees, but i am sure they are not feeding their families with an ACC paycheck... I howl as loud as anyone when a missed call like with Rogers gets through. And reviewing calls are the bane of football at all levels....It is even starting to infect BASEBALL..DAME' I'll be Frank(or you can be Frank),i think reviews should be out of the hands or field officials AND coaches... Put the onus on the guys up in the booth... Let those loungers with their 20 angles cameras look for discrepancies and signal the field referee(with a butt buzzer)that a play is being reviewed...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 15, 2018, 9:42 AM

My only issue is that 12-Wallace slightly pushes 24 for BC and 24 runs into Rodgers. I cannot say for sure that this is the reason that the refs chose not to throw a flag, but if the opponent is pushed into the returner, even on a fair catch, then there is no penalty. Someone that knows the rule for this should clarify if I'm wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54d_0WVA4s4
look at 55:51 for the slight push which sends 24-Torres into Rodgers.

Also, I understand that this type of play is not reviewable. Not sure about that.

Nov 15, 2018, 11:26 AM

That "push" was 5 yards before he interfered with the catch, and if the ref felt that was the case, he should have flagged the play for block in the back.

Everything would have been fine if they just reviewed that

Nov 15, 2018, 12:03 PM

play. Not having that review able for a change of possession is ridiculous.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic