Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Sunday update: Gamecocks, punt return woes headline Sunday call
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

New Story: Sunday update: Gamecocks, punt return woes headline Sunday call

Nov 20, 2016, 7:33 PM

Sunday update: Gamecocks, punt return woes headline Sunday call

Two goals down with rivalry week on deck. Clemson completed its second team goal of the season with Saturday’s 35-13 victory at Wake Forest, clinching the ACC Atlantic Division and a berth in the ACC Championship Game. Next up is a date with rival South Carolina. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We will see how Ray Ray responds this week". Makes NO Sense Coach

Nov 20, 2016, 8:00 PM

He has put the Ball on the ground 7-8 times or more this season. Last night was critical because it killed momentum and allowed Wake to get back in the game briefly. Hoping to see Scott as Punt Returner against the. Shamecocks.

Think we can give Ray Ray some time off from punt return...

Nov 20, 2016, 8:10 PM

...duties. Focusing on his other responsibilities will keep him busy enough.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: if you can't catch then you can't return punts.

Nov 20, 2016, 8:22 PM

Not to mention he has called fair catches on occasion with 10+ yards of space. If he has potential then let him work on things in practice. I keep thinking he is going to cost us at some point. The one he took to the house, he dropped it on the front porch before actually getting in the house. He needs to take a few to the house just to break even at this point. Potential shouldn't be enough to get you on the field in prime time.

Nov 20, 2016, 10:57 PM

> Potential shouldn't be enough to get you on
> the field in prime time.

Yet people clamor for Feaster every time we have issues running the ball.

Nov 21, 2016, 10:37 AM

I clamor for Feaster to run to the outside where there is some space. All he needs is 1 step, but we have a hard time opening a hole where he can wriggle through it up the middle. Don't see Gallman having the same issues, but the line may be different, or block differently, for TF. I think he would be much more effective in space. JMO

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 21, 2016, 2:47 PM

watched when Feaster was in. Doesn't look like he is strong enough to run between the tackles. Plus he looked lost on pass protection. Looks like he is having trouble adjusting to speed of the college game, plus the fact that everyone on the field was a star in HS. Wish he had redshirted. Think he has lots of potential but needs to be in weight room and learn to pass block.

Nov 21, 2016, 7:54 PM

Feaster isn't ready. Neither is RR. Let them in the game on occasion. Not sure how they get to play in front of Mike Williams, Renfrow the baby face killer, and Scott steady as a rock. I still can't get over renfrow, zero stars and caught two TD in the Natty as a walk on true freshman.

Re: New Story: Sunday update: Gamecocks, punt return woes headline Sunday call

Nov 20, 2016, 8:23 PM

I am pulling for Ray Ray in all aspects of his game but I am also shocked at how patient the staff has been with his consistent mishandling of punts.
Give the job to Scott for the remainder of the season.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 21, 2016, 6:58 AM

I'm with you. If R-R can field 50 in a row and show confidence on the practice field, then give him a chance. Until then, stick with what's proven

Nov 20, 2016, 8:25 PM

Ease up on Ray Ray....he'll be fine.

I remember a certain sure handed receiver who is in the NFL right now muffing two punts against Scar in 2013 and pretty much giving them the game....

It's one thing to be sure handed then FU in a game versus...

Nov 20, 2016, 8:27 PM

...having a track record of FUs and still have responsibilities especially if you have other players who can easily take over. We ain't talking about a one time deal here.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It's one thing to be sure handed then FU in a game versus...

Nov 20, 2016, 8:28 PM

I know he's dropped a few and got them back but last night was the only one I remember us losing this year. Maybe I'm wrong.....

jhop83 To Be Fair, Humphries muffed one punt. Martavis allowed a Chicken to launch him

Nov 20, 2016, 9:57 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Sunday update: Gamecocks, punt return woes headline Sunday call ]

Into Humphries as the ball was arriving.

Even the ones RM3 caught seemed shaky

Nov 20, 2016, 8:30 PM

I dont think the avg of 7 extra yards/series is worth the risk

Re: This coming week is..

Nov 20, 2016, 8:30 PM

..THE GAME to end all. It is the most critical game to ever to be played year after year. Imo the ACC Championship is not as important, a playoff game is not as important and playing a NC game is not as important. I know a few gentlemen inside the "chicken" program and they think a lower tier sec team is stronger and tougher than a top tier ACC team. They feel like they are better than Pittsburgh and the Tiger Defense can't and won't stop their offense. I'm told they are itching to embarrass Clemson's offensive line. They really believe this will be the game that puts them back as the "dog" in this state. I responded that talk is cheap and you either put up or shut up. I expect the Tigers to open up a can of "whoop ###" and make it so nasty that the "chicks" may decide to disband their program. Now, SPOT THE D**N BALL

Nov 20, 2016, 9:01 PM

This logic is seriously flawed. The goal is to be nationally revered not just on a state level. I am a South Carolinian and a two time Clemson graduate and the USuCk game is not more important that the National Championship. Now it just so happens that we will destroy them on our way to the NC and that's fine. I understand that your pride is on the line but consistently winning NCs is the only way to prove that your conference is the best. I like being able to brag about dominating the gamecocks but I LOVE being able to brag about dominating all of college football!! In honesty, I feel this "rivalry" game is a waste of time at the end of the year. I wouldn't mind seeing it move to every 3 years, it would probably mean more.

Nov 20, 2016, 9:29 PM

have seen many conference championships, have seen domination of the "chicks" and it is extremely satisfying, have seen a NC in the books for the Tigers and have seen domination of other national powerhouse teams. That being said I understand the there are fans that never had the pleasure of experiencing this but as I said it is "IMO". Now, spot the D**N ball and stomp the "lamecocks".

Nov 21, 2016, 2:41 AM [ in reply to Re: This coming week is.. ]

The NC game is NOT more important than this one against SC! Lose this one and we will not be in the FOUR that get to compete for a chance to play in the NC.
This is the next game and is the most important. But for many of Clemson fans who have family members or neighbors or relatives that gave them hell for 5 years not long ago... this is the MOST important game, because of the ridicule they will have to endure for the next 12 months if we lose.

Nov 21, 2016, 7:34 AM [ in reply to Re: This coming week is.. ]

Like Dabo's line of thinking that a team can't be 12-0, until you're 11-0. Clemson won't be considered national champion by some unless they're are the state champion. If you are a South Carolinian, where were you when the 5 years of bull$hit came from the SCAR fanbase? SCAR supporters have a rude and nasty way of rubbing things in. My POV is that SCAR is a bowl-eligible team and need to be dealt with in a unquestionable show of strength. Once there is a 30 point difference in the 2nd half, call off the dogs. Until then, bar the door.

Nov 21, 2016, 9:12 AM

Never, ever call off the dogs when playing USuC! I don't care what the score is.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 20, 2016, 11:34 PM [ in reply to Re: This coming week is.. ]

Last year, they threw everything they had at us and had a great player in pharaoh Cooper who burned us a couple times. We also had some terrible turnovers that cost us. I think this year we won't see as much unpredictability from them and we just saw how bad they are at stopping the run up the middle. I don't think we cover the spread because we will run at will and run down the clock. That said, I hope we blow them to pieces on national tv at prime time.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What a fantasy world they live in.

Nov 21, 2016, 7:13 AM [ in reply to Re: This coming week is.. ]

They proved last weekend that they're only marginally better than a lower-tier SoCon team.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Nov 21, 2016, 11:43 AM [ in reply to Re: This coming week is.. ]

so... IF.. if clemson wins the NC.. after that game is over, you'll lay your head down at night and say "yeah.. we won the NC.. but, i'm still too giddy about the win over that team down in columbia that didn't even win enough games to go to a bowl"????

is THAT what you're telling me???

Nov 21, 2016, 11:46 AM

my bad.. didn't realize they've won 6.. i thought i heard dabo say "this is their last game" in talking about scar..

Nov 21, 2016, 12:28 PM [ in reply to Re: This coming week is.. ]

I am telling you SC fans are not going to give me grief for losing the NC nor for not getting to the NC cause they have not been there yet.
They will give me grief from this Sat till next Nvember if we lose this game, that is why it is the most important game to those of us that have to live with the results until next November. The 5peat was a tough 5 years that I hope we never have to live with again. I got tired of saying "wait till next year" but I never get tired of hearing it from SC fans!

I head the new plan was to get Renfrow to catch it and hand

Nov 20, 2016, 8:42 PM

it to Ray Ray.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

Actually "laughed out loud"...good one, RT!***

Nov 21, 2016, 10:56 AM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think I understand what the coaches want to do...

Nov 20, 2016, 10:19 PM

but at this point I don't know if it's worth risking it. McCloud is talented and I think he could be between make or break. If he makes it, it could be a huge game changer for us and he could play an important part toward the Natty. Unfortunately, that has not been the case.

McCloud has hit me as someone who lacks concentration--the drop pass against Louisville that caused an INT, dropped ball on punt return against Troy and the punt returns.

I think our coaches want him to do punt return this year and then give this job to the next man next year. McCloud should be one of our top receivers next year and so giving another guy an opportunity will help building the program at full stream.

As of now, I think it's too risky to put him at this position. Maybe after we lead at least 4 TDs against SCar, we let him try again.

I can't believe a reporter asked the head coach

Nov 20, 2016, 10:40 PM

if he would rest players for the rivalry game against a bowl-eligible SEC foe when losing could knock us out of the playoffs.

null

That sounds more like a question that they needed to ask.

Nov 21, 2016, 1:35 AM

Not necessarily a question they didn't know the answer.

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic