Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Baseball Player Update: Injury updates for two Clemson pitchers
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Baseball Player Update: Injury updates for two Clemson pitchers

Apr 30, 2012, 11:31 AM

Injury updates for two Clemson pitchers

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not very good news ...***

Apr 30, 2012, 11:40 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

not too bad - Gossett new weekend starter

Apr 30, 2012, 12:59 PM

we just need some looooong relievers now.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, it IS bad news...

Apr 30, 2012, 1:10 PM

while I'm not writing off the rest of the season, do you REALLY want a freshman starting against #1 FSU? Matt Campbell has been VERY good out of the bullpen and losing him will hurt. Mike Kent has been very good recently; hopefully he can continue that record. More will be asked of Patrick Andrews, Joseph Moorefield, and maybe even Clay Bates. It would be real nice if David Haselden could regain his 2011 form.

The FSU series doesn't really matter

Apr 30, 2012, 1:27 PM

it would just be gravy. They are steamrolling everyone. Its the series against CofC and WFU that will determine our postseason destination.

Re: The FSU series doesn't really matter

Apr 30, 2012, 1:29 PM

Where do they find you people. Every game left determines seeding.

The committee isn't going to punish us for losing to FSU

Apr 30, 2012, 3:31 PM

beating them only helps.

At this point, with our record, EVERY game matters***

Apr 30, 2012, 1:53 PM [ in reply to The FSU series doesn't really matter ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Every game matters...

Apr 30, 2012, 2:02 PM [ in reply to The FSU series doesn't really matter ]

Clemson needs every win possible to enhance its NCAA Tournament resume. And trust me, if FSU destroys Clemson in all three games, the Leggett haters will be all over him and the team. And they escaped from Rhode Island yesterday. The good news is that the series is in Clemson and not Tallahassee.

FSU is an opportunity to enhance the resume

Apr 30, 2012, 3:34 PM

there is no real downside to that series. The committee isn't going to say "well we would have put them in as a 2 seed, but they got destroyed by FSU so they are sitting out." Thus, losing Brady for that series isn't going to "hurt us" in the long run. We can't afford more bad losses to the CofC's, Tennessee Techs of the world.

The Leggett haters are going to harp on him regardless.

We don't hate Leggett. He's been a great coach here.

Apr 30, 2012, 10:13 PM [ in reply to Every game matters... ]

You guys cant seem to understand just because we feel it's time for a change doesn't mean we hate or don't respect all JL has done here.

There is no rational reason for a coaching change...

Apr 30, 2012, 10:44 PM

and anybody that wants to run off the 5th winningest active coach in D1 history isn't very smart. It would make Clemson look REALLY stupid to any rational person outside the "Clemson fanbase". No decent coach, and certainly no "big name" coach would come to a school that ran off a coach that has had the success that Jack Leggett has. And give me a break with this "the program is in decline" BS because that absolutely is NOT true. Stop expecting 3 consecutive 50 win seasons, that is not realistic.

I don't expect 50 every year but I'd like it every 3rd year.

Apr 30, 2012, 11:40 PM

Why isn't it realistic to have high expectations? You can't reach new heights without breaking through ceilings.

We'd ALL like it every third year...

Apr 30, 2012, 11:50 PM

but just because it doesn't happen that often doesn't mean he's "lost his touch" or "the program is in decline". Winning 50 games is VERY difficult, even with post-season play. It's nearly impossible to win 50 games in the regular season. The ONLY way you could say the "program is in decline" from where it was when he took over is that Clemson hasn't won 50 games three consecutive years. By no other statistical measure has Clemson "slipped".

Obviously we won't agree on that.***

Apr 30, 2012, 11:55 PM

And you would be wrong...

May 1, 2012, 1:28 AM

but you have the right to be wrong. Clemson's made the NCAA Tournament every year but one since 1987. Every freshman class that has entered since the fall of 1987 has made at least one trip to Omaha in its 4-year career. The team ERA and fielding percentage statistics are in the same range as every other year. Clemson is currently fielding .971, the only year better than that since 1939 is 2006 when Clemson fielded .972. In the "magical three years" of 94-96, Clemson fielded .961, .964, and .965 Clemson's team ERA this year is 3.82. It went up over the weekend, but Clemson won 2 of 3 so I can live with that. In 94-96, it was 3.46, 3.23,& 3.03. From 2001-04, it went up each year from 4.14 to 4.39. Clemson's team batting average right now is .280. In 94-96 it was .293, .317, and .294. Since 2000, the high was .324 in 2002, otherwise it's ranged from .285 - .309.

I may or may not be wrong. You may or may not be wrong.

May 1, 2012, 8:39 AM

The only to find out if a coaching change would improve the team would be to make one. So you can't say I'm wrong because we are talking opinions and not facts. Btw, the difference in team BA is huge from the other years. If the ERA is higher and the BA is lower that's a double whammy. Of course obp is way more important than BA but I'm sure you already knew that since you're so smart. What is our obp?

Is Ray Tanner still not coaching during games because I see they are at 4 again.

OK, sorry I didn't just whine and wring my hands

Apr 30, 2012, 2:15 PM [ in reply to No, it IS bad news... ]

over this. My bad; I should know better.

Oh woe, oh jeez, sky is falling.

Now, does that make you doom and gloomers happier?

Are you calling ME a "doom and gloomer"?...

Apr 30, 2012, 4:44 PM

Because if you've been paying attention, you'd know that that's the LAST thing I am. Anytime you lose quality pitchers late in the season it has an impact. But, injuries happen and Clemson will have to overcome them. It gives other pitchers, namely Patrick Andrews, Daniel Gossett, Joseph Moorefield and maybe even Clay Bates an opportunity to contribute that they may not have had otherwise.

Re: not too bad - Gossett new weekend starter

Apr 30, 2012, 1:20 PM [ in reply to not too bad - Gossett new weekend starter ]

Good lord

Re: Baseball Player Update: Injury updates for two Clemson pitchers

Apr 30, 2012, 1:36 PM

Thoughts go out to these two. Heal up and come back firing.

Campbell's was not pretty to see. Hopefully we will see him in a Tiger Uniform again.

null

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic