Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I’m slow to criticize NickyS but #### that fake fg was dumb. So your kicker
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 725

I’m slow to criticize NickyS but #### that fake fg was dumb. So your kicker

Jan 9, 2019, 2:44 PM

Is going to be the one that can block our defensive line who your offensive line can’t even block. Again not so much that it was a fake fg as much as how stoopid the play was.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm guessing the kicker/holder misread the defense...

Jan 9, 2019, 2:50 PM

no one in their right mind runs a fake against that defensive set.

If the coaches called it from the sidelines after the defense was set, it's an even more foolish decision.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

that makes sense***

Jan 9, 2019, 2:51 PM

Everyone saw the defense.

Jan 9, 2019, 2:59 PM [ in reply to I'm guessing the kicker/holder misread the defense... ]

In a call like that they have to have a call to wave off the fake. Absent that they have to have a coach ready and able to call a TO.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

my dad said, they are going to fake it and walked off to the

Jan 9, 2019, 3:05 PM

bathroom.

it was grand

he got back and was all I told you so

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That’s confidence, I like it. Roughly familiar to that confidence when you saw DW4

Jan 9, 2019, 3:08 PM

Rolling right and Hunter Renfrow wife open, you knew it was a td before the ball left DWs hands. I was yelling yes and jumping up and down before the ball was caught as I’m sure many of us were.

Re: I’m slow to criticize NickyS but #### that fake fg was dumb. So your kicker

Jan 9, 2019, 3:08 PM

There is a Moneyball-style statistical analysis report out there indicating that the fake FG has a higher probability of success than just going for it. You can google for it - I linked it last time we faked one and failed. Much like the stock market though, these moneyball stats are useless once anyone else is aware of them, because they will change their behavior.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Those stats are often skewed

Jan 9, 2019, 3:19 PM

Like you said, they can be skewed based on the fact that the mere awareness of them changes future success rates, but even moreover this particular stat is skewed by situational variables.

I would imagine there aren't many data points to run the stats on for 4th and medium at around the 20 when down 2 TD's when trotting out a questionable kicker midway through the third. That alone makes it hard to use past success rates to predict any sort of likelihood of current possible success.

Add to that that we came out in entirely base defense and it was doomed before it ever started and no stat should've made any of their coaches feel better about running it versus calling a TO and bringing your offense back out, or hot-audibling to a FG.

Replies: 7
| visibility 725
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic