Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Ever wonder how politicians get rich?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 51
| visibility 1

Ever wonder how politicians get rich?

Jul 8, 2020, 10:56 AM

well, here's one way.
I went into the wrong field
Wasn't she the one that just said we need to dismantle the economy?

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ilhan-omar-has-paid-878g-to-new-husbands-consulting-firm-data-show-report

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bad look, even if legal.

Jul 8, 2020, 10:58 AM

It better be on the up-and-up, or she'll pay the price.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

liberal cities dont care. she'll probably win

Jul 8, 2020, 11:07 AM

re-election in a landslide

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

oh, and she married her brother to get into this country

Jul 8, 2020, 11:07 AM

they dont care

That definitely happened.***

Jul 8, 2020, 11:10 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So you’re agreeing it’s true

Jul 8, 2020, 11:40 AM

What a profoundly stupid argument.

Jul 8, 2020, 11:49 AM

How about this, I'm accusing you of killing Jeffrey Epstein. I have no evidence. Prove you didn't do it!!

Re: What a profoundly stupid argument.

Jul 8, 2020, 11:58 AM

She's under no obligation to disprove it.

Jul 8, 2020, 12:14 PM

And I'm under no obligation to disprove it. And you're under no obligation to disprove that you murdered Jeffrey Epstein.

It's an accusation as preposterous as Hillary Clinton running a secret pedophile ring out of a pizza place. This just makes right wingers look like gullible, unhinged clowns. They should stick with disagreeing with her opinions and values instead of making up ridiculous stories. Or not pay any attention to her at all since she's just a freshman Congressman from Minnesota.

Oh, I'm glad the libs at the FBI are on the case, though.

Re: She's under no obligation to disprove it.

Jul 8, 2020, 12:19 PM

Like Obama with his birth certificate?***

Jul 8, 2020, 12:26 PM

Re: Like Obama with his birth certificate?***

Jul 8, 2020, 12:29 PM

No. His birth certificate still wasn't enough.

Jul 8, 2020, 12:45 PM

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/obama-birth-record-definitely-fraudulent-sheriff-joe-arpaio-says

https://www.newsmax.com/fastfeatures/barack-obama-scandal-citizenship-birth-certificate/2015/01/28/id/621317/

https://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/house-races/215545-rep-stearns-questions-legitimacy-of-obama-birth-certificate

Why should any American, even a politician...

Jul 8, 2020, 1:33 PM [ in reply to Re: Like Obama with his birth certificate?*** ]

Have to bend over backwards to prove innocence whenever someone makes an outrageous claim against him or her?

Y'all made the same argument about Trump and Russian accusations, right?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Dude obviously nobody HAS to

Jul 8, 2020, 1:36 PM

As it apparently was...

Jul 8, 2020, 4:21 PM

and has gone no where.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

or Trump and his Tax Returns?***

Jul 8, 2020, 1:37 PM [ in reply to Re: Like Obama with his birth certificate?*** ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

Wait, is this like when Obama finally took the

Jul 8, 2020, 12:49 PM [ in reply to Re: She's under no obligation to disprove it. ]

birth certificate bait, and provided one...and it didn't matter, because half the country who hated him called it fake anyway? Like that? I think it's like that.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I guess I could have read a little further.***

Jul 8, 2020, 12:49 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Actually, she married him to get him a visa and funding...

Jul 8, 2020, 9:09 PM [ in reply to oh, and she married her brother to get into this country ]

for 'university.' She was married to her first husband at the time and living with another man when she and her brother took their vows.

Message was edited by: ClemsonTiger1988®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh NOW you show up

Jul 8, 2020, 9:14 PM

I was thinking more in terms of punishment

Jul 8, 2020, 11:08 AM [ in reply to liberal cities dont care. she'll probably win ]

from the government, not election chances.

supposedly this is not against the law

Jul 8, 2020, 11:09 AM

for politicians lol.

The article mentioned potential FEC investigation

to make sure it doesn't appear there was special treatment for the firm.

i wont hold my breath***

Jul 8, 2020, 11:13 AM

"$878G" is a new way to represent money to me.

Is it an attempt to make people think billion because G is used for gigabyte? The space saving is 3 characters instead of writing "$878,000", so I don't think it's that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Why not $878k? Fox News lol***

Jul 8, 2020, 11:12 AM

^^^this is what libs take away from article. smh***

Jul 8, 2020, 11:14 AM

You lose your shít on headlines all the time.***

Jul 8, 2020, 11:16 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That wasn't my takeaway.***

Jul 8, 2020, 11:17 AM [ in reply to ^^^this is what libs take away from article. smh*** ]

wrong...it should read '$895k'***

Jul 8, 2020, 11:13 AM [ in reply to "$878G" is a new way to represent money to me. ]

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

So you're saying Fox News is wrong, right?

Jul 8, 2020, 11:15 AM

Your "wrong..." seems to imply I am wrong about something whenever I only provided speculative questions, so the answer to me would be "no".

Re: "$878G" is a new way to represent money to me.

Jul 8, 2020, 12:01 PM [ in reply to "$878G" is a new way to represent money to me. ]

you are arguing the difference in G's vs. K's......instead of the actual meat of the article. LOL

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It is odd, but your concern that Fox News is trying to make

Jul 8, 2020, 12:12 PM [ in reply to "$878G" is a new way to represent money to me. ]

people think that the Representative paid her husband's consulting firm $878 BILLION...because G is used for Gigabyte...is am impressive stretch.

null

Not really an "impressive stretch", but neat.

Jul 8, 2020, 12:22 PM

Reading quickly I double took on the number because I initially thought it was an outrageous number. But hey, "impressive stretch", got it buddy.

Glad we've sorted this out with all the defense, lol, you guys are fun sometimes.

As far as the meat, don't think you'll find a single person okay with it, and I've made it quite clear I don't think politics should be a career.

Okay, sorry Soccer. Didn't mean to offend. Just thought

Jul 8, 2020, 12:31 PM

the idea was pretty crazy. "G" for "Gigabite"...which apparently is a billion bites (I didn't know that)...which then would mean people think she's paying her husband hundreds of billions of dollars.

I don't know if there should be a law against it, but paying your hubby a half billion to advise on your digital marketing campaign seems ridiculously inappropriate. I guess the voters can decide.

null

Lol. Half million.

Jul 8, 2020, 1:36 PM

Hmm...kind of undermined my own argument there. :)

null

Re: Okay, sorry Soccer. Didn't mean to offend. Just thought

Jul 8, 2020, 9:24 PM [ in reply to Okay, sorry Soccer. Didn't mean to offend. Just thought ]

A Japanese gigabyte (GiB) is 1 billion bytes. A real gigabyte is more.

False. GiB is a Gibibyte and is 2^30 bytes

Jul 8, 2020, 9:35 PM

A GB is 10^9 bytes

Thanks, that was news to me

Jul 9, 2020, 12:07 AM

I went to check my hard drive on this computer, and sure enough a GB in OSX is equal to 10^9 bytes. Before 2009, it was 2^30 bytes like it still is in Windows. Ubuntu now also uses the 10^9 definition. Unix flavors for Cray, Sun, and SGI definitely used the 2^30 definition at least before 2000.

So GiB is a new term for what we used to call "real" gigabytes. It was the GB label on IDE/SATA drives that we called "Japanese" gigabytes and the GB on SCSI/SAS drives we called "real" gigabytes. The IDE/SATA would always format less than the size on the label and the SCSI/SAS would always format the same. nI threw the box away, but I could have sworn the 4TB drive I recently bought was labeled 4 TiB. The capacity is 4,000,768,323,584 bytes (3.63 TB according to windows, but 4 TB according to Ubuntu thru WSL)

Re: Ever wonder how politicians get rich?

Jul 8, 2020, 11:15 AM

If the only people studying Sociology were not leftists, I honestly believe it could be shown that there is some mental/environmental condition that prevents leftists from logical, rational thinking.

What is it?

I am serious...is there some combination of childhood events, low self-esteem, chemical imbalance in the brain, jealousy of the Jones' Porsche, lack of schooling in critical thinking skills, etc. that links all this together?

We know propaganda works based on historical events. Is that the simple answer? The MSM has done all this? Maybe there is a subset of people more susceptible to propaganda influence.

It would be interesting to study this.

You’re not exactly a shining example of logical, rational thinking

Jul 8, 2020, 4:19 PM

yourself, so I’d leave the judgement to others.

One of my best friends is a social worker

Jul 8, 2020, 4:41 PM [ in reply to Re: Ever wonder how politicians get rich? ]

he went into the field because of some drug possession felonies when he was 18 and 20. He ended up with a master's degree and is doing well for a 501c3 company. He had 30k of student loans wiped out after he took the job and didn't even know he would qualify.

Anyway, he figured that was one profession where people would not look down on him because of some stupid felonies. He was right. He is definitely not liberal.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Absolutely a problem

Jul 8, 2020, 11:28 AM

except she never said "dismantle the economy" stop spreading LIES!

Isn't it easy enough to go after a wackadoodle without rearranging the words to make them say something else?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

Wouldn’t it be great if Americans were infected with the

Jul 8, 2020, 11:32 AM

idea that scammy politicians and other low moral people, who employ a “win at all cost” mentality, shouldn’t be voted for or supported in any way?

Solutions?

Jul 8, 2020, 11:32 AM

Because I think this is a big problem with politics, but under the current system it is probably 100% legal.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

well, they make the laws sooooo, us citizens

Jul 8, 2020, 11:36 AM

have no recourse i dont think.

elections over and over haven't fixed this over the past 100 yrs.

Re: well, they make the laws sooooo, us citizens

Jul 8, 2020, 5:29 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 8, 2020, 11:45 AM

granted the laws were different but check the wealth LBJ accumulated on the side while in politics. At one point he owned one or more tv stations

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No question...

Jul 8, 2020, 11:50 AM

that and everyone of them selling and shorting stocks right before the pandemic hit and then being cleared of wrongdoing by themselves.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Could get richer being a mistress to the Prez***

Jul 8, 2020, 1:40 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 8, 2020, 3:36 PM

Yeah, there's a lot of that going around. Frankly, both the right and the left are being betrayed by it's leadership. They all need to go!

https://time.com/5863616/trump-ppp-bailout-loans/

https://www.propublica.org/article/trump-friends-and-family-cleared-for-millions-in-small-business-bailout

Replies: 51
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic