Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Entirely Possible Dabo's Tenure as HC Could Be CU's Longest
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

Entirely Possible Dabo's Tenure as HC Could Be CU's Longest

Nov 13, 2018, 5:56 PM

A bit hard to think Dabo was only 38 when he took over as Tiger's Coach. His birthday is 1 week away, and he'll still be just 49.

He's aged, visibly, only a TAD - if any. I think he's on a path to coach until he's 70 - or longer - if he wants it. That would make him CU's all-time longest serving HC.

It would also, by then, possibly make him the greatest college football coach - EVER. Can you imagine what his record would look like after 30-32 years - or MORE?? WOW!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Entirely Possible Dabo's Tenure as HC Could Be CU's Longest

Nov 13, 2018, 6:51 PM

If I am not mistaken, Frank Howard coached from 1940 through the 1969 season. After 65, things start to slow down. I know. I want him to leave when he is ready and not under pressure. Like Frank said, "I left due to illness, IPTAY was sick of me".

Being in your 60's today is a

Nov 13, 2018, 7:11 PM

Lot different than back in the 60's. Now...whether that's a plus...well...TBD! But, if Mr. Joe is any indication...there's still a lot of tread on these tires!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Entirely Possible Dabo's Tenure as HC Could Be CU's Longest

Nov 13, 2018, 7:34 PM [ in reply to Re: Entirely Possible Dabo's Tenure as HC Could Be CU's Longest ]

He said “the alumni got sick of me”

I've thought the exact same thing!

Nov 13, 2018, 7:18 PM

Except, if Coach Swinney continues down the same path he's on then he will surpass Coach Saban on total number of National Championship Titles. He's already ahead of Coach Saban compared to where Coach Saban was in his first 10 years of being a head coach. Coach Swinney just may go down in history as the Greatest College Football Coach of all time. It would not surprise me if they didn't rename the Field after Coach Swinney when it's all said and done. Of course, that may upset quite a few old timers, but I'm for certain that they will build some sort of monument after him or name a building after him before it's all over with.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

Re: I've thought the exact same thing!

Nov 13, 2018, 7:34 PM

Very good points! You must be a military man (current or retired). Anything you could pass along about your service? I've had a good number of family members in military, so I salute you & say MANY THANKS! It's hard to properly thank our military people, but millions of us are truly grateful for the amazing sacrifice!

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic