Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Everyone keeps talking about how close NCSt plays us...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1

Everyone keeps talking about how close NCSt plays us...

Oct 18, 2018, 9:44 AM

but it was only 4 years ago this happened (and Deshaun had recently taken over as starting QB... sound familiar?) http://www.espn.com/college-football/recap?gameId=400547744

Our first shutout in six years. They came into that game as the leading offense in the ACC. NFL QB Jacoby Brissett was on fire coming into that game and was held to 4 of 18 for 35 yards. Their team as a whole was held to 154 total yards.

Everyone keeps making comparisons to our 2014 defense, with many saying this years' group is better. Saturday is the day we see that truth come to light. Spot the D*** ball!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hope you're right!

Oct 18, 2018, 11:21 AM

I think this team is better at every position except QB (unknown/unproven), and Safety. The 2014 had Kearse, Robert Smith, Jadar Johnson, and TJ Green at safety. Those guys compared to what we have now in Muse and Wallace, I think are the big difference in our ability to produce a similar result.

I also think that Finley is a better QB than Brissett.

We also had Pinion on that team to flip the field for us. Not sure we have that in Spiers, but I hope I'm wrong.

I see a lot of points being scored in this game. I don't think they'll be able to stop us, but I do think they'll score some points on a busted coverage or 2.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I hope you're right!

Oct 18, 2018, 11:52 AM

The tigers are going to administer an epic a&& whipping to the wolf cubs saturday. I truly believe this game will be a signature one and may leave DH (??) Doreen rethinking a lot of things including his future choice of words.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Everyone keeps talking about how close NCSt plays us...

Oct 18, 2018, 12:18 PM

My favorite stat of the game was this:

Brissett's QBR was 2.6

Cole Stoudt's QBR (who did not complete a single pass - 0/1) was 3.0.

We shut them down so hard that NC State doing nothing would have improved their performance.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic