Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Etienne
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 80
| visibility 1

Etienne

Sep 14, 2018, 7:33 PM

Why the ..... is he not getting more touches in big games? I get saving his legs for late in the season, but @ A&M, he needs to touch the ball more than 8 times- or whatever it was. Don't care what the defense is doing, that guy runs hard and makes plays!

FEED HIM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Etienne

Sep 14, 2018, 7:38 PM

Cause there's no where for him to run.

Sep 14, 2018, 10:26 PM

Was there more room for KB to run? I think he ran 15 times.

Sep 14, 2018, 10:55 PM

Maybe it was bad reads by KB at A&M. I would like to see what Tavien Feaster can do. I know he was hurt but the few times I have seen him run this year he looked quicker going through the line. I know Trevor Lawrence missed pitching Feaster the ball on one play at A&M but let see what he can do unless he is hurt.

Sep 14, 2018, 7:42 PM

if our oline was elite, hes be getting 50 carries a game

Sep 14, 2018, 7:43 PM

This is a fresh topic , so happy that you brought it up .
Travis made a couple of big runs. Scored a TD . Whether or not he could have done more is a subject for discussion , but he certainly looks like he is stronger in the lower body to me for 2018 .

#FreeTravis

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Sep 14, 2018, 8:18 PM

Sorry Dug, no discussion needed. He could do more. Why our qb runs more than our RBs is a better discussion. If we’re blaming the o-line play that is... same blockers of course.

Free the RBs. Elliot needs to hear it loud and clear from all.

Then tell Elliott, not Tnet.***

Sep 14, 2018, 8:25 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: Then tell Elliott, not Tnet.***

Sep 14, 2018, 8:27 PM

Haha. Great argument. I forgot. We can’t debate football on this football board without calling the coach first.

Thanks, will do. Got his phone #?

“Elliot needs to hear it loud and clear from all.”

Sep 14, 2018, 8:34 PM

Your words, not mine. I’m telling you you’re in the wrong place to talk to Elliott. Now if you’re just here to whine...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: “Elliot needs to hear it loud and clear from all.”

Sep 14, 2018, 8:37 PM

Fair point. But we all vent on here. Do you think we’ve called the best games we could with our talent? Point is, if fans voice their frustration with the play calling maybe something will change. Past has been great, but the past. We can’t continue calling games like we are. When I know what we’re doing as an “idiot fan” these defensive coordinators have to be laughing how we’re taking all of our weapons and recruiting out of the picture.

The play calling has been like this every season for the...

Sep 14, 2018, 8:41 PM

past 3 seasons. We run a very vanilla, and not very flexible offense for much of the season. By the end of the season we open it up, and we peak in the playoffs. Could we do things differently? Maybe. Am I going to argue with OCs that have won the ACC every year, made the playoffs every year, made two NC games, and won a NC, beating what many called the best defense in college football history? No.

Re: The play calling has been like this every season for the...

Sep 14, 2018, 8:47 PM

Did the OCs or DW cover them up checking out of bad plays... honest question here. He was either the best Clemson ever saw like many say, or Elliot did it all...

Where would you rank Bryant on the hierarchy of all time

Sep 14, 2018, 8:51 PM

Clemson QBs?

Re: Where would you rank Bryant on the hierarchy of all time

Sep 14, 2018, 9:17 PM

Tough question.. bc he plays QB higher than he should be.. still not top 5. Greta heart and will though.

Then our OCs deserve a ton of credit for last season’s

Sep 14, 2018, 9:24 PM

playoff run.

Re: Then our OCs deserve a ton of credit for last season’s

Sep 14, 2018, 9:45 PM

Our D carried us last year.
You must have not gotten the memo.
;)

Trap crap... No. Your 'acceleration' argument didn't play.***

Sep 14, 2018, 9:49 PM [ in reply to Then our OCs deserve a ton of credit for last season’s ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’m sorry, what?***

Sep 14, 2018, 9:51 PM

Bryant rank vs. 'results' ... trap question. You related to

Sep 14, 2018, 10:05 PM

GWP...? ;~)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He asked if Watson was the reason for our success...

Sep 14, 2018, 10:09 PM

I pointed out that the OCs did pretty well with a QB that wasn’t as good, according to him. Trap?

they have called perfect games so far this year

Sep 14, 2018, 9:00 PM [ in reply to Re: “Elliot needs to hear it loud and clear from all.” ]

win and move on

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

....??? Yea,... right.***

Sep 14, 2018, 10:07 PM

Bully...

Sep 14, 2018, 8:28 PM [ in reply to Then tell Elliott, not Tnet.*** ]

As expected :)

Go Tigers!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Haha...

Sep 14, 2018, 8:37 PM

The two of you can chat it up all you want... on tmail.

Re: Haha...

Sep 14, 2018, 8:45 PM

Starting to think your head is as hard as the wood in the Forrest you’re named after... get over yourself. We have opinions. Don’t like em, jog on. No need for a bashing party or public flogging. I stand by, we CAN play better. And don’t care about past results. If you think we’ve peaked, then you don’t believe in progress or see the things even Dabo says we didn’t do right each week.

When was last time Dabo said, we made no mistakes, we played perfect. No need to change or get better.. I’ll wait for a non sarcastic non tree headed response...

Message was edited by: CUinTampa

My head is hard because what’s in it is valuable.

Sep 14, 2018, 8:49 PM

I didn’t say you can’t have an opinion, but constant belly aching on tnet is tiresome.

Re: My head is hard because what’s in it is valuable.

Sep 14, 2018, 8:59 PM

Not belly aching. Opinions like you said. If we didn’t have em what would this bored be. All sunshine and rainbows? Debate is part of the sport. I think ETN is a hiesman type talent getting wasted. Use him. I believe our recievers are unmatched, use em. That’s my point. If Elliot can’t cut a game plan that can, then he can’t cut it. If it’s Bryant’s fault, then say it. But we can’t say Bryant won xyz games and this and that then not hold anyone responsible for not utilizing the weapons we have. We better. We should win. We have sooooo much talent as a fan I just want to see them used

Sep 14, 2018, 8:50 PM [ in reply to Re: Haha... ]

Pretty sure Dabo will tell you that he and his coaches know much more about what plays should be called or who gets the ball.

Sep 14, 2018, 8:56 PM

That response ignored the comment. Does Dabo believe we need improvement or not. Did he not say we’re not getting RBs the ball enough or not? Don’t piggy back an arguement. Look like the tiny frat guy backing a friend without cause or reason. Make a valid argument bud.

Did Dabo say we need to get the RB the ball more?***

Sep 14, 2018, 8:57 PM

null

Message was edited by: Francis Marion®

Re: Did Dabo say we need to get the RB the ball more?***

Sep 14, 2018, 9:01 PM

Yes. He did

Sep 14, 2018, 9:03 PM

Then I could easily say... “Don’t piggy back”. If Dabo told us, the fans, then I’m sure he and Elliott have discussed it. Not sure why I need to tell Elliott too.

Message was edited by: Francis Marion®

Sep 14, 2018, 9:11 PM

So you’re arguing with Dabo now or me for the fun of it? Just want to be clear. Rather be Germans than arguing with fellow fans bc. Well I have 59k points and that’s what I do on Saturday nights

Arguement is slightly different. Dabo said we need to run the ball more. I agree. But also open it up more. Not be so vanilla in the play calling

I’m talking to you, not arguing with anyone...

Sep 14, 2018, 9:23 PM

For the last time, you said... “Elliot needs to hear it loud and clear from all.”

I said this is not the best place to get your message to Elliott. You went on to say that Dabo has already addressed the issue, so what do you want from us? Would you like us to parrot Dabo? Doubtful, since you don’t like piggy backing. Is there a call to action? If so, what is it?

My guess is it’s just more whining, which we’ve all heard a dozen times already this week. Maybe your whining is more important than others? If that’s the way you feel then I say “get over yourself”.

"Get over yourself"... Yeah, that's about right for you.

Sep 14, 2018, 9:59 PM

You aren't the arbiter of opinion. Go hide behind your group. Maybe your clan will care to comment... I love mixing it up with gang-bangers (insecure punks)...

Re: "Get over yourself"... Yeah, that's about right for you.

Sep 14, 2018, 10:02 PM

Haha. What? Who’s hiding. Open, honest and fun debate.

More public flogging for an opinion. Gang bangers? Really. Creative and mature; Shocking.

Dude, I was defending you. I'v seen these attacks before.

Sep 14, 2018, 10:16 PM

As is evident, I was posting to FM and his 'clan'.... They think they're the Baseball Furies (only without any bats).

Re: Dude, I was defending you. I'v seen these attacks before.

Sep 14, 2018, 10:21 PM

How do I join his clan?? TIA

Keep.... I repeat... KEEP tagging along.***

Sep 14, 2018, 10:24 PM

So someone comes on tent and tells me I need

Sep 14, 2018, 10:22 PM [ in reply to Dude, I was defending you. I'v seen these attacks before. ]

to send a message to Elliott, repeating a message he says Dabo has already sent, and then goes on to call me names and I’m the attacker?

Uhh... that was his quote to me. Hence the “”.

Sep 14, 2018, 10:05 PM [ in reply to "Get over yourself"... Yeah, that's about right for you. ]

You should go back a read the exchange.

Re: Uhh... that was his quote to me. Hence the “”.

Sep 14, 2018, 10:09 PM

I’m aware you’re disliked by many but don’t steal my fun or arguing. Gesh hardwoods. Zero fun you are.

Haha, Solo’s trying to argue with me for some reason, not

Sep 14, 2018, 10:13 PM

you. You’re good.

I take the road less traveled... and I bow to no one. ;~)***

Sep 14, 2018, 10:19 PM

Well you came out of your corner swinging for some reason.

Sep 14, 2018, 10:24 PM

I don’t mind, I just don’t know what we’re getting ready to fight about.

Cote de Rhone(s) with some Coors Banquet backers... No

Sep 14, 2018, 10:31 PM

big deal. Just a little ornery about a doctor and a two week wait. I'll be back to normal midweek... Till then, you and others might "Feel my Ralph"... ;~)

Good luck with the doctor stuff, waiting is no fun.***

Sep 14, 2018, 10:35 PM

Pizzed... but thank you for the kind thoughts.***

Sep 14, 2018, 10:45 PM

Sep 14, 2018, 9:24 PM [ in reply to Re: Haha... ]

From what I have heard and observed during his tenure at Clemson Dabo Swinney is NEVER satisfied and continually strives for improving his team in all aspects .
I see him as tireless and not a person to rest on his laurels .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Sep 14, 2018, 9:47 PM

Same for me. That’s why I love Dabo.

Sep 14, 2018, 9:44 PM [ in reply to Re: Haha... ]

You don't have to be a D bag dude but that is fine. We use our talent to win games not put up heisman stats. It is not just as simple as giving him the ball. Our coaches know what they are doing a heck of a lot more than me or you. It is fine to discuss things but not fine saying we need to cut out our OC because you are not happy with the number of touches a player gets. We won on the road against a team with top 10-15 talent and the game could have easily been won by a larger margin if not for a bad snap exchange and some crazy throws and grabs by A&M. Be happy we have such good coaches and not talk crap about them. We can discuss play calling for sure but let's not pretend that we are better at it than our OCs.

Sep 14, 2018, 9:55 PM

Ummm . Did you watch the game? Yes, they got lucky on a few grabs. But Higgins touchdown and Amaris grab we’re too. We’re also lucky. Good plays but lucky we got what we did from them. Let’s not kid ourselves, those fgs a&m missed early were the game. Perhaps we kick one instead of going for it before the half.

But people on this board talk like we’re world beaters, and did before that game. After its close, they had talent, this that and the other comes out. Before game, we were supposed to win by 30.

We’re good enough to never have that discussion. So I WILL question Elliot and his play calling until it progresses. Just me. Bc I believe we’re better. If you don’t, that’s on you.

Either way, I’ll yell my #### off for the Tigers every week. That will never change. But defending something for the sake of defending it so I can say I’m a fan, yeah, that won’t happen. I don’t lie to myself, my wife or another tiger fan. Will speak my mind. Hate it or not.

Sep 14, 2018, 10:02 PM

How was Amari's or Tee's grab lucky? I figured the game would be close but more like 10 points not 2. If you think we are going to win every game without it ever being close, especially on the road at a place like that, than you are going to be miserable ur whole life. You can try and justify you bashing our OC all you want but that is what you did saying if he can't cut it we need to cut him. You went beyond questioning the play calling. I don't hate it I just think it is pathetic but speak your mind and keep believing you are a better fan because of it. Go Tigers!

Sep 14, 2018, 10:18 PM

Higgins grab was amazing... the run after. That’s on HIM too, not the OC. Same for Amaris short slant. We’re overcoming his play calling not winning bc of it.

Just quit the orange tinted glasses. Why hasn’t Elliot gotten an offer like Morris or venables if he that’s good. Perhaps, people that know more than you or I realize it’s the talent we have and not him. And he’s not getting the best he could out of it

Sep 14, 2018, 10:46 PM

So coaches shouldn't get credit for putting the players in the best situation to succeed? Also Amari's catch wasn't a short slant, it was a deep dig. Stop with the senseless babble the people who know more than pretty much every fan just voted Tony the best assistant coach in the country in a year without Deshaun.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Darn right

Sep 14, 2018, 8:26 PM [ in reply to Re: Etienne ]

Let's get off the schneid, coaching staff and make things happen. It's not like your decisions are winning titles and championships!

Uhm...never mind. ;)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Darn right

Sep 14, 2018, 8:28 PM

Best is the standard. They said that. Think this is the best our RBs or WRs can do? Be honest with yourself and quit the we’re winning argument. We should be. We have talent

You feel we should be winning, standings say we are winning.

Sep 14, 2018, 8:35 PM

Seems you should be happy.

Re: You feel we should be winning, standings say we are winning.

Sep 14, 2018, 8:40 PM

Yes. With our talent. Outside bama or a maybe a few others we should win every game. Why’s playing better football such a bad idea. Playing football to the level we’re capable of a bad idea. Quit settling. We have the best WRs in the country. Great RBS, a front 7 that’s unmatched. These game, NONE of them should be close until the playoffs

No undefeated team has won a NC in the playoff era...

Sep 14, 2018, 8:43 PM

Even the best teams lose.

Re: No undefeated team has won a NC in the playoff era...

Sep 14, 2018, 9:05 PM

I think it will happen this year for the first time.

^ All In!***

Sep 14, 2018, 9:06 PM

That's not how it works

Sep 14, 2018, 8:46 PM [ in reply to Re: You feel we should be winning, standings say we are winning. ]

That's not how any of this works...(especially two games into the season)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 14, 2018, 8:48 PM [ in reply to Re: Darn right ]

Texas, A&M, USC, UF, UT, Oregon, and FSU also have talent so maybe our coaches know what they are doing??

Sep 14, 2018, 9:26 PM

Sorry. Talking about Clemson. Don’t care what those schools do. Which team are you a fan of?

Sep 14, 2018, 9:54 PM

You said we have talent so we should win while you are bashing our OC. Those teams have as much talent but are not winning like we have been. So maybe our coaches know what the heck they are doing. Don't come questioning my fanhood. That is just ignorant on your part. Everybody on here knows what team I am for. Usually coots ask questions like that.

Jk buddy. I know we all just want the best our of our players and coaches and ofcourse I want to see ETN with the ball in his hands but I'm not going to question or wish for a new OC while we are winning like we have been.

if the qb runs the ball you got 1 extra blocker***

Sep 14, 2018, 10:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Etienne ]

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Certainly runs with good power and excellent balance. Ran

Sep 14, 2018, 9:26 PM [ in reply to Re: Etienne ]

thru many hits and tackles in College Station. Fun to watch!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 14, 2018, 8:59 PM

Then people will ask why don't throw more etc.

Sep 14, 2018, 9:05 PM

Sorry. Post is about RBS. Lol. But you’re probably right. I just want to see us run the ball. Like with a running back, not a qb. Having a qb that can run and escape pressure, create plays WHEN needed is much different than using him as our RB when we have em. Pass plays come from good running. May actually help Bryant or Trevor

He averaged over 7 yds per carry as a true frosh in 2017/18

Sep 14, 2018, 9:48 PM

The primary answer is poor play calling by Tony Elliott and the coaches lack of confidence in QB vertical passing ability. That said, the team has only played two games, and hopefully the highly paid coaches will adjust.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He averaged over 7 yds per carry as a true frosh in 2017/18

Sep 14, 2018, 10:12 PM

We can’t say Elliot, play calling, the words “running back” or “better” on this board. Don’t you know this? We can’t possibly play any better. Just ask hardwood and his fratastic side kick, other login, Cmoney

Sep 14, 2018, 10:17 PM

You can say anything you want to say. You can also complain about our OC that has helped us get to the playoffs 3 years in a row. Are you an OC getting paid dang good money to coach one of the best teams in the nation? It seems to me like you should be because I couldn't imagine how good our O would be if we had you calling plays.

Sep 14, 2018, 10:23 PM

Finally. The lights have come on. Lol. Jk jk

Listen. I’m just venting as a fan who wants the best. Nothing personal. We can play better. That’s all I want to see. But don’t confuse our results with Elliot and Watson. We got exposed last year after looking the same against bama two straight years on offense. Same line. Same most. Only difference was Watson vs Bryant. So if Watson made Elliot look so good perhaps he’s not the Genius we’re giving him credit for and he needs work and change to get better.

Sep 14, 2018, 10:46 PM

Well nobody is Deshaun Watson dude but he was not the only difference. We had better WRs, TE, blocking RB, and arguably center. Now this year I expect our O to be improved from last. Ofcourse we need to get better on O. I don't like some of the things we do either. We could have easily had 35 points tho. On the road against a talented team that should be plenty enough to win. Now I want to improve and I believe we will and it is okay to criticise some of what our coaches do for sure. You can talk all you want about our coaches I just believe they deserve our support and they deserve credit for what they are doing. I believe our O did plenty enough to win with what our D is suppose to be this year. 28 points against anybody should be enough so can we stop the hate on Elliot and put it on BV? JK JK. This isn't the first time we have seen a QB throw on us like that but I love the D we play. We were so close to getting some ints and they had all 3 TDs be 50/50 balls. We shut down the run and made Mond try to beat us and props to him for a heck of a game. I did not think he could do what he did.

Sep 14, 2018, 10:39 PM [ in reply to He averaged over 7 yds per carry as a true frosh in 2017/18 ]

So Dabo says "Get the ball to the RBs" but Elliott hears 'but not in the 4th quarter when we're trying to sit on the lead'.

I guarantee the reason KB kept the ball the last 8 plays at College Station is because all of our 3 fumbles (none lost) this season came on exchanges. They were totally unforced. Etienne retains possession better than Kelly, but he has to get it first.

Unfortunately defenses now know they only need to stop the QB keeper 3x to get the ball back once we go into Clock mode. Kelly made a great move on one play to extend the possession but they were ready the next 7 times. We all learned Kelly's moves against Auburn last year.

Shhh.... Reality can get real around here.***

Sep 14, 2018, 10:43 PM

Sep 14, 2018, 10:50 PM [ in reply to Re: He averaged over 7 yds per carry as a true frosh in 2017/18 ]

I believe Dabo was just putting it on our D which is suppose to be the best in the nation. I don't like the play calling late with the lead but with a decent punt, which we didn't get, I like our chances up 8 with 70-80 yard to the O to go under 2 mins against our D. We should win that kind of situation every time.

Sep 14, 2018, 11:09 PM

I agree that's what he is doing but it didn't work. Again.

So Spiers gave us a poor punt, so instead of having to go 65 yards in what? 1:10? (you can't ask for a net higher than 40 yards with the LoS at the 25), they only had to go 47 yards. When they did it in 2 plays and 20 seconds, you no longer blame the punter.

Sep 15, 2018, 12:47 PM

Once again our best player doesn’t touch the ball in a 0-0 ball game. Where is ETN?!

Replies: 80
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic