Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
BKB Update: Report: K.J. McDaniels signs 1 year contract with 76ers
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

BKB Update: Report: K.J. McDaniels signs 1 year contract with 76ers

Oct 1, 2014, 9:52 AM

Report: K.J. McDaniels signs 1 year contract with 76ers

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Say What!?!?!?

Oct 1, 2014, 9:59 AM

Wow. I hope he and his agent know what they are doing. Go KJ !!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Savior. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: Say What!?!?!?

Oct 1, 2014, 10:20 AM

It says to me that KJ believes in his ability and work ethic to be the best he can be without selling himself short or cheap. His decision could make or break him, and I'm betting on making him rich. And I'm absolutely sure that he hasn't made a decision like this without examining his position around the league. Good Luck KJ, I'm wishing only the best for you. Skill and your determination got you there. Determination of improving and sharpening that skill will keep you there!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bold move by KJ. I like it.***

Oct 1, 2014, 9:59 AM

What an extremely risky move.

Oct 1, 2014, 10:02 AM

No guaranteed money. Only 1 year. Risk of injury. Hope it works out well for him.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What an extremely risky move.

Oct 1, 2014, 5:24 PM

No guarantee in year 3 or 4 in any case.... 500,000 is pretty good money right out of college... if he makes the grade, next year will be multi millions...

Re: What an extremely risky move.

Oct 2, 2014, 12:59 AM

He's going to spend 15% of that on a new whip, 20% on sports insurance, 35% in taxes, at least 10% to his agent, and be left with about $100k to live on. Sounds like a tough 1st year when your making friends with millionaires and picking up rookie tabs at the bar.

As long as he has insurance I don't have an issue with it

Oct 2, 2014, 9:54 AM [ in reply to What an extremely risky move. ]

Even if he has a bad year and nobody wants to re-sign him, he can go to Europe and dominate. If Devin Booker is winning MVP Awards in France then KJ could be the king of European basketball.

I personally believe he's going to be a contributor to the Sixers this year and have a long NBA career though.

All pro athletes should have one year contracts.

Oct 1, 2014, 10:18 AM

If you don't produce, you're gone. Us fans are the one's who get stuck paying high ticket prices to support many guys who aren't worth their salaries.
Give their current team first shot to re-sign or release the player into the system. They can sign elsewhere, for more or less money, if terms with the existing team are not agreed upon after the end of the season.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: All pro athletes should have one year contracts.

Oct 1, 2014, 10:25 AM

That is a great idea for the owners but, it wouldn't lower ticket prices.

Are you saying BJ Upton is not worth 75.5 million?***

Oct 1, 2014, 10:38 AM [ in reply to All pro athletes should have one year contracts. ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work hard. Rock hard. Eat hard. Sleep hard. Grow big. Wear glasses if you need 'em - The Webb Wilder credo

Can you say Poster Boy !***

Oct 1, 2014, 1:26 PM

Re: Are you saying BJ Upton is not worth 75.5 million?***

Oct 1, 2014, 4:32 PM [ in reply to Are you saying BJ Upton is not worth 75.5 million?*** ]

No body IMO is worth that kind of money to play a professional sport. Not even if they were having apples shot off their heads from a blind man shooting Arrows!!!

Everybody is worth exactly

Oct 2, 2014, 9:51 AM

what the highest bidder is willing to pay.

KJ is like Nuk

Oct 1, 2014, 10:37 AM

He may never be a superstar, but he will be solid pro for 10+ years as long as he's healthy.

Its like 4th and 2 from your own 35yrd line.. On the

Oct 1, 2014, 11:09 AM

surface, I love it. But if it doesn't work, man oh man.
All in, I believe. Go KJ!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Its like 4th and 2 from your own 35yrd line.. On the

Oct 1, 2014, 12:36 PM

I like your quote.
I also like the agents wording. Got his point across without stepping on any toes in Philly.

Not a whole lot of risk, but big reward potential

Oct 1, 2014, 11:14 AM

A 4 year contract with 2 non-guaranteed is only a 2 year deal if he doesn't fulfill expectations but locks you into 4 years if you exceed.

I think this was a smart move.

Re: Not a whole lot of risk, but big reward potential

Oct 1, 2014, 11:29 AM

This makes a lot of sence. KJ was projected by a lot people as a late first round pick and ended up 2nd pick in second round. He is maximizing what his potential was. I think what ever he is offered Philadelpia will match it because he will do well this season.

Great Move-- KJ will likely be starting quite a bit. Sixers

Oct 1, 2014, 11:50 AM

will be forced to ink him to a big deal next year

Re: BKB Update: Report: K.J. McDaniels signs 1 year contract with 76ers

Oct 1, 2014, 12:25 PM

This is the same franchise that received Andrew Bynum for their best player, Andre Iguadala. Meanwhile, the Lakers made them look like fools as they received Dwight Howard in that four team mega-trade leaving the 6ers looking like the dysfunctional organization they are. Not that it worked out for the lakers, but the 6ers have been the raiders of the nba ever since, and Bynum never played a game as a 76er.

I don't trust they know what they're doing, and one year non-guarantees favor the check writer. KJ has to play good with the worst team in the nba, or this contract will not benefit him.

Oct 1, 2014, 1:00 PM

Not sure how much of an NBA fan you are but this couldn't be more flawed. That trade was made after going to game 7 of the semis under Doug Collins. I'm not sure how you can compare them to the Raiders as it's only been one year and they are going about things the right way. KJ is in the best spot possible for him and will not be going anywhere unless he is in a trade for a superstar.

Oct 1, 2014, 1:58 PM

Philly lost their best player for a C that never played a game for the 6ers. Lakers traded said C for the best player on the market. Classic. Somewhere Mitch Kupchak is still giggling about that one.

Oct 1, 2014, 1:43 PM

That's crazy.... I would have held out for a multiple year deal. That's peanuts!!!

Bad sign...Should have stayed KJ!***

Oct 1, 2014, 2:35 PM

nm

I think it’s pretty obvious that leaving was a mistake.... n

Oct 1, 2014, 3:55 PM

nm

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic