Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson struggled with S.Carolina?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 3,140

Clemson struggled with S.Carolina?

Dec 2, 2015, 6:56 PM

So let me get this straight... Clemson struggled with SC, yet at no point other than when the game was 0-0 was Clemson ever in danger of falling behind much less losing. SC NEVER had a possession in which they could take the lead. The closest the game got was 28-25, what did Clemson do on its next possession? Drove right down the field to go up by 10. How is that struggling? or almost losing? There was only 1 lead change in the entire game (7-0)!!! Can't say the same thing for Bamma vs. Auburn. Auburn had the ball midway through the 4th with a chance to take the lead when it was 19-13. This committee is pathetic! They are under pressure to separate Bamma and OU so they are setting the stage. The question I have, is how can OU or Bamma improve their resume vs Clemson this week? OU is done and Bamma plays #18 FL vs us playing #10 UNC. Even a "struggle" vs the #10 team has to be more impressive than a blowout of an overrated FL team that scored 2 points last week!

If we win and they move us to #2 behind Bamma, the fix was in from the start. I think the committee ranked us #1 (and rightfully so) 5 weeks ago with the thought that, Clemson has the best resume at this point, but they will lose (like the usually do) over the next 5 games. But much to their disappointment we kept winning! and to make things more problematic, the SEC kept looking worse and worse.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Citadel Struggled with South Carolina?

Dec 2, 2015, 6:58 PM

Asking for a coot

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

not sure what your point is

Dec 2, 2015, 7:03 PM

Maybe I should have referenced the quote from the committee

"Well, we had additional pieces to the résumé," Long said. "We saw a Clemson team struggle against a South Carolina team, that same South Carolina team that beat North Carolina at the beginning of the year. Clemson struggled with a 37-32 win there. That team is a 3-9 team. And then we saw Alabama play an Auburn team in a rivalry game and win that game, so those are two more pieces to those résumés that allowed us to look deeper into that No. 1 and No. 2 ranking."

Re: not sure what your point is

Dec 2, 2015, 7:04 PM

Check your sarcasm meter

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Broken meetur***

Dec 3, 2015, 9:03 AM

So Clemson USuC is not a riavlry game?***

Dec 3, 2015, 8:48 AM [ in reply to not sure what your point is ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Someone should ask Long that

Dec 3, 2015, 8:50 AM

Alabama gets credit for Auburn but we don't for South Carolina.

So obvious.

Even if Bama wins and we lose this week we still have a

Dec 2, 2015, 7:09 PM

better resume' ... and that's just the plain truth.

It won't matter to the selection committee, but it's the truth.

A 12-1 Clemson team with a loss to #10 UNC is still better than a 12-1 Bama team that lost to Ole Miss.

But the selection committee would say "Nope" ...

So we just gotta win this week and then we'll have a long time to heal up and game plan for who ever the other teams are.

Go Tigers! Beat the Heels!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Even if Bama wins and [ EXPLETIVES DELETED ]...

Dec 3, 2015, 8:45 AM

While the CFP Committee is an improvement from the past processes, they still have shown that they are biased toward certain teams... and while bamer is at the top of that bias list, don't forget Ohio State was ho-hum and had NO signature wins yet still started in the top 4, and stayed UNTIL they lost to MSU. And OBTW: look where they are now...

BOTTOM LINE: Clemson: BEAT THE H**L OUT OF THE TARHEELS (tho not necessary, as "just a win" - probably CFP Committee spin - still gets you into the CFP, just not at No. 1) and then you just have to win the next two games by 1...

...and then when all the losers and haters start to point out all the lame excuses, EF EM, because a W is a W, always has, and always will be!

Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

........ and BAMA lost big to Clemson's 2nd string QB***

Dec 3, 2015, 8:25 AM

3rd string***

Dec 3, 2015, 8:57 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have been saying for a couple weeks now, the CFPC

Dec 3, 2015, 9:01 AM

will manipulate the final ranking so an OK vs Bama final if possible. Those are the two name brand teams still in the mix and they will try to make that happen, either by flipping us and Bama, or dropping OK to 4th,if we dominate UNC.

Message was edited by: longtallsam®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson struggled with S.Carolina?

Dec 3, 2015, 9:12 AM

This narrative is getting very old. I literally heard Verne Lundquist pompously say "Clemson ONLY won by 5 today" while Alabama was ahead by 6 in the 4th quarter

I just want to see the Tigers put an end to this - back to back wins vs. OK and Bama will do that

So, the committee that has had us ranked

Dec 3, 2015, 10:18 AM

#1 in every poll is pathetic? The fix is in? What fix. This is not the NCAA tournament where seeding can screw a team. We win Saturday and we are in the playoffs and that is all that matters. I swear some of you seem to go looking for ways to get your ulcers flared up.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I want to see contrasting styles in the Semi-final BG's

Dec 3, 2015, 10:38 AM

I don't want to play Okla and watch Bama play Mich St/Iowa.

It's better, and more interesting, to have a spread team play a pro-style team on both and let the chips fall where they may.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I get the orange colored glasses thing, I really do

Dec 3, 2015, 12:30 PM

I wear them frequently myself. The problem wasn't that we won, the problem was that a 2-9 team who got beat by the Citadel the week before put up 400 yards and 32 points on us. Like it or don't like it, that's what the committee was looking at.

I'm not a fan of the "eye test" and the inherent subjectivity of the CFP Committee process. It's disconcerting that Condoleeza Rice has any influence on the results of our guys performance or it's future. I'm for at least an 8 team playoff and 16 sounds even better.

At the same time I think that we're also seeing the same old "SEC is just better" perspective influencing the committee. The fact is that Alabama lost to a fair Miss. State team and struggled against a 6-5 Auburn. But I think as time goes by and we can continue to win then we'll get the recognition and the 'bias' other's have enjoyed.

Go Tigers!

Replies: 15
| visibility 3,140
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic