Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TAMU and "Dehydration"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

TAMU and "Dehydration"

Sep 9, 2019, 9:47 AM

I've seen a lot of TAMU fans and national media talking about their "dehydration issues" on Saturday, some using it as an excuse or at least implying it would've been a closer game

Reminds me of the '15 Notre Dame game in that you'd think the Aggies were the only ones who had to play in the heat, not both teams!!

A couple of great points of irony in the "it was too hot for us" narrative:

1. Some of you may remember, when we went to play TAMU in College Station in 2004, we had to ride like an hour to the stadium in school buses with no A/C and were gassed by the time we got to game. Ended up getting blown out in that one but got sweet revenge a year later with a last-second FG to win the game.

https://www.myplainview.com/news/article/Clemson-is-slammed-by-Texas-heat-Texas-A-M-8565249.php

2. One of TAMU's great program Legends is the story of Bear Bryant and the Junction Boys--where they went out into the hot Texas wilds to practice AND DIDN'T DRINK ANY WATER 'cause they were so tough!! Talk about wanting to have their cake and eat it too!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Junction_Boys

Great win on Saturday, I don't think we're getting enough credit for what we did in that game! I'll be interested to see how the Aggies turn out the rest of the season, starting in 2 weeks with Auburn.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fisher must have shared that excuse with Taggart

Sep 9, 2019, 9:51 AM

before he left Tallahassee

Ever been to College Station in early September?........

Sep 9, 2019, 9:54 AM

is the question I'd ask anyone.

So, why so many collapses contrasted to Clemson's lack of them? Sometimes, players get hurt, but that many on the ground throughout the game raises too many red flags. Hence, why I looked at most being of the "flopping" type.

Sympathy for those hurt even so slightly, none for the floppers.

Message was edited by: hartins®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TAMU and "Dehydration"

Sep 9, 2019, 9:57 AM

The questions are:
- Why didn't TAM Offensive players get dehydrated?
- Why didn't Clemson players suffer dehydration issues?

I sat right by the TAM medical "tent." A couple of the guys who were hurt on the field did end up in the tent. One had a bad shoulder stinger and couldn't move his left arm. Another had a lower leg issue. Mond looks like he pulled his calf muscle. The rest came to the sideline and sat on the bench. I didn't see them get so much as a cup of gatoraid.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TAMU and "Dehydration"

Sep 9, 2019, 10:06 AM

It's hot in Brazos County, Texas. They practice in heat at College Staton just like the Tigers do in Pickens County.

Dehydration was not the problem.

The Tigers imposing their WILL on the Aggies was the problem!

I would think Texas is hotter than SC

Sep 9, 2019, 10:07 AM

This should have been like a winter game for them.

Imagine the nerve of the 2 southernmost schools using dehydration and heat as the issue.

I'd expect Wisconsin or Michigan to lay an egg due to dehyradtion.

Gimmme a break.

Re: I would think Texas is hotter than SC

Sep 9, 2019, 11:37 AM

IT may be hotter but the humidity in SC is much worse than Texas. Now I don't believe any of the dehydration issues were real with the exception of Mond. Their #92 kept coming back into the game obviously injured. Even after reports from their bench said he wouldn't return he was back on the field. But the defensive side cramps were almost all made up. Reminds me of the LSU game in the Peach Bowl that started our rise to the top. LSU players were dropping like flies but amazingly never 2 on the same play.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i think its all these supplements they fill these kids with

Sep 9, 2019, 11:56 AM

these days. It wasn't just TAM it was LSU, FSU, and i'm sure many others. They need to quit using all that crap and just drink high quality H2O like Bobby Boucher says to.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic