Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Bold prediction for the season
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Bold prediction for the season

Aug 4, 2017, 7:51 AM

The ACC is the premier conference in college football. This was proven on the field last year. Playing good teams all year and facing adversity week in and week out gave us the practice we needed to defeat mighty Bama. I see this year working out a bit different. I think FSU will win every game they play this year, except one. Our Tigers. I can see Clemson undefeated ACC Champs and number one in the country. FSU will have wins against both teams playing in the little SEC title game. I think the ACC then becomes the first conference to have two teams in the playoff. I will take it a step further and say that FSU/Clemson will be the national championship game. Take that you little Paul Finebums.

GO TIGERS!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Bold prediction for the season

Aug 4, 2017, 7:52 AM

Dont forget you heard it here first, when my predictions become reality

possible

Aug 4, 2017, 7:55 AM

But not likely

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

After the Ohio State situation last year,

Aug 4, 2017, 8:00 AM

a non conference winner will need a couple of 2 loss conference champions to get in. Of course, that's just an opinion.

If it plays out like the OP describes

Aug 4, 2017, 1:50 PM

it would be about impossible for the committee to leave out FSU.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Even though we are defending champs

Aug 4, 2017, 8:17 AM

Zero chance we get in not as ACC champs. FSU has a shot. Only blue bloods and sec get that luxury. It is fun to embarrass the undeserving though. See O31O St. last year.

Aug 4, 2017, 8:36 AM

I love the sound of it! Unfortunately for the ACC though... I just don't see the media and espn letting that happen. As much as I dislike the SEC the media loves them. I would love to be wrong on this matter but I think bama returns this year. Clemson and Florida State both have a hard road to make it. I do believe it will come down to the November 11th match up. NC state is a wild card in the Atlantic also though and should make things interesting. Should make for a very crazy and exciting season and I'm looking forward to it! Hope your prediction is right though!

Aug 4, 2017, 8:54 AM

> The ACC is the premier conference in college
> football.
> GO TIGERS!!

I disagree....since the year 2000.....

SEC = 9 national titles

ACC = 3

In the last decade alone.....

SEC = 8 titles

ACC = 2

The facts simply don't lie but carry on.

That's Bama,not the SEC

Aug 4, 2017, 9:07 AM

Stop riding those coat tails,UGA has done nothing to contribute to that since 1980.

Aug 4, 2017, 9:16 AM [ in reply to Re: Bold prediction for the season ]

Yeah and at least 7 of those titles were awarded to the SEC because they were perceived to be the best ...... Bama playing LSU .... Pathetic .......Bama versus Notre Dame .... Worse than pathetic .........

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 4, 2017, 5:04 PM

> Yeah and at least 7 of those titles were awarded to
> the SEC because they were perceived to be the best
> ...... Bama playing LSU .... Pathetic .......Bama
> versus Notre Dame .... Worse than pathetic .........

preceived? where was the ACC in those seven years?

Aug 4, 2017, 9:32 AM [ in reply to Re: Bold prediction for the season ]

good stats. those mean nothing when talking about the present day. or hey, we could talk about 1980 if it makes you feel better

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 4, 2017, 9:32 AM [ in reply to Re: Bold prediction for the season ]

If we want to talk about the past.... Norte Dame, Oklahoma, and Nebraska were all power house teams of college football.... present day though the ACC is better than the SEC... facts from last season. I'm also willing to bet that it will be the same story. The only real team in the SEC right now is Bama. Everyone else is clinging to coat tails at the moment. The east has been non existent for the past several years. West is poor as well except for Alabama. As far as strength of schedule though... South Carolina, Vanderbilt, Georgia, Missouri, Tennessee, Florida, Kentucky.... man that's some serious power right there in the east????

Re: Stats

Aug 4, 2017, 10:01 AM [ in reply to Re: Bold prediction for the season ]

Since 2013
ACC - 2 National Titles
SEC - 1

Since 2016
ACC - 1 National Title
SEC - 0

We like stats too.

Aug 4, 2017, 9:04 AM

ACC was the premier conference LAST year.

Aug 4, 2017, 9:09 AM

I predict 0 acc teams make the playoffs

Clemson drops games to AU and UL/NCSt/VT.

FSU loses to Bama and Clemson.

Aug 4, 2017, 9:24 AM

That is definitely bold for this site.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Only in your dreams, Coot

Aug 4, 2017, 9:26 AM [ in reply to Re: Bold prediction for the season ]

It is too bad you Cluckers know nothing about football. Otherwise you wouldn't talk smack when you don't have anything to back it up.

Aug 4, 2017, 9:46 AM [ in reply to Re: Bold prediction for the season ]

Thx for some hard cold reality! Our fan base wants to think perfection happens every season. While I believe it is entirely possible for Clemson to return to the ACC championship and then the playoffs, because of the schedule and a less than experienced QB, I can easily see us with one or more losses. Worst case we could lose FOUR games potentially, but my point is nobody knows at this point. At 64 yrs of age, and having seen it all, nothing would surprise me.

FSU likely loses to Bama and one other foe so they too would fail to make the playoffs unless they won the ACC.

Let us expect excellence, but be prepared for any number of outcomes because the ACC is as challenging. Usuck fans have no clue compared to when they left forty plus years ago. They would lose multiple games.

Go Tigers!

Aug 4, 2017, 10:17 AM

I agree with you 100% about this season and the unknowns especially at QB. I would love to see another championship this year but it will be very tough. Based off of last year though (which is all we have seen as of right now.) how can anyone sit here and talk about the SEC still being the dominant conference in college football. The unknowns coming into every new season is just part of what makes NCAA football so great and so exciting to watch. Go Tigers!

Aug 4, 2017, 10:19 AM

In the scenario you describe the only things that would keep FSU out would be if 3 other P5 conferences had undefeated champs or if the SEC champ had only 1 loss and that loss was not to FSU (ex. SEC champ Auburn with only loss to Clemson would be in over non-ACC champ FSU whose only loss was also to Clemson).

I think you 1 year too early.******

Aug 4, 2017, 10:32 AM

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic