Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Nation's top receiver talks "great" Clemson visit, including a game of HORSE with Dabo
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

TNET: Nation's top receiver talks "great" Clemson visit, including a game of HORSE with Dabo

Mar 11, 2019, 7:01 AM

Nation's top receiver talks "great" Clemson visit, including a game of HORSE with Dabo

Clemson rolled out the red carpet treatment for the nation’s best wide receiver this past weekend, a treatment that included a lot of 1-on-1 time with head coach Dabo Swinney and a game of H-O-R-S-E. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Nation's top receiver talks "great" Clemson visit, including a game of HORSE with Dabo

Mar 11, 2019, 7:28 AM

PSU fans want to think because his girlfriend goes to PSU, he will too. We will see.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Nation's top receiver talks "great" Clemson visit, including a game of HORSE with Dabo

Mar 11, 2019, 7:45 AM

Got Dabo’d

Mar 11, 2019, 9:23 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Nation's top receiver talks "great" Clemson visit, including a game of HORSE with Dabo ]

Clemson will have room for her also, and if not, Dabo will see to it that room is made to accommodate her!!! I just don't see that him and her being at the same school would ever be a problem at Clemson university!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Only the coaches know how good because you can’t let everything out there”

Mar 11, 2019, 7:47 AM

I’m reading that in a positive way

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Love the many positive & astute statements he made...

Mar 11, 2019, 7:57 AM

shows he’s in tune..is taking it all in seriously as well as having fun too..and really Gets it concerning the character & personalities of Coach Swinney & Scott.

Plus, he & QB CJ are projecting themselves as a two-some at Tigertown and winning together.

All you can ask for!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oregon is on his list for show. If he and CJ are going to

Mar 11, 2019, 10:03 AM

team up, it has to be Clemson.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Dude abides

Re: “Only the coaches know how good because you can’t let everything out there”

Mar 11, 2019, 12:01 PM [ in reply to “Only the coaches know how good because you can’t let everything out there” ]

That sounds like a silent commit between the 2 of them.

Mar 11, 2019, 8:14 AM

:)

dinner with players. Question on the bill.

Mar 11, 2019, 8:14 AM

I assume a school is allowed to pay for a meal like this that includes a prospect and one or more current players. Or is it an extra benefit for the current players? And can they have 2 desserts?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Even Will Wade knows

Mar 11, 2019, 8:19 AM

You can not have two desserts. Other stuff maybe?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 11, 2019, 8:59 AM

Watch his film . He could be a great DB on this level . He's really physical , looks like he enjoys blocking for teammates ... I mean he's fast and has great hands ... this kid is a football player !

Come to Clemson , Mr. Fleming !

DB23

Mar 11, 2019, 9:39 AM

Our receivers blocking for who ever has, or for who ever the ball is going to, that has been a huge plus for Scott's receivers. Jeff Scott coaches up a complete receiver of all aspects of what helps themselves and other receivers that are on the field at the same time. Blocking down field has been a huge plus for Hunter Renfrow's success as a receiver. Our receiver know basically where the ball is going, and they will help each other out with making yards after the catch. We see them all the time laying the wood to a defender down field... I think we all can say without any doubts, that Jeff Scott is a h&11 of a receivers COACH!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 11, 2019, 12:42 PM

We now have so many players with breakaway talent and downfield blocking skills that Clemson has become the model for long scoring plays.

When "there's orange in the end zone", it's never just one. Most times more Tigers than defenders pursue our ball carrier into the end zone, because so many made the trip with him. Tay Scott was the best blocking technician I'd ever seen at the WR position; Renfrow is good, too, especially when he picks his spots; and Mike Williams, GHop, Brown, all those guys loved to put those big bodies on little DBs. (When they weren't carrying them, i mean.)

When you've got guys like Trevor and Tee just running interference for 70 yards without even having to hit anyone, it becomes extremely discouraging to those guys who are supposed to be pursuing.

Great young, hungry Tigers!

Mar 11, 2019, 1:03 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Nation's top receiver talks "great" Clemson visit, including a game of HORSE with Dabo ]

Agreed and Charone Peak made some huge blocks down field! I can’t remember the quote but on one big play I remember the receiver saying “all I saw was Charone knocking the guy down and I ran..”.

Let’s hope the last quote from him means good things! Go Tigers!

Mar 11, 2019, 9:11 AM

That last line sure sounds like a silent commit...is that David Hood’s way of telling us.

Mar 11, 2019, 9:45 AM

I'm pretty sure that these recruits have been schooled well by our coaching staff that, if they don't want it known to the public, then don't discuss with any media personnel, not even off the record!!!

Mar 11, 2019, 1:18 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Nation's top receiver talks "great" Clemson visit, including a game of HORSE with Dabo ]

Certainly sounds like the way he phrased it that he was trying to say silent commit... Maybe not - but at least I can hope!! After all - I am always Hopeful... -:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

That’s the 2nd “prospect” to wear the hallowed #4

Mar 11, 2019, 3:59 PM

I really wish they would take that number out of the jersey room altogether! I cringed from Clemson to Myrtle Beach when DW asked to wear the “Great One’s” number. But, he MORE than did the number justice. He turned into possibly my all time favorite Tiger. The type of Man you dream your daughter brings home one day! Anyway, Fuller & Watson are two shoes that no one can fill. It’s a 4A, 4A1 kind of thing. I know the #1 receiver gets special consideration, but what about the defensive kid wanting to wear THE number? We have an under performing retired number on the field right now. I think it should be a prove it on the field first, kind of thing. Show me you have the heart, the leadership, the soul, and bleed orange & purple. That the team comes first. Not Kelly Bryant team first speak. Live it. Prove it. Earn it. Or else every four years #28, #4, and at some point the #66 of Banks McFadden will be dragged out. If they don’t get out in front of this, the three retired numbers will be a waste of time. CJ will always hold a special place in my heart. It felt like he put the whole team on his back his senior year, limping, and still carried us to knock on the door we hadn’t seen in a long time. That ACC Championship game was amazing. I know we lost, but for him to win player of the game, in a losing effort, was one of the greatest Clemson performances I have ever seen. He could barely walk, yet he ran like the wind that day. I’m rambling! Lol! Great memories! Those numbers are forever linked to true Clemson heroes. To muddy them with more players, I feel is a disservice.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 11, 2019, 4:13 PM

I don't care who he is or what he said. Get him out of the GOAT's jersey STAT.

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic