Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Everyone, stop acting like we're a basketball school
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,498

Everyone, stop acting like we're a basketball school

Dec 15, 2019, 8:03 PM

Just for once, think long and hard. Say you fire Brownell. Who would you get to replace him? You can't go after any big school coach. Who else would do justice in our school? What we need is a administration that is dedicated to basketball as it is football. Until we decide we want to compete with the North Carolinas and Gonzagas of the world, don't expect anything but what you see now.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Like Dabo said, "Dream big". It's people like you that

Dec 15, 2019, 8:05 PM

want to embrace mediocrity. As for me, I want no part of that.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

No fan was dreaming big 11 years ago.

Dec 15, 2019, 8:08 PM

We just wanted to beat Carolina and become bowl eligible. Until dabo got what he wanted. The state of the art football complex which makes Clemson now the number 1 stop.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No fan was dreaming big 11 years ago.

Dec 15, 2019, 8:10 PM

Uh, no. It has everything to do with our HC. The new facilities are a part of his vision and ability to sell it to the administration. Do you honestly believe we'd have the facilities we have if Dabo weren't the HC?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Littlejohn is taking up prime parking spots for football.

Dec 15, 2019, 8:06 PM

We should move the basketball court towards Seneca. Around where the old Tiger Tails used to be.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think we should have kept playing in Greenville

Dec 15, 2019, 8:25 PM

I think attendance was actually better. Less students but more overall fans.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Everyone, stop acting like we're a basketball school

Dec 15, 2019, 8:11 PM

Should have snagged Mike Young before VT did

Re: Everyone, stop acting like we're a basketball school

Dec 15, 2019, 8:13 PM

Just for once, think long and hard. Say you fire Brownell. Who would you get to replace him? You can't go after any big school coach. Who else would do justice in our school? What we need is a administration that is dedicated to basketball as it is football. Until we decide we want to compete with the North Carolinas and Gonzagas of the world, don't expect anything but what you see now.

You eventually have to say just give someone else a chance. DRad had a chance after a few years of Brad to hire his own guy and never took that opportunity. He put our program back at least 5 or 6 years because of that.

I think most everyone wants a competitive basketball program

Dec 15, 2019, 8:18 PM

who exhibits an exciting brand and makes the NCAA tournament. It's been shown through several coaches - do those things and you'll fill the arena. We have not, in 10 years, established any type of brand. What are our strengths? What can we count on year in and year out? What are we good at? Slowing the game down and still losing? He always talks about his guys being nervous, losing confidence, and not executing when it's most needed. Save our one nice run when Gabe Devoe got hot and carried us, we watch these issues year in and year out. The accountability is obvious, and it's not the players.

With 22 turnovers and shooting only 28%...

Dec 15, 2019, 8:32 PM

ABSOLUTELY NO ONE is going to confuse Clemson for a basketball school.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,498
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic