Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
R. Gary
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 4,332

R. Gary

Sep 8, 2015, 9:17 PM

Any new news on him and his recruitment? Heard he was coming out with a top 5 soon?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

247 has the latest on Gary***

Sep 8, 2015, 9:50 PM

Sounds like we're out of it

Sep 8, 2015, 10:28 PM

SEC bound

No one knows jack s***

Sep 8, 2015, 11:30 PM

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Even before reading the article

Sep 8, 2015, 11:36 PM

I would have been surprised if he gave us an official visit

Re: Even before reading the article

Sep 8, 2015, 11:53 PM

Official visit plans change all the time. Let's just leave it at that

Sep 9, 2015, 5:29 AM

Let's be real better shot at Dexter, and no shot at them both.

Sep 9, 2015, 6:28 AM

Need to get him into Death Valley for the ND or FSU games . Have his uncle be the emcee and let his host be Watson or Wilkins .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Sep 9, 2015, 8:58 AM [ in reply to Re: Even before reading the article ]

Yeah, I'm thinking we should land Lawrence. Based on his stated preferences for a school's atmosphere, we'd be a perfect fit for him; just a matter of distance at this point.

Boo on this answer. Not sure if its childish or self promoting.***

Sep 8, 2015, 10:30 PM [ in reply to 247 has the latest on Gary*** ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Boo on this answer. Not sure if its childish or self promoting.***

Sep 8, 2015, 10:39 PM

It's true they do

Just looking at the facts....

Sep 9, 2015, 9:06 AM

Not sure I'd say we're out of it just yet for several reasons. He has an uncle who lives in Anderson. While Dabo wasn't here for his visit, they did communicate via Skype and all reports state that Rashan and his mother enjoyed the stop in Clemson. Another thing is there appears to be no leader according to his mom, “Honestly, I don’t think Rashan is leaning anywhere. He doesn’t have a favorite, but he likes several of the programs.” Coney said recently.

As far as narrowing down the list though, they've mentioned that they wish to visit USC and Notre Dame and potentially release a favorites after that. Taking official visits could prove challenging for him due to the fact that his school plays on Saturdays. As of now, stops to USC and Notre Dame are planed but not scheduled while a November 28th visit to Auburn is slated. Don't expect the list to come out this month as it could take a while. His announcement is scheduled to take place on January 2nd at

Here's the latest highlights: http://www.scout.com/college/football/recruiting/story/1583665-rashan-gary-game-one-highlights

Here's a brief breakdown on a few alleged favorites-

Alabama- The Tide staff is pressing hard for him and has sent an assistant up to New Jersey to speak to him. He also visited there in June. He also likes their reputation for getting guys to the league.

Auburn- As mentioned, Gary has planned a visit there for the Iron Bowl. They visited there in June and were so impressed that a July visit was planned but cancelled due to a conflict of scheduling. He is friends with OL prospect Greg Little and the two speak often. They could end up at the same school and Little is looking at Auburn too. His mother also had plenty to say about Auburn. They'll likely make his favorites list.

Clemson- One thing you'll notice is that most pundits haven't ruled us out just yet when noting a few major players in his recruitment. Rashan knows that freshmen have the ability to play early at Clemson and another visit could be very telling for us. Rashan and his mother also met with the school president during their visit. After landing Christian Wilkins last season it's hard to rule out the Tigers who can recruit with the best of them.

Georgia
- Rashan visited there this summer and said it was a "definite 10." His mother did express concerns about their 3-4 scheme and how her son would fit into it.

LSU- The Tigers received a visit from him in August as he watched them practice. He walked away saying great things about them and hinted at a return visit.

Michigan- A popular pick for his services for several reasons. Gary's former coach Chris Partridge is the new director of recruiting operations. Partridge and Rashan's mother have a good relationship and are very familiar with one another. Additionally, two former teammates of Gary's, Jabrill Peppers and Juwann Bushell-Beatty, are also Wolverines.

Notre Dame- Much like the Boudreaux recruitment, Gary also attends a Catholic school and sees the similarities with Notre Dame as a positive thing. They'll receive a visit but no date has been set as of now. “They’re cool. I like them because they’re building a relationship with me and also with my family.”

Ohio State- Urban Meyer and the Buckeyes have made him a top priority this year. They've already sent an assistant coach to see him and are in constant communication with him. Gary also visited Columbus earlier this year.

Ole Miss- The Rebels got a visit from him this summer and are in hot pursuit of him. Much like Auburn if Greg Little decides to take his talents to Oxford then Gary could follow.

USC- Rashan and his mother have been very adamant on a trip to see the Trojans. In fact, the pair said they don't plan on cutting down the list until they make it to LA. Sarkisian and the new regime at Southern Cal have done a pretty good job recruiting some top talent recently.

More on Clemson-

His mother on Coach Swinney- "He's a really nice guy," Coney said. "What I liked about him most of all was that he said I want you to go out there and visit as many schools as you can and get a good feel on them. If you feel Clemson is the place, come back. I've never heard a college coach say that. That was refreshing."

A great visit- “They were very welcoming. They were very inviting,” Coney said. “They were very hospitable. All of my questions were answered immediately when I asked them. I took a great college tour. I met with the president and even went to his home. It was really nice. You can tell southern hospitality. It’s so different from up here. Nobody seemed to be in a rush.”

“I was very impressed with Clemson. For me, I haven’t been to too many schools as of yet,” she said. “Rashan has been to a few other schools with his teammates, so I was in awe. It was a very nice facility. Very good academics in the way that they explain how Rashan would be successful academically – that was the key to my visit. For Rashan, he was going to go to college whether he played football or not. He wants to play football. I want Rashan to go to college and come home with a degree.

A positive?- "I don't want him that close," Coney said. "I want him to make his decision without having to check thru me. He's been raised right. He has a good perspective of right and wrong. He may end up ten minutes away, or he may end up five hours away.

Re: Just looking at the facts....

Sep 9, 2015, 9:26 AM

When asked who is recruiting him the hardest clemson wasn't mentioned. When asked about clemson he pretty much says I hear from them from time to time.

His uncle may live 25m away but it's not play into where he goes. Let's take off the orange sunglasses and realize our percentage of landingredients him is low BUT our % for Dexter is much much higher. I feel like Dexter is the better player for clemson.

Replies: 12
| visibility 4,332
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic