Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My take on being a Clemson basketball fan.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

My take on being a Clemson basketball fan.

Jan 26, 2019, 8:35 PM

Last year was really fun. This year... not so much. I hope we win our next game but I'm not losing sleep over it. Basketball is such a hit or miss sport. Refs can dominate a game. Fouls are never consistent. Free throws are obnoxious. If Brad runs a clean program and we make it to the tourney every few years... I'm good. You guys can continue being outraged now. I'm doing just fine.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cool story, bro***

Jan 26, 2019, 9:14 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My take on being a Clemson basketball fan.

Jan 26, 2019, 9:21 PM

When You are on tobacco road. Throw everything out the window.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 26, 2019, 9:54 PM

When your star MBB guy misses over 1/3 of his free throws and 4 of those were in the last 20 seconds, you have to be concerned. What is the problem? Guy shoots them over 80% for the season to date and misses 4 critical ones in a row.
We gave the game away at the end! We made enough mistakes early to be shocked about also. Some additional coaching must be done or "mail it in".

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Every few years” Once every 4.5 years doesnt fit the

Jan 26, 2019, 11:05 PM

definition of few to me.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Me neither. I wish we could do it more often. What's our

Jan 28, 2019, 9:12 AM

historic average?

I do know that last year was one of the best 5 seasons in our entire history.

For me personally, I don't look at the historical

Jan 28, 2019, 10:42 AM

average. I just don't consider what happened over 30 years ago of much relevance the same way I don't think football recruits care that we won a national championship in 1981.I look at our last 3 coaches with Barnes and Purnell going to the tourney 6 out of 11 years, and the Shyatt years just being a total disaster. I even give Purnell a break for the first couple of years because the Shyatt years were such a disaster.

Jan 26, 2019, 11:08 PM

i thought the game today was fun...it didn't go Clemson's way but it was a good game. That may have been Eli Thomas's best performance ever against a ranked team.

Jan 27, 2019, 7:17 AM

You hope we win our next game, but you're not going to lose any sleep over it.
All sports are hit and miss. Would you have lost sleep if Trevor had missed those wide open receivers in the National Championship game?
Fouls are obvious. What is also obvious is leaving points on the floor, and the referees had nothing to do with that part of what happened yesterday.
Sure Brad made it to the tournament, and was one and done. Oliver Purnell did it 3 times in a row and never won a game.
So how would you feel if Dabo made it to the CFP's every few years, but never won even the first game? Would you be doing just fine with that?
I doubt it.
Look, we are not a basketball program, I get it, but you have to find ways to finish games like this.
And you don't do it by hoping we win our next game.

Jan 27, 2019, 10:11 AM

No offense and I have suffered every winter with basketball since about 1962, but this is part of our problem. It is never going to change as long as the majority if the alumni and BOT and fans are ok with being mediocre and at the mercy of the other guy. It is time for a change in attitude or just quit trying. It’s been embarrassing for quite a while. I have supported all our coahes and spent a lot of money thru Iptay and in Littejohn. It’s just really sad right now.

Oh I spent about 20 years being NOT ok with it.

Jan 28, 2019, 9:13 AM

Turns out that didn't make a difference. This is much better.

I hope we win our next game too .....

Jan 28, 2019, 10:04 AM

....Completely Solid Orange... But - then - I’m always Hopeful! lol

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Being a Clemson bball fan is knowing that when a buzzer

Jan 28, 2019, 12:38 PM

beating shot is taken, it only goes in if it's against us.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My take on it after all these years.

Jan 28, 2019, 12:52 PM

No matter who the coach is.. Never count on Clemson players, Division 1 basketball players, to be able to make free throws..

It's been a thing for as far back as I can remember.. Never have been able to figure that out.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO TIGERS!!

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic