Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Meet Nick Schuessler
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 35
| visibility 1

New Story: Meet Nick Schuessler

Oct 17, 2014, 7:01 AM

Meet Nick Schuessler

Clemson quarterback Nick Schuessler is just one snap away from taking over the reins of Clemson's offense, and after spending his first two years on campus running the scout team he is anxious to show he's ready for the challenge. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Meet Nick Schuessler

Oct 17, 2014, 7:08 AM

Sounds like a due payer. Glad he is on the team. We could need him at a moments notice.

Oct 17, 2014, 7:29 AM

Do all our players call the head coach by first name? "Dabo"?

that's not his first name.

Oct 17, 2014, 8:02 AM

but i get what you're saying. not as respectful as "Coach Swinney."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: that's not his first name.

Oct 17, 2014, 12:19 PM

I seriously doubt that he would call him that if Coach wanted him to refer to him otherwise.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

With all his success, his highest salary was $25,000 a year. The president of the university, Dr. R. F. Poole, feared that professors who earned less would be upset. "He called me up and said that he didn't want me to tell anybody what I made," Howard once said. "I said: 'Doc, you don't have to worry. I'm as ashamed as you are of what you pay me.' " - Frank Howard Obituary, New York Times, 01/27/1996

Oct 17, 2014, 6:27 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Meet Nick Schuessler ]

now if they came out calling him William.. then i would be kind of pissed.. but Dabo is his nickname and that's what most of them call him. Some call him Coach Swinney.. it just depends.. Hell I am not even in school anymore but when I met him I called him coach and he looked at me weird.. I said its what we call our coaches growing up so I will call you that.. he said that's pretty freaking cool lol so funny love that dude..

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In his defense, it's as hard to imagine calling him

Oct 18, 2014, 6:41 AM

Coach Swinney as it is to imagine calling the coordinators Chad or (particularly) Brent. You have to have a good cop and you have to have a bad cop but I suspect that at least part of the reason we have beat 22 unranked teams in a row is that the three of them have gotten really good at swapping roles and keeping it fresh. That said, in would bet you that the coordinators are the ones dishing out the tough love until something goes REALLY wrong.

Oct 17, 2014, 7:48 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Meet Nick Schuessler ]

Hope you make all the Tiger fans proud!!

Oct 17, 2014, 8:02 AM

I would love to know what he thinks about Nkemdiche. I'm sure when he came he thought rn would come too. Interesting

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep ... He was on scholarship at Miss. State

Oct 17, 2014, 8:09 AM

He's earned one at Clemson now, but it seemed sort of weird that he walked away from Miss St. in order to walk on at Clemson.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 17, 2014, 10:42 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Meet Nick Schuessler ]

I seem to recall rumors of a girlfriend from Loganville enrolling at Clemson being a big part of Nick's decision. I also remember a story that Robert may have lived with Nick for a while in high school, and supposedly thought of him as a brother. If this is the case, I'd love to hear what Nick has to say about the saga. Spill the beans Nick!

Oct 17, 2014, 10:53 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Meet Nick Schuessler ]

In the interview he said he still talks to him every week

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Even if Cole doesn't re injure his shoulder, next year at QB

Oct 17, 2014, 8:04 AM

we've got Watson who has already had 2 broken bones in 6 months as the starter, Nick, and a pair of true freshmen who'd we'd probably like to redshirt. Looks like he's going to be getting some playing time. Hopefully this year it will just be in mop up duty against Wake and Syracuse. The loss of Kelly really is notable.

Re: Even if Cole doesn't re injure his shoulder, next year at QB

Oct 17, 2014, 8:08 AM

havent you heard. its all about bone density. watson needs to drink more milk.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 17, 2014, 9:52 AM

Yeah!! Bone dentistry!! WHOLE MILK!

You mean Ovaltine, right?

Oct 17, 2014, 11:36 AM [ in reply to Re: Even if Cole doesn't re injure his shoulder, next year at QB ]

nm

Oct 17, 2014, 8:56 AM [ in reply to Even if Cole doesn't re injure his shoulder, next year at QB ]

If Cole is a QB next year, it will mean that he made it to the pros some where, b/c he won't be a QB at Clemson unless the NCAA has changed some rules.:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And he can take snaps from under center...***

Oct 17, 2014, 8:10 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Like that will happen when it actually should...

Oct 17, 2014, 11:09 AM

Chabo has proven stubbornly that they prefer 4th and 6 as opposed to 4th and inches.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message.

I hope to see him play...because Cole has run up the score.***

Oct 17, 2014, 8:51 AM

Oct 17, 2014, 9:21 AM

I've been anxious to see this guy play. It would be a good thing to get him reps as soon as possible. But as long as Cole is doing his job, he'll more than likely just come in for mop up duty. Either way, he needs to be ready just in case Cole gets injured. GO TIGERS!!

Oct 17, 2014, 9:27 AM

He was asked to play the part of Logan Thomas. Odd that our staff needed someone to be overrated , slow through their progressions and completely incompetent when the game is hanging in the balance.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

^^^hahaha^^^

Oct 17, 2014, 9:45 AM

Well the good news is he did it to perfection, cause we beat them twice!

Oct 17, 2014, 2:54 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Meet Nick Schuessler ]

He has already played this year in mop up duty. looked pretty good

I like this guy !***

Oct 17, 2014, 9:57 AM

Re: I like this guy !***

Oct 17, 2014, 10:00 AM

??- Close to earning a restraining order .

DB23

Oct 17, 2014, 11:23 AM

Whatever happened to Olsen? He was highly announced when he arrived.......since then...nothing......

Anybody else find it odd he said "Dabo" twice??***

Oct 17, 2014, 11:59 AM

I saw that too, no doubt he's an alien.

Oct 17, 2014, 12:21 PM

What's that planet where they say stuff twice?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Those idiots said Wayne G was part of the deal too.***

Oct 17, 2014, 12:22 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Seems like a great kid. Hope he finds some success

Oct 17, 2014, 1:00 PM

on the field. No doubt he will be successful after he graduates.

Oct 17, 2014, 2:59 PM

Great read Nick. You've got a winners mentality and are a Clemson Tiger to boot! Thanks for being a Tiger!

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 17, 2014, 8:30 PM

Hey do we see Nick on the forth series since he is one play away from the starter?

Oct 18, 2014, 5:47 AM

Nick, thanks for all you do. Scout team QB seems like it is an unheralded job on the team, but you have done a great job helping to prepare the Tiger Defense. Keep up the great work and look forward to seeing you in the game running the Offense this weekend at BC !!! GO TIGERS ! ! !

wish swag was still back up***

Oct 18, 2014, 6:59 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: wish swag was still back up***

Oct 18, 2014, 7:47 AM

Guys, you live in the sat to much. I wish I was 21 again and going to Clemson. It ain't going to happen! Change the things you can change to make it better, or don't worry about it. Some decisions are made because it is what I do, but if that doesn't work for whatever the reason is, it time to try something else. Like snaps under center or two tailbacks with multiple options....simple things that might work. Don't be predictable!

Replies: 35
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic